1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The eternal MMA thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by silver1, Sep 14, 2004.

1. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

So Joe Rogan is stepping into the ring after he was called out by an unnamed fighter who called him a puss puss.

He has an insane side kick, when GSP saw it he asked Rogan to teach him the move.
    If it's someone in his weight class, I think he'll destroy them.

2. StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin TRIBE Member

I'm not sure how legit this story is, it's not reported on most of the main sites yet...

has Rogan or Dana confirmed?

3. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

apparently it may be a fake.

4. videotronic

videotronic TRIBE Member

Chael Sonnen fails random drug test, pulled from Vitor Belfort fight at UFC 175 - MMA Fighting

5. videotronic

videotronic TRIBE Member

ps-holy fuck if you think some of the idiots on this board are retarded you should read the comment section on that ^^ story.

6. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

Dude Wipes. Discuss....

7. Sleepy Giant

Sleepy Giant TRIBE Member

So what's next for Rory?

Wait for a rematch with Condit once his knee heals?

Everyone else seems to have fights lined up this summer.

8. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

that was the worst card I've watch so far, even the Rory match was meh

9. Baters

Baters TRIBE Member

Does the UFC release PPV numbers and does anyone know how they compare to say 2-3 years ago?

There was a point of time where I did not miss a PPV, either watching friends at someone's place or us going out to watch. Now, I haven't been bothered to watch the last 6-7 and get them for free on TV ... I'm not saying I'm a bellweather but curious with how much they've had to dilute cards to carry all the Fox events what it's done to their PPV numbers, especially w. GSP, AS, et all all out and not carrying?

10. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

early rumors is that the last card did under 100,000 buys, which is just horrible. Baters, I think your scenario is very common, with myself included.

11. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

I agree with Baters as well.

The same thing happened with the WWF back when I was a kid, they started doing all these TV shows and the product became very watered down

12. LikeASweet

LikeASweet TRIBE Member

13. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

Does anyone know if they found little nog's head? Pretty sure someone in the fourth row got a souvenir

14. Rage

Rage TRIBE Member

15. Musical Rush

Musical Rush TRIBE Member

Anthony Johnson is going to be the new Jon Jones ( only with more power) Just stay away from those front kicks to the knees that jons likes to throw out there, and he'll have Jones laying on his back looking at the little birdies flying around his arrogant head.

16. StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin TRIBE Member

interesting match up for sure, I'm not counting out Jones too much talent but hard to see him avoiding those sledgehammers for 5 rounds

17. Rage

Rage TRIBE Member

LOL @ Anderson Silva

18. Bernnie Federko

Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

Dope man, dope man

So does Diaz get the decision?

19. Rage

Rage TRIBE Member

I'd have to think it'd go to a NC for them both?

Anybody believe that GSP was/is 100% clean (I do, still)?

20. Sleepy Giant

Sleepy Giant TRIBE Member

It really sucks watching the UFC crash and burn they way they are.

21. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

Diaz tested positive for weed.
    they should both return their prize money.

22. Musical Rush

Musical Rush TRIBE Member

Dana already rips offs his fighters, they can keep the pocket change, compared to what Dana makes from each event.

23. Illogistix

Illogistix TRIBE Member

Coming back from BPM I sat next to a girl on the plane from MTL who works in marketing for Headrush and said she was super close with GSP. We spoke about the UFC a lot (I told her I covered a few GSP fights back in my writing days) and I asked her about the juicing question. I know people who have sworn up and down that GSP was a huge juicer -- like pretty much everyone else in the UFC -- but just was an expert at beating the screens. I never bought it. I always thought he was just one of those insanely fit and hard-working guys who had a body like a machine. For what it is worth, she agreed and said anyone who knew him knew he was very against PHDs. Said she thought he would have never taken them, it went against everything he stood for. She also told me he retired because he got some girl pregnant and had a kid, which was a rumour back in the day on why he was retiring, which he always denied.

Anyway - fun flight, minus the sleep deprivation and nasty stomach bug I picked up in Playa. You know how you are alone on a plane and you always wonder, why can't a really hot, interesting girl sit beside me for once instead of an old, fat guy that's going to hog the middle arm-rest? I think this is the only time it's happened in my life, and it was awesome.

24. Rage

Rage TRIBE Member

That's some solid intel - strong work!

25. Bernnie Federko

Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member