1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The FREE Albums Thread

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by DaPhatConductor, Jul 9, 2010.

1. DaPhatConductor

DaPhatConductor TRIBE Promoter

bil bless

For those of you who don't know, Bil Bless aka Son of the Electric Ghost, aka The Disciple Grin, aka 1/2 of Skeetaz aka aka aka... has been quietly wrecking shop from Texas for some time now. Definitely one of my musical heroes and he's put out an extremely well crafted, creative, genre-bending, fun, creepy, crazy diverse and FREE album called The Life Mechanism Part 2.

Track 2 is a real standout for me, but there are a ton of awesome tracks on this release. It's tough to pick a favourite.

Enjoy!

Dylan

2. DaPhatConductor

Pretty Lights

Pretty Lights Music

Colorado's Pretty Lights has really blown up in the last couple years. He went from playing bars for beer to selling out massive concert venues like Red Rocks. He sounds kind of like RJD2 with more bass. I don't like every song (there are about a billion) but the ones I do like, i LOVE.

<3

d

3. DaPhatConductor

[​IMG]

Journal | shipwrek

Shipwr3k is a good friend of mine from SF who makes deeply personal and memorable music. His free album Journal is a collection of songs he wrote in a day each, like an audio journal. He is also a talented visual artist and is planning a book to go with the album. You can see some of his work in the id3/album art that comes up when you play the mp3s.

Highly recommended!

4. DaPhatConductor

[​IMG]

opiuo

OK, i know this one isn't an album, it's just 3 tracks, but Opiuo was basically THE guy for glitch hop in 2009 because of this ep. It's fat, it's funky, it'll make you warm in all the right places... Monkey Crunk 4 LIFE Dawwwwg!

He'll be at Shambhala too, for those of you who care...

5. DaPhatConductor

Intercontinental Ballistic Lazer | Samples

Ben Samples is from Boulder, Colorado and is a really awesome guy. This was his first EP and it really made a big impact. Dolla and Blakka are the real standouts for me.

He's been playing all kinds of festivals and banging out literally hundreds of songs. I really can't believe he's 22 and produces on a home stereo... We've got a couple collabs coming on my next album. Opiuo and I have a collab with Vent too btw... ill.Methodology Reprazent! lol

ok, I'm done for now. somebody else post some free albums!

6. [- FuNKtiOn -]

[- FuNKtiOn -] TRIBE Member

the.pulse | shinogo.com

Shinogo - The Pulse

amazing downtempo/trip hoppy goodness.
    can't believe he didn't get this album signed but who can argue with free music!?

7. basilisk

basilisk TRIBE Member

I have a many releases I could post... but I'll select just a few and see how that goes over :D

Techno

[​IMG]
    Proper German techno and techtrance.

[​IMG]
    All sorts of awesome stuff from Digital Diamonds.

[​IMG]
    Killer tunes--local too.

[​IMG]
    Someone other than Radioslave releasing 24 minute epics.

Downtempo

[​IMG]
    Loungey chill from the Pacific Northwest; a bit like classic Bluetech but with an original twist.

[​IMG]
    Heavily influenced by Ott and the Twisted Records psy-dub school of downtempo.

[​IMG]
    Trippy, experimental, cinematic, insanely cool music from Australia.

[​IMG]
    Deep space ambient in the style of Steve Roach... will leave you floating.

8. basilisk

basilisk TRIBE Member

Incidentally, I think it is awesome that the use of Bandcamp seems to be encouraging artists to give away lossless quality audio.

9. basilisk

basilisk TRIBE Member

Super Galactic Expansive - Supersensible Science
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJhSU03opY0[/YOUTUBE]
    Download: Super Galactic Expansive

10. solacevip

solacevip TRIBE Promoter

11. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

this is fantastic, thank you !

[jai]

12. basilisk

basilisk TRIBE Member

Awesome! I just found out who the other half of Skeetaz is ;)

13. unique2100

unique2100 TRIBE Promoter

My latest release...
    [​IMG]
    After the label's successful launch in 2009 Junglist Manifesto Recordings returns. Front man Chili Banks returns with his first full length album RISE ABOVE NATURE. BIG BREAKS, SUB BASS, CRAZY SAMPLES, & KILLER EDITS ON THIS ONE!!!

DOWNLOAD IT HERE FREE

http://www.junglistmanifesto.com/TUNES/RISEABOVENATURE.rar

14. jared k

jared k TRIBE Member

cosign!