1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

the glitch mob !!!!

Discussion in 'Roll Calls' started by assassaint, Mar 10, 2010.

1. assassaint

assassaint TRIBE Member

2. oeretS

oeretS TRIBE Member

almost forgot about this, thinking about heading over tonight
  3. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

no tuesday raving for me. would if i could.
  4. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

no one wants to review this. either that or nobody went wtf is up around 'ere
  5. oeretS

oeretS TRIBE Member

it was ok. talented guys for sure but a lot of it was really obvious and cheesy. like not too far off Linkin Park, only glitchier
  6. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

lol - was it at least live sequencing and sampling, or was it just a DJ / ableton set? I feel like they were doing some live, on-the-spot stuff last time i saw them (in '06 or '07)
  7. oeretS

oeretS TRIBE Member

they were live on drums, plus working these things which was pretty badass

8. dj.nick.c

dj.nick.c TRIBE Member

yeah, this show was not at all what i had expected going into the night. Being a big fan of what they were churning out a year ago or older, I was expecting a total high energy crunked out glitch hop party set. Instead it was more of a live electro hip hop act. It was a lot more emo than i would have liked. I'm wondering if edIt is pulling the whole act back to the sound he was pushing with "crying over pros...".

they were playing live drums, guitars even, and their lemurs. It was good but having the breaks of silence between each tune kind of threw me off. again, i was expecting a big room dj set. Apparently this was only their 4th stop on tour so I'm wondering if it'll be more fine tuned and smoothed out once the ball gets rolling a bit more.

Their opening act, Free the Robots, totally owned it for me. I thought he stole the show for sure.

Would I see them again? Probably not, if its going to be the same sound. I'm glad i did see them though, another act to check off my list.
  9. wakipaki

wakipaki TRIBE Member

each one is a talented producer, but the glitch mob tunes have never done it for me as much as the solo edit, kraddy (i know hes out now) and ooah stuff