• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The Fastest Fast Food Thing-a-ma-bob Thread

ChROmE

TRIBE Member
Word. In this thread we will cover the latest and greatest in the fast food world. I also hope that we will have visitors and replies from people who will demean us for consuming the fat of the land.

Discussions around the replacement of Dave Thomas will not go unheard. We will not point and laugh at Grimace for being the big fat purple slob that he is. He will be accepted in OUR thread!

Paging the Hamburgler!

First Topic is one I brought up in the past, but still after all these years can't formulate the right answer.

Who has the best Chicken Sandwich?

peace&eatsteady

McChrome -> Biggie Sized

mingster

TRIBE Member
the fastest operation i have witnessed is the wendy's in the scotiaplaza.

they are able to punch in multiple orders at a time, so while one person is paying, they take the next person's order. "next please. next please. next please." i hate it. i think it's rude. and i refuse to place my order until they are done with the person in front of me. even though i realize that this method of operating ensures that i don't have to wait too long to be served. i still hate it.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Brandon

TRIBE Member
I like how McDonald's used to time their drive thru orders so that if you had to wait a certain amount of time, you'd get a coupon.

That disappeared pretty quick when the reality couldn't catch up with the vision of fast service, I gather.

Poot

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Temper Tantrum
It's all about the LICKS nature burger!!

WERD to the rolls-royce of fast food :D

~allie~
AMEN to the Nature Burger!!! (and to making such a ridiculous mess trying to eat it!!)

Pita Pit is up there, too with their garden pita for me... And I never, EVER feel nasty after eating one. Yaaaaay Pita Pit...

(ok, so I never contributed anything about a chicken burger... sorry :( )

Last edited:

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
it's ALL about....

the big extra
the whopper
the burrito supreme
the 1.39 bacon burger at wendy's (I used to get 4 of them!)
the FRIES supreme(so nasty goodness)

BTW I feel awful after eating all these things...that's why I love them so...

god A & W sucks fuckin' major ass, eh??

not a big licks fan...if im gonna pay THAT much for fast food I might as well sit down,agree??:confused:

I will give them thumbs up on the banana milkshake and the GUK sauce;)

ChROmE

TRIBE Member
My vote for unbreaded (Grilled) chicken sandwich goes to Lick's (Chicken Licken!)

Breaded KFC or Wendy's Spicey Chicken. I can't decide. Maybe I should eat one of each.

A surprising oen for me was the new Chicken Premier at McDonalds. It was surprisingly ....good.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Brandon

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by terrawrist III

god A & W sucks fuckin' major ass, eh??
They built a new stand-alone A&W in Kitchener recently and I decided to check it out. It was like all the worst stereotypes about poor fast food service multiplied by 10. The waiting area was way too small for the number of people in it, and in the 10 or so minutes I waited for my meal about five people approached the counter and complained that their orders were wrong.

I'll stick to the mall food court versions from now on...

Sassy

TRIBE Member
I used to really love Burger King Chicken sandwich but that was when I was 10 and didn't know any better...

not sure who the award would go to today...Lick's makes good everything!

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
Yes, the Chicken Lickin' from Licks is good. Get it with BBQ sauce! I wonder what kind of BBQ sauce they use there because it's great.

As for breaded chicken sandwich, my vote goes to Crispy Chicken from Harvey's.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
If I had to pick ONE fast food thing it would be a really hard choice between the BIG EXTRA and the chicken ceasar pita at pita pit(OH those after- party pitas!)

good contrast but....almost like a medaphoar for my life right now;)

ChROmE

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Sassy
I used to really love Burger King Chicken sandwich but that was when I was 10 and didn't know any better...

not sure who the award would go to today...Lick's makes good everything!
The BK Chicken Sandwich should win the 4:00 AM I'm drunk and goign to regret this in the morning award.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

IgStar

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Brandon
They built a new stand-alone A&W in Kitchener recently and I decided to check it out. It was like all the worst stereotypes about poor fast food service multiplied by 10. The waiting area was way too small for the number of people in it, and in the 10 or so minutes I waited for my meal about five people approached the counter and complained that their orders were wrong.

I'll stick to the mall food court versions from now on...
but we did have one here for wayyy longer than anywhere else!
it used to be on King Street. it's now an empty gas station and a Chapters. :(

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
to answer chrome's question, I really like wendy's Spicy Chicken sangwich. The fact that it's not very spicy bothers me though.. and that big chunk of lettuce that they plop in it has to go.

who else can't stand batter covered crispy fries??

FC St. Pauli

TRIBE Member
the Korean chain Ajuker Fried Chicken has opened up their first Canadian franchise west of Bloor and Christie

very very good fast food

and the kimchee really is hot

Brandon

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Indian Girl
but we did have one here for wayyy longer than anywhere else!
it used to be on King Street. it's now an empty gas station and a Chapters. :(
Sure I remember that one...didn't it end its life as a chinese take-out joint before being bulldozed for the maxi & co., Chapters, etc.?

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
I VERY surpised no one has said Harvey's yet!!

OLD fries were THE greatest fries on earth...especailly when crispy, was a manager there many moons ago and made my own little greasy concoctions for my breaks...AHH memories of the triple veggie burger....im tempted to get a night job for a few nights near the one at my house for that reason alone!:D

ChROmE

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by terrawrist III
I VERY surpised no one has said Harvey's yet!!

OLD fries were THE greatest fries on earth...especailly when crispy, was a manager there many moons ago and made my own little greasy concoctions for my breaks...AHH memories of the triple veggie burger....im tempted to get a night job for a few nights near the one at my house for that reason alone!:D
Harvey's definitely gets the Old School award. Not sure what that means bu tthat shoudl be there new marketign angle.

The Onion Rings are the only thing that matters.

IgStar

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Brandon
Sure I remember that one...didn't it end its life as a chinese take-out joint before being bulldozed for the maxi & co., Chapters, etc.?
yes. yes it did.