• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The eternal MMA thread

Rage

TRIBE Member
I just missed Dana's free tix give (#huntforufc) away at the Eaton Centre by minutes but don't worry, all the guys who got those free tickets, are doing everything they can to sell them, scalping them right there, right where Dana was giving them away from.

Glad I got mine already but for those of you who still want to go, try stubhub around 5pm tmrw or go down to the ACC around 8ish.

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Go down to ACC around 8:00-8:30ish, by the time, scalpers are jonesing to get rid of their tickets.
I get floor seats for concerts at reasonable price like that all the time. :)

Just finished watching the weigh-in... I am fucking pumped!

Rage

TRIBE Member
Hooked up with MMAJunkie writer John last night at the Black Bull...he was hanging with two UFC video tech guys.

3 hrs & 12 pints later, I walked out with 6 tickets in the 100's, 8 rows up!

Now, I can hook up all my buddies :)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
Hominick sucks. He tried to be a smart ass and pop Sung right after they touched gloves. Kinda gutless if you ask me. As much as I want the Canucks to win, that wasn't very Canadian.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
Patrick v. Ebersole was interesting, I don't mind watching good grappling as long as there are some submission attempts. Glad to see Tito get his butt whooped.

--[Zirca]--

TRIBE Promoter
i suspect with Mir's impressive win that he will fight Cain next to determine who gets a title shot after brock/overeem winner takes on Dos Santos.

Bad night for our locals, but a devent card overall.

Did the ACC actually sell out? I know they kept claiming it but I know tickets were still available online. I suspect they will be reconsidering their ticket prices. I think it was cheaper to fly to Vegas and get tickets for a UFC then just attend at the ACC.

torontobarfly

TRIBE Member
--[Zirca]--;4503223 said:
Did the ACC actually sell out? I know they kept claiming it but I know tickets were still available online..
Not even close. The place holds over 19,000 for hockey and that's without anyone on the ice/floor surface. Last nights UFC Attendance was 18,303 so that's a lot of unsold tickets.

rounder

TRIBE Member
the last vancouver show wasn't close to selling out either...i'm glad this is happening...tom wright already admitted they have to take a serious look at their ticket pricing...there's turning a profit and then there's gouging...

the rogers centre show was a spectacle within itself because the province got their first mma show and everyone was excited to be a part of it...plus it didn't hurt that gsp was the main draw...but a decent card with the best fighter currently going and you can't fill the place in the supposed "mecca" of the mma?? not good