• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The Food Bank

thom100

TRIBE Member
Ok the debate is going on in the photo thread, so lets bring it to the genral.

The food bank, have you or anyone else you known used it?
is it valid to use it while trying to settle into a new location regardless of prior living arrangments?

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
if you need to use a food bank you need to use it. a person should know whether or not he/she needs to use it. i wouldn't presume to shit on anyone who finds themselves in circumstances under which they need to use a food bank. personally i would count it as a last resort, rather than as part of my plans for trying to settle in a new place.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Sunshyne Jones said:
if you need to use a food bank you need to use it. a person should know whether or not he/she needs to use it. i wouldn't presume to shit on anyone who finds themselves in circumstances under which they need to use a food bank. personally i would count it as a last resort, rather than as part of my plans for trying to settle in a new place.
Couldn't agree more. Unless you are physically inhabiting someone else's body, you cannot make a value judgement like "that guy/girl is abusing the food bank".

Unless of course they stop in there to grab some soup on the way to the Swarovski store or something like that.

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member

roscoe, waiting for me at the top of the stairs in the morning.

@ Revival, getting tired towards the end of the night.

some labrats

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

mingster

TRIBE Member
i would guess that the average person who uses a foodbank uses it as a last resort before being driven to criminal activity or some other form of desperation. in toronto, there is a multi-faceted process in place to prevent abuse of it as a resource. people don't generally do their grocery shopping at the food bank. we might find otherwise in the occasional person lacking scruples, but i doubt it's a real concern for the social safety net.

having said that, i would trust that if someone used a foodbank, not only do they believe themselves in need of it, but its staff does as well. enough not to turn them away at the door.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
i've been meaning to post these forever, our trip to San Fransico:

here we are at Fisherman's Wharf, watchout fish!! lol

then we all had fish of all things for dinner, lol. that's househeadsacha going back for thirds!!

then we went on a walking tour. scary!! lol

and what else, Giants baseball. hey kid move that flag we can't see! lol

after a big day we went back to our hotel room. swanky eh? lol

the next day we flew home. hey househead stop snoring! lol