• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The film I wrote is now online

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
As an Evil Dead fans, I suppose both I and Istvan (director) were influenced, but I'm wary of such comparisons as they were used to beat up on Cabin Fever, and all other 'cabin in the woods' type horror. Thing is, being lost in the woods is an horror archetype all on it's own now, and its inception pre-dates Evil Dead.

There's no real nudity, but there's lots of sex.

There's also a rating system and discussion board on that site, so go wild, everyone! The more fuss about it the better!

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
I can't wait to see what kind of short film you'd come up with!

I have two I want to do. Well, three actually. The plan is set to do a short doc next.

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
Find where the movie is located in html.
Create HTML yourself with that link.
Right Click Save As.

I'll watch it tomorrow I think at work :)

pr0nstar :D

gollum

TRIBE Member
So far its not too bad, the guy who plays Alex is sort of annoying (ie he tries a little to hard to be an actor, so his lines are pretty stilted).

I find the movie is really dark so its hard to tell whats happening alot of the time.

Just about 1/3 of the way in now.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
I think also if you watch the film online, it downloads to your temporary internet folder as you watch it. In which case, when it's done you can go in there and copy it out of there... just look for the big file.

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
View - Source - Search - .mov - find appropriate one.

Then you have the link ;)

Make a simple html file ;)

<html>
<body>
<a href=link> Click </a>
</body>
</html>

done

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by gollum
So far its not too bad, the guy who plays Alex is sort of annoying (ie he tries a little to hard to be an actor, so his lines are pretty stilted).

I find the movie is really dark so its hard to tell whats happening alot of the time.

Just about 1/3 of the way in now.

Yeah, he's the only one with no formal acting training, he was just terribly convenient. It wasn't my decision, Istvan really liked his rawness. (this comment is specifically directed at those of you who know the relationship there. ;))

It's dark, eh? Was worried about that, the VHS transfer is dark too, though both the Beta and DVD versions are fine.

JAR

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Lysistrata
Yeah, he's the only one with no formal acting training, he was just terribly convenient. It wasn't my decision, Istvan really liked his rawness. (this comment is specifically directed at those of you who know the relationship there. ;))

It's dark, eh? Was worried about that, the VHS transfer is dark too, though both the Beta and DVD versions are fine.

did you shoot it on Digital Beta SP?

gollum

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Lysistrata

My audio fucked up around the middle of the movie, so I stopped. But not bad for an indie film, much better than Gambling Gods and LSD in my opinion. couldn't even watch more than 20 min of that garbage.

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by Hal-9000
Where do you ge the transfers done?

my bf works at a commercial distribution house, so we got it REAL cheap: he did the labour, we just payed for materials. The darkness in the VHS is due to a lack of communication about some settings between him and hte editor--the guy who actually made the master file. There were lots of conversations about it with lots of technical jargon and stuff.

gollum, if you didn't make it to the orgy scene, I highly reccommend you try again! ;)