1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The Eternal Video Game Thread

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Evil Dynovac, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Rajio

Rajio Well-Known TRIBEr

so what you're saying is, no extinction? booo!

2. Stan

Stan TRIBE Member

Huh? I didn't say anything about extinction. There is extinction but it's very simplified. Basically each creature has a nest, and they tend to congregate around that area. If you kill a certain number of them, you'll make them go extinct. Or if you make enough of them your friend, by singing or dancing with them, you'll make them into your ally. The more you kill or the more you ally, the more XP you get to spend on body parts to modify your creature. It's actually kinda like WoW in this part.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  3. gsnuff

gsnuff TRIBE Promoter

^^ I'm so excited to play, regardless of if certain portions of the game "dead end" I am curious to play/consider the whole game. I think I'll get it on the weekend..

4. Puma

Puma TRIBE Member

Get out of here Stalker!

I got the game tried it out it is awesome but it's buggier then the original one when it came out. The game right now is basically almost unplayable. There is a patch coming out Sept 26 hopefully it will fix a lot of the problems.

2 million copies sold so far not bad for a game which is unplayable at the moment.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  5. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Im waiting for a little while... hoping it comes out on steam... besides, colonization is out today!

6. KodiaK

KodiaK TRIBE Member

^^^ out tuesday actually

7. Stan

Stan TRIBE Member

Did anyone pick up PURE yet? It's available for 360, PS3 and Wii. I bought it yesterday and played last night until almost 3am. It's AWESOME. Like a mix between SSX, Motorstorm and Excite Bike. You're racing off-road ATVs on dirt tracks and you can do crazy jumps and insane tricks like in SSX. Also, there's up to 16 player online racing and you can customize your rides with parts you unlock in the single player. The graphics are really good too, like Motorstorm / DIRT. I've been waiting ages for a worthy current-gen successor to SSX and this looks like it's doing the job nicely so far.

Funny how so many hugely hyped games ended up being disappointments, and this game comes completely out of left-field with hardly any hype and ends up kicking so much ass.

8. Hawk Eye

Hawk Eye TRIBE Member

I want to buy Lego Indiana Jones and Lego Batman!!

9. Rajio

Rajio Well-Known TRIBEr

I checked this game out at X08 and declared is supprise hit of teh show. it was amazing and nobody had even heard about it before! the developer i talked to flew in from the UK just to talk about it. there are a LOT of tracks etc, and its a gorgeous game. It must be incredible online too. ...and it's by disney interactive! :O

I have yet to grab a copy of it though :( on a budget.

10. KodiaK

KodiaK TRIBE Member

ok the new colonization is the shit!

took me about 4 games or so to figure everything out... takes quite a while to start making guns, weapons, and an army.. but im sure i could do it quicker in the next game.

11. KodiaK

KodiaK TRIBE Member

12. I had no idea that he was one of the ringleaders to take 2 Live Crew to court for Me So Horny back in 89.

I wasn't surprised that he's now suing the Florida legal system.

13. Rajio

Rajio Well-Known TRIBEr

got pure

14. KodiaK

KodiaK TRIBE Member

well the guy has been a piece of shit for years...
    a thorn in the side of gamers for a very long time... every frivolous lawsuit against video games in the past 5+ years has been to this fucking absolute moron

15. Flashy_McFlash

Flashy_McFlash Well-Known TRIBEr

Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to approach the bench at a picnic table.

Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he can't even file briefs in his underwear drawer.

Jack Thompson is so disbarred he can't even practice the law of gravity.

Jack Thompson is so disbarred, sharks can eat him without violating the tenets of professional courtesy.

Jack Thompson is so disbarred he isn't even allowed to read Shakespeare.

Jack Thompson is so disbarred he can't even play basketball because it's on a court.

16. Yeah I remember when he first started getting involved in the video game arena, but I had no clue that his douchebaggery was tolerated for so long.

17. Colm

Colm TRIBE Member

18. Rajio

Rajio Well-Known TRIBEr

19. Colm

Colm TRIBE Member

20. Flashy_McFlash

I would assume it replicates the entire black college football experience, including being asked racially-biased questions on a history exam but being passed even if you get them wrong in order to maintain a scholarship.

21. Can I play as only the marching band?

22. Flashy_McFlash

That one majorette looks like he's trying out for the role of Darth Maul.

23. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

Deciding between the PSP and Nintendo Option.

I prefer sports games, and puzzle games (and of course the typical mario/crash bandicoot action adventure type)

I don't think I'll be using it to watch movies, and this is for long flights mostly so games games games.

Tell me tribe, which do you prefer?

24. Flashy_McFlash

I don't have one, but for sports PSP is your only real option. There's nothing decent for the DS. There's good puzzle games for both.

25. Rajio

Rajio Well-Known TRIBEr

actually yes you can. there is a rythm based halftime minigame. it's compatible with rockband drums.

im not joking. this is all real. i promise.