• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The Fine Automobile Thread

djfear

TRIBE Member
I'm not even too sure what to do at this point. Just sell the STi and walk away from a ticking time bomb or maybe dump $5000 into it and get the engine built? Might look into an IS350 AWD. Ah, this ringland thing is scaring me lol
See I'm lucky, I don't even own a car so I technically have less issues than you! ;P

In my condo parking I'm surrounded by all these nice cars and one of them is the IS350 in atomic silver. Such a sleek looking car. Does it come in manual or are they all automatic?

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
I don't even know. From a quick peek at things, they only come in automatic. Boo.

So, I've decided to sell the STi while there's still warranty on it (end of dec 2015). Not a whole lot, but some is better than none. Figured to sell the STi and trade in the wife's ride for a lightly used v6 6spd Honda Accord.

For the time being, I'll sit back and wait to see which car I want next to be my garage queen. Damn you, ringlands!

Last edited:

juice

TRIBE Member
Toy ... have it narrowed down to two choices.

OR

Daily driver

I actually like my 911 more than I thought as a daily driver. Toronto roads a bit harsh though and 4 doors might be nice at times so that being the case maybe

For my better half

Vise

TRIBE Member
I could be interested. I am a little nervous to take my own car but very excited to at the same time.
If you own a sporty/performance car you should use it as intended! Also to be clear these are not racing events, they are heavily supervised track days with professional instructors and clear rules around acceptable behaviour. The only real risk is if you're a total moron. Otherwise you get to experience what your cars can actually do vs keeping them 'around' the legal limit on public roads.

As mentioned if anyone is interested shoot me a PM and I can send you details... I' m planning to hit at least 3-4 events this summer and hopefully more.

squidly

TRIBE Member

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Nope, never had an issue with throttle response. In the M4, the throttle is already way way too sensitive in its most aggressive mode. It might as well be an on/off switch.

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
I wish the M3/M4 came with AWD. I would buy one in a heartbeat. Gorgeous car!

I literally cried myself to sleep the day this happened. Wheel is off now to be repaired but so frustrating.

Balzz

TRIBE Member
If the M3/M4 came in AWD, I would find something else to buy! What happened? I'm not looking forward to the first scratch/ding/curbrash.

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
If the M3/M4 came in AWD, I would find something else to buy! What happened? I'm not looking forward to the first scratch/ding/curbrash.
I hear ya man! I love a decent RWD car as much as the next guy. However with my situation, I am up north in cottage country all year around so an AWD car just made sense at this point in my life. I would like to buy a RWD toy when I have the money and space for a summer/winter car set up. Actually, my wife and I toured the Porsche lot on the weekend looking at a couple used cars haha.

I was just being absent minded while leaving a plaza and hit the curb on the way out. Sadly my $1700 dollar rim and tire protection did not cover the curb rash because the tire was still holding air. I am back on my winter set up while my rim is off at the shop for repair. $130 dollars to repair and re-coat

Balzz

TRIBE Member
I was just being absent minded while leaving a plaza and hit the curb on the way out. Sadly my $1700 dollar rim and tire protection did not cover the curb rash because the tire was still holding air. I am back on my winter set up while my rim is off at the shop for repair. $130 dollars to repair and re-coat
That sucks. Yeah all it takes is a second of distraction and crunch...ugh.

Vise

TRIBE Member
Well that escalated quickly...
Nice one Shane, looking badass... shame about the front plate though. :p

Could be worse man, aside from the hassle $130 to repair is nothing to lose sleep over. Funny cause I can relate, the week after putting new summer wheels on my C63 I hit a low/hidden curb outside the LCBO. It wasn't terrible (two smallish spots of rash) but every time I washed the car it gave me heart burn.

Speaking of wheels... going to wait until next season but already checking out 20" centerlock wheel options for summer use. Yowza the BBS FI-R is hot... speed holes ftw. :D

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
New Holden Concept car based off a vehicle they did in the 50's

its my new dream car for sunday cruising.

'The Holden Efijy is a concept car created in Australia by Holden. It pays tribute to the Holden FJ, the second model built by Holden in the 1950's. The concept is based on the Chevrolet Corvette floor pan, a 6.0 litre V8 engine with Roots supercharger putting out 480 kW (644 hp) at a little shy of 6500 r.p.m. It rides on an air suspension system that lowers the car when the car is stopped, and also has electronic instrumentation including a multi-use display screen that disappears into the dash.

Last edited:

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
Could you imagine trying to park that thing? haha Gorgeous car!

Walked into Tesla at Yorkdale Mall the other day while killing some time. Ended up talking to the sales staff and I have to admit, I am a little intrigued by the Model S / P85D. Although after building it to my desired spec the car came to $114,000 haha. I do not doubt the car is worth that price but if I am going to spend that much money on a car, I personally think there is better out there. Especially being someone who's favorite part of a car is the sound.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member

Audi TT Clubsport Turbo Technology Concept
2.5 five-cylinder engine producing 600 h) and 479.4 lb/ft of torque.
0-100 km/h in 3.6 seconds, and its top speed is 310 km/h
:O

coleridge

TRIBE Member
The Motoring guys have moved on to this 911 Carrera 4 GTS this week and have it sitting in my usual parking spot on the street.