• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The FOOD Picture Thread!

futronic

TRIBE Member
Bring the Moscato - depending on when you show, we'll likely be into reds at that point, so something sweet to finish may be good.

-- Jay aka Fut

Big Cheese

TRIBE Member
seen. it'll be well into the evening, who else is gonna be there?

also kel, the city name denotes the cut of beef too, but i can only think of a few places in toronto that you can ask only once for a "kansas city style/st louis style" steak and they get it right the first time.

its all dumb imho

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
hmmm in my new found love of steak it sounds kinda dumb
I found out this weekend I like my steak rare
yum

speaking of this weekend this was one of the steaks we got
porterhouse for the boy
890664640_d12816a3d5_b.jpg

annnd the aftermath

890664608_895412a333_o.jpg

I had a rib eye but I dont have pics.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

emigre

TRIBE Member
Hmm, maybe this is the place to be asking:

As part of a strange but fun office initiation ritual (coming a bit late as I've been there over a year now), I have to arrange breakfast for the office for Thursday morning (like, so each person will get a little plate to take back to their desk and nibble on). I get reimbursed for $80, but don't mind spending a little bit more. People remember if your breakfast was good.

When our Italian staffers were in town, it was an antipasti bonanza with homemade Pugliese sausage and rich tiramisù. The last breakfast to go down was serving mimosas at 9 am on a Monday with an incredible amount of fruit. People usually represent where they're from, or places they've lived or recently travelled in, or just have a really awesome array of food. Variety is key, and espresso is in the kitchen.

St. Lawrence Market - opens at 8, less than ten minute walk from work, where I should be by 8:35 at the latest.

How do I maximize my awesome potential and provide a fucking stellar table by optimizing my route around the market?

addendum: Having some coffee-friendly liqueur would not be frowned upon either, as most of us end up having one drink during office hours.

Last edited:

g0nz0

TRIBE Member
made some manly sanmiches on sunday
DSC00705.JPG

capicollo,hot calabrese salami, hickory smoked turkey, pastrami

DSC00708.JPG

DSC00710.JPG

to understand the SIZE, those are 1inch thick slices of bread.

sourdough bread
jalapeno havarti
leaf lettuce
dijon
lots of meat.

i got 3 sandwiches out of a loaf of bread. HA

vox

TRIBE Member
tonight's dinnie:
n804500690_890026_2173.jpg

zucchini blossoms again (same preparation as last time)
with penne tossed with zucchini ribbons sauteed in roasted garlic butter, pecorino romano, and these oil-packed dried chilies my supervisor at work jars up (i hate to be biased here, but italian people make the BEST supervisors).

Syrah

TRIBE Member
Greetings from the Caymans

Just had a great filet mignon. I'm overlooking waves crashing over the moonlit ocean. Nice gentle breeze.

"Accidentally" I picked up a bottle of Trimbach Gewurtraminer Vendanges Tardives 1996. I say accidentally, because it was in a cheap looking bin. It was NOT cheap. But I didn't figure that out until I looked at my receipt, well after the first sip.

I totally destroyed the cork trying to open it with the half-assed openers in my condo (since my container has not arrived yet). So I just pushed the cork through the bottle.

However. Kill me now. This wine is so fucking good!

P.S. Settling in nicely. Morning jogs with iguanas, scuba diving with turtles...

futronic

TRIBE Member
Syrah said:
Just had a great filet mignon. I'm overlooking waves crashing over the moonlit ocean. Nice gentle breeze.

"Accidentally" I picked up a bottle of Trimbach Gewurtraminer Vendanges Tardives 1996. I say accidentally, because it was in a cheap looking bin. It was NOT cheap. But I didn't figure that out until I looked at my receipt, well after the first sip.

I totally destroyed the cork trying to open it with the half-assed openers in my condo (since my container has not arrived yet). So I just pushed the cork through the bottle.

However. Kill me now. This wine is so fucking good!

P.S. Settling in nicely. Morning jogs with iguanas, scuba diving with turtles...

Nice pickup on the VT. Glad to hear it wasn't over the hill! As to why you're drinking that with a filet, I have no idea. :p :D

BTW - you're not allowed to post dinners in here without pictures. That's for the dinner thread!

-- Jay aka Fut

futronic

TRIBE Member
Tonight's dinner:

921870904_567f005b93_o.jpg

921024385_730d3cbcb2_o.jpg

Grilled veal chop with a red wine, veal stock, black truffle reduction

There's corn on the cob from the BBQ as well, but it would have mussed up the plate. :D

-- Jay aka Fut

vox

TRIBE Member
n804500690_906364_3740.jpg

nacho night last night. words can't describe the difference that frying your own tortilla chips makes. sour cream, guac, habenero salsa, refried beans, and monterrey (i just made the chips and the guac).

it's alarming how much of this i can eat.

futronic

TRIBE Member
Awesome stuff, Mercy! Stay tuned for photos of tonights dinner ... everything should be plated in about 10-15 minutes. :)

(Did you get my PM?)

-- Jay aka Fut

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
a couple quaint yet super tasty dishes I made the other night.

dump037tn3.jpg

stir fry chicken w asparagus, onions, chilli peppers and yellow peppers. side of chinese sausage (yes, I finally found some in Munich!)

dump044oy5.jpg

spicy beef and tomatoes with leeks :)

vox

TRIBE Member
that carbonara looks amazing.

and the availability of chinese sausage in munich warms the cockles of my heart.

went to oyster boy on the weekend:
n804500690_917651_2171.jpg

12 of the two dozen oysters we ate

n804500690_917652_2447.jpg

steamers!!! they were in a roasted garlic, white wine broth that was a match made in heaven for dunky bread

n804500690_917653_2681.jpg

baked oysters with champagne and brie

n804500690_917654_2910.jpg

their crispy onion rings (some of the best onion rings ever) with jalepeno lime aioli

futronic

TRIBE Member
Nice job on Oyster Boy, Mercy!

vox said:
that carbonara looks amazing.

The pancetta was really good. It's in slab form from a producer in Niagara (picked it up at Scheffler's).

P.S. - NO CREAM! :D

-- Jay aka Fut