1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

THE EVƎNT - what is it and does anyone care ?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Klubmasta Will, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Klubmasta Will

Klubmasta Will TRIBE Member

2. KickIT

KickIT TRIBE Member

I have a feeling it will be the long drawn out story line like Lost but without the quality character development. Then it'll turn into Hero.

3. Klubmasta Will

Klubmasta Will TRIBE Member

this is NBC's response to LOST.

they screened the premiere at the san diego comic-con in july and audience response was apparently impressive.

i won't be able to watch tonight, but my HDPVR is programmed and ready.

hopefully it will be good, as there are currently no good 1 hour dramas on television, with the exception of MAN MEN.

4. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

looking forward to this.

5. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

Is that on OutTV?

;)

6. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

7. Hipsterave

Hipsterave TRIBE Promoter

in one of the commercials i saw the last line was "Im not going to tell you everything"

shrug.

8. Hipsterave

Hipsterave TRIBE Promoter

for the record i thought Persons unknown had promise. NBC messed it up by changing its timeslot skipping weeks, skipping entire episodes (#11 was online only) and they wonder why the audience didnt stick around. The story was cool but thier "all will be revealed by the end of summer" tagline was bullshit. Nothing was revealed show over. Not sure I want to invest in another NBC shenanigan

9. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

It looks like a giant made for tv disaster movie.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  10. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

is this on tonight?
    might catch it

11. Preroller

Preroller TRIBE Member

Good hot chick factor so far...

not sure WTF is going on so far though.:confused:

12. greginhali

greginhali TRIBE Member

i love when they show something and then flash back FIVE days earlier. Fun to keep track of.

13. erika

erika TRIBE Member

I watched 1 minute three times and got bored three times. So no, in answer to the title of the thread, I don't care :p
    Lone Star has potential though...

14. Preroller

Preroller TRIBE Member

hmmm, I think I'll give it a chance.

15. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

Funny you should mention but I just watched the finale and I feel exactly the same.

Started strong....totally got cock-blocked by schedule changes and ended up turning to shit.

16. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

interesting. i might watch another episode.

17. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

turned it on for 10 minutes, turned it off.

Love those fake-jerk cam movements.

18. Krzysiu

Krzysiu TRIBE Member

I'm going to preemptively Snape Kills Dumbledore this right now.

My prediction: Human scientists including some family connection to John Ritter's kid - probably from the United States - were to blame all along for whatever happens. X-files meets The Day After Tomorrow wrapped up in a Lost-esque package.

Also, it's all a dream, Bella becomes a vampire, Sookie marries Eric, Brad Pitt is imaginary, Vader is Luke's father and Bruce Willis is a ghost.

19. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

whole lot of underwhelming, far too many time switches to explain practically nothing
    i will watch the next ep but if it is more of the same that will be it

20. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

wow, if Brad Pitt and Bruce Willis are in this show, I may give it a chance

21. lobo

lobo TRIBE Member

A lot of the production looked a little cheesy. It's true that the constant back and forth in the timeline to "explain things" didn't really explain very much. I was thinking to myself at the end why or HOW an airplane headed towards you can generate so much wind ahead of itself. I thought it was a cheesy way to add a sense of peril. At least what happened afterwards made up for it. I'll check it out next week but I hope they get the storyline going a bit. Lost this is not.

Lobo

22. graham

graham Well-Known TRIBEr

don't know, and no

23. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

^^

24. Fillmore

Fillmore TRIBE Member

I think with some real actors this could of had potential. Ill check out the next episode as the ending was enticing but that may be the end of it.

25. Ninjetta

Ninjetta TRIBE Member

I think it seems like its going to be a mash up of Jericho, Invasion and some Lost'esque elements. At this point, I will give it one more ep, but usually if I'm not drawn in on the first episode, I don't hang around. I have far too many other shows I'm trying to keep up with without adding something mediocre to the mix. That being said, I don't watch anything on Mondays so it has that going for it.