• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The Fine Automobile Thread

Dr. Grinch

TRIBE Member
LOVE it!! The classic Ronal Turbo wheels are excellent and the badass big intercooler suggests it has more punch than your average 80's 5-series

Amazing work on the paint too!!!
Late reply, but I don't come here much anymore. I saw those pics and looked the car up. The intercooler was attached to a 1JZ, so yup, it had some scoot to it.
Sadly, the car is no longer around. The frame twisted out and started to separate, and the owner had to scrap it.
Shame though, because it really was an awesome looking rat.

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
My parents are signing the papers today for one of these 2011 Mercedes GLK. I was pushing them on the BMW X5 but I have to say, after riding in the GLK I was impressed.

xopus

TRIBE Member
My parents are signing the papers today for one of these 2011 Mercedes GLK. I was pushing them on the BMW X5 but I have to say, after riding in the GLK I was impressed.

ah, the benz take on a subaru forrester. makes me laugh everytime i see it.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

salad

TRIBE Member

The GLK is a great crossover for the price. I liked it more than I was expecting I would. It is a lot roomier on the inside that it looks. But I wouldn't say it compares with the X5 ... the X5 is $15K - $20K more expensive.

My major disappointment with the GLK was the extrodinarily loud exhaust note when driven at any speeds over 125 km/h (I normally cruise at around 130 km/h). The same engine in both the C and E classes don't exhibit this annoying noise, so it must be due to the exhaust of the GLK and perhaps the fact that the cargo area is not enclosed like in a sedan. But if you don't notrmally drive at that speed, then it is a non-issue.

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
The GLK is a great crossover for the price. I liked it more than I was expecting I would. It is a lot roomier on the inside that it looks. But I wouldn't say it compares with the X5 ... the X5 is $15K - $20K more expensive.

My major disappointment with the GLK was the extrodinarily loud exhaust note when driven at any speeds over 125 km/h (I normally cruise at around 130 km/h). The same engine in both the C and E classes don't exhibit this annoying noise, so it must be due to the exhaust of the GLK and perhaps the fact that the cargo area is not enclosed like in a sedan. But if you don't notrmally drive at that speed, then it is a non-issue.
I don't imagine my parents will get up to those speeds very often outside of passing cars. My dad is one of those "do the speed limit" drivers ha. We've owned Jeeps, pick up trucks and a few sports cars so I am sure they are use to some road noise but ill pass this on either way. I think they pick it up Saturday from here in Toronto.

Ageed ndrwrld, the Durango is looking siick.

derek

TRIBE Member
never really liked the viper, maybe 15 years ago. just doesn't suit my tastes these days i suppose. for the money they're asking there's a list of cars i'd purchase before a viper.

taste is subjective though. i also hate vettes.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
from what i understand, they're going ahead with a full production for the viper in 2012. also revamping the Charger.

xopus

TRIBE Member
that picture shows some styling cues taken from ferrari and bmw. looks almost like a elongated ferrari front end paired to a z4 rear.
weird.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders