• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The final season of BREAKING BAD

Lojack

TRIBE Member
I don't recall a swastika, but given the place had been effectively abandoned, it wouldn't surprise me. That doesn't mean it is, or is not, relevant though. I'm leaning toward not relevant, but we'll see. This show surprises (or at least is surprising in its predictability [awesome even then]).

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Oh I totally think Todd will fuck up his cook (probably with an explosion) and force the Nazi's to attempt to get Walt to cook...probably by force.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Oh I totally think Todd will fuck up his cook (probably with an explosion) and force the Nazi's to attempt to get Walt to cook...probably by force.
Don't think it'll be the Nazis so much as that crazy jittery lady. She's the one with the $50M deal with the Czechs and not afraid to waste anybody that gets in her way.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

skin deep

TRIBE Member
Great episode:
[spoil]I find it super interesting that we actually have absolutely no clue what Jesse told Hank and his partner, who knows what parts he left out or added...[/spoil]

greginhali

TRIBE Member
i thought it was a slow episode. i dont need to see the son crying to walt that he doesnt want him to die. I get it. Move the story along here. I would like to see what Jesse is thinking more. He is crazy and mad. But lets see some more depth then him shaking all episode.

skin deep

TRIBE Member
i thought it was a slow episode. i dont need to see the son crying to walt that he doesnt want him to die. I get it. Move the story along here. I would like to see what Jesse is thinking more. He is crazy and mad. But lets see some more depth then him shaking all episode.
[spoil]Well now that he's back on drugs I can see why he's so shaky and unpredictable.[/spoil]

DJ Vuvu Zela

TRIBE Member
Great episode:
[spoil]I find it super interesting that we actually have absolutely no clue what Jesse told Hank and his partner, who knows what parts he left out or added...[/spoil]
not sure why you're using the spoiler tag for this...

while they didn't explicitly show us Jesse in front of the camera we DO have an excellent idea what he told Hank because of the dialog after the fact. They know about poisoning the kid, Lydia, the Bug operation, the killing of Drew Sharpe, Walt running over the drug dealers, and Walt pretending to find the ricin cigarette.

I guess maybe your point is perhaps Jesse held back info that could seriously incriminate himself like shooting Gail, but given his state of mind I'm not sure. One thing is pretty clear in that he sang like a canary.

What a little bitch.

Overall a decent episode, but it definitely lacked the momentum of the previous 3. One thing i did appreciate is how the writers were able to toy with out knowledge of the future (Walt's home is burnt out) and yet trick us into thinking Jesse was responsible....

greginhali

TRIBE Member
[spoil]Well now that he's back on drugs I can see why he's so shaky and unpredictable.[/spoil]
is that a spoiler? shit i just want some feedback from the hardcores. bring the heat writers. we have waited for the madness. last couple episodes better deliver.

Dialog

TRIBE Member
Did anyone watch Talking Bad with RJ Mitte and Betsy Brandt?

[spoil]
Pretty sure RJ leaked that at some point in the remaining episodes, Walt Jr. comes face-to-face with Jesse. Betsy Brandt looked pained as he was kind of bringing up the possibility, and she was so *on* during Talking Bad, I think it was proof it's an unappreciated leak on RJ's part.
[/spoil]

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

skin deep

TRIBE Member
is that a spoiler? shit i just want some feedback from the hardcores. bring the heat writers. we have waited for the madness. last couple episodes better deliver.
I just figure that everything that happens in the most recent episode is a spoiler for a while.

Was Jesse snorting nearly as much earlier in the series? It seemed to me that he was smoking more then, rather than snorting (didn't Tuco force him to snort some and Jesse said that he doesn't usually do it that way?). Anybody know the difference in effects of snorting vs. smoking meth?

coleridge

TRIBE Member
It's got to be brutal for the actors having to come on to Talking Bad and somehow discuss the show to that point without divulging what's going to happen. You'd have to tread so lightly with every response.

Betsy Brandt was pretty funny. I liked her story idea of her getting pinched for shoplifting and having to do community service with Jesse.

Persephone

TRIBE Member

[spoil]
Pretty sure RJ leaked that at some point in the remaining episodes, Walt Jr. comes face-to-face with Jesse. Betsy Brandt looked pained as he was kind of bringing up the possibility, and she was so *on* during Talking Bad, I think it was proof it's an unappreciated leak on RJ's part.
[/spoil]
I watched it this morning, and the clip only showed Betsy Brandt discussing how Hank and Marie might've met. So perhaps they cut out RJ's slip up?

[spoil] re: Jesse's taped confession at Hank's home, how much of Hank's involvement do you think he revealed to Gomez? I don't recall Jesse ever learning that Walt was funding Hank's rehab, so its possible that Hank's involvement wouldn't be revealed in the confession. Hank must've made a convincing argument to keep Jesse out of lock-up and their 'system' since past Heisenberg associates (liabilities) were eliminated even while imprisoned. So it seems more likely to me that Gomez is still in the dark about Hank's little problem.

But presumably the DEA team will start looking into Walt & Skylar's finances sooner or later, and eventually they're going to see the money transfers to Hank and Marie. [/spoil]

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
. i dont need to see the son crying to walt that he doesnt want him to die. I get it. Move the story along here.
I think they were doing that to set up a plot point where Jesse goes after Walt's son. I think this is what Jesse was thinking about doing during his last scene in the episode.

Also I was listening to the cell message conversations and Jessie has really set himself up to be busted for burning down Walt's house. Didn't Walt go into the burnt out house in the flash forward scene to remove the ricin from the electrical socket? The house does get burned, even if it didn't in this episode.

I reckon Walt will have jessie killed by burning him in his house. Just a theory...

greginhali

TRIBE Member
i dont get why Hank is so worried about using Walts drug money for rehab. Cant he just blame his wife and plead ignorance? He didnt know it was drug money so hes not to blame. Why so scared?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

rudebwoy

TRIBE Member
I think they were doing that to set up a plot point where Jesse goes after Walt's son. I think this is what Jesse was thinking about doing during his last scene in the episode.

Also I was listening to the cell message conversations and Jessie has really set himself up to be busted for burning down Walt's house. Didn't Walt go into the burnt out house in the flash forward scene to remove the ricin from the electrical socket? The house does get burned, even if it didn't in this episode.

I reckon Walt will have jessie killed by burning him in his house. Just a theory...
I rewatched the beginning of the this 1/2 season opener...Walt's house isn't burnt. it's fenced up, windows boarded, looks like people have been squatting in it, but there is no sign of fire/smoke damage.

c.

G3N3R4L

TRIBE Member
I guess maybe your point is perhaps Jesse held back info that could seriously incriminate himself like shooting Gail, but given his state of mind I'm not sure. One thing is pretty clear in that he sang like a canary.
Hank specifically referred to Jesse as a 'murdering little bastard'. So I think it's safe to say that Jesse has given Hank every last detail.

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
Hank specifically referred to Jesse as a 'murdering little bastard'. So I think it's safe to say that Jesse has given Hank every last detail.
I don't exactly agree with that a lot of people died because of him and Mr.White so it could be in reference to that and not the he sang about put a cap in Gails ass