• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The eternal MMA thread

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
I have no problem with the UD going to Hendo but I though the fight was a draw....

if it went anyway other way than a draw I thought it would be Hendo all the way with the judges not giving 10-8 to Rua for the 5th round domination

dj_soo

TRIBE Member
Had it as a draw too but that's definitely one of those fights where the loser gains just as much as the winner - just hope shogun comes out I that fight injury-free. Doubt he can take another knee surgeryzz

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
Dan Henderson – Suspended 60 days with no contact for 60 days due to a hard bout. He was also suspended 180 days with no contact for 180 days unless he receives clearance from a physician for a possible right thumb fracture. An MRI/CT scan is needed to be cleared.

Mauricio “Shogun” Rua – Suspended for 45 days with no contact for 30 days due to a hard bout; suspended 60 days with no contact for 60 days for an eyebrow laceration; and suspended 180 days with no contact for 180 days unless cleared by a physician for possible facial and skull fracture.

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
I remember when I asked Herb Dean the question as to what judges take into consideration on their score boards (it was a question/answer session back in 2010 in Vegas that I attended), he said that the judges also count damage as well, on top of octagon control, takedowns, etc... so yeah, Shogun look much crappier than Hendo, so that kind of makes sense.

I am not entirely sure, I actually thought that Shogun stole it, since he was dominant and finishing on top of Hendo at the end of the fight... so much ambiguity with judging...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Rage

TRIBE Member
I remember when I asked Herb Dean the question as to what judges take into consideration on their score boards (it was a question/answer session back in 2010 in Vegas that I attended), he said that the judges also count damage as well, on top of octagon control, takedowns, etc... so yeah, Shogun look much crappier than Hendo, so that kind of makes sense....
See, I think this is the problem...judging is VERY subjective with the loose rules that are in place.

If you give more weight to damage than take-down/control...we're not even having this conversation as Hendo put on much more of a beating than Shogun did on him.

Yes, Shogun dominated Hendo in that 5th...had him mounted 5 times (3 of which Hendo got out of) and didn't really inflict as much damage as Hendo did on him even while being in the mount.

IMO...if this fight would have been scored a draw, we would be bitching about that.

I'm totally fine with the win for Hendo, I had it 48-47 and I don't want to see a rematch, it's done...move on and start clearing space in the LHW division.

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
why not see that again?? if it comes to it and they are 2 and 3 i'll watch another 5 round war....

fine with Hendo win too but I thought it was a draw as soon as the fight was over and still do

defazman

TRIBE Member
I don't want to see an immediate rematch - too many other good fights for a 41 year old Hendo. Now if it happened again a few matches down the road.....

And Shogun won under Pride rules. That's good enough for me.

Rage

TRIBE Member
why not see that again?? if it comes to it and they are 2 and 3 i'll watch another 5 round war....
I doubt that a 2nd fight between these two would come close to how amazing the first one was.

With the exception of Hughes/Trigg & Liddell/Couture...I can't think of any rematch that lived up to or exceed the first one.

I would think, if they fought again, it would be akin to the rematch between Griffin/Bonner.

Fights like that (Hendo/Shogun) don't happen very often which is why we're all going NUTS over it.

dj_soo

TRIBE Member
I doubt that a 2nd fight between these two would come close to how amazing the first one was.

With the exception of Hughes/Trigg & Liddell/Couture...I can't think of any rematch that lived up to or exceed the first one.

I would think, if they fought again, it would be akin to the rematch between Griffin/Bonner.

Fights like that (Hendo/Shogun) don't happen very often which is why we're all going NUTS over it.
Silva/rampage 2 was better than the first and the first was really good.

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Damn!!!! Again?
Poor guy... some big deamons he is fighting - wishing him all the best.

Excited for the TUF Finale this weekend!!! :)

dj_soo

TRIBE Member
--[Zirca]--;4500975 said:
Thanks for posting. Crazy fight indeed. One of the best I've seen this year.

What fight is that animated gif you posted? looks like quite the move there.
That's Zaromski vs Carvalho at some Swedish show last week.

Zaromski is Dream ww champ and Carvalho Is a Brazilian prospect who was riding an 8 fight win streak.