• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The eternal MMA thread

silver1

TRIBE Member
beating leben sure earned Andersen Silva a title shot tho.
Apples and oranges comparison.

Silva was coming from elsewhere with an impressive/dominant record and for all intents and purposes globally should have been considered the #1 MW contender.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

joey

TRIBE Member
I cant understand why tonight is 1 hour...

dana announced guida/henderson is for #1 contender spot and its not even on the main card..

rounder

TRIBE Member
I cant understand why tonight is 1 hour...

dana announced guida/henderson is for #1 contender spot and its not even on the main card..
prime time on a saturday night...this is a feeling out process for fox, only wanted to give one hour...after all the bullshit hype before the fight and then if it goes the distance and analysis after, you have your hour...unless it ends 5 seconds into the first...then there will be some serious filling :D

--[Zirca]--

TRIBE Promoter
Well....that was short. And, fox really cheesed the whole broadcast up (to no surprise). Dana looked pissed, getting the cold shoulder to Brock left, right and center.

Anyone know where I can find the pre-lim fights? Really want to see the Quida/Henderson fight.

TILT_Lance

TRIBE Member
--[Zirca]--;4495251 said:
Well....that was short. And, fox really cheesed the whole broadcast up (to no surprise). Dana looked pissed, getting the cold shoulder to Brock left, right and center.

Anyone know where I can find the pre-lim fights? Really want to see the Quida/Henderson fight.

I think its replaying on sportsnet.....the original broadcast on sportsnet had the Henderson Guida fight on first

tripleup

TRIBE Member
I hate watching Clay Guida fight.

Everyone is always on his cock about how active he is. Too bad he never fights, just jumps around a bunch.

dj_soo

TRIBE Member
Word is that both had pretty serious knee injuries and likely both would have pulled out if it wasn't the fox debut.

They fucked up huge by not putting on guida/bendo on - 1:04 flash ko after an hour of talk and buildip isn't going to win new fans but a 3 round war where both guys were constantly active (and both have crazy hair) could have been this era's bonnar/griffin

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kuba

TRIBE Member
knee-jerk reaction

with all honesty I have tried it in the past and can't seem to get into it

that being said I'm sure there are plenty of amazing plotlines and fantastic brawls, I just don't have the interest

BUT - for those who wanted to get into it - FOX surely must be pissed after that quick KO

tripleup

TRIBE Member
Word is that both had pretty serious knee injuries and likely both would have pulled out if it wasn't the fox debut.

They fucked up huge by not putting on guida/bendo on - 1:04 flash ko after an hour of talk and buildip isn't going to win new fans but a 3 round war where both guys were constantly active (and both have crazy hair) could have been this era's bonnar/griffin
Hardly.

The crowd rightfully booed at times as Guida barely threw any strikes, and 3 minutes of the first round was spent clinching on the cage grinding, as well as parts of the other 2 rounds.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/11/13/2559196/ufc-on-fox-guida-vs-henderson-fightmetric-report

Last edited:

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
I should have clarified, a bigger douche than is normally expected.

That was such an over the top dick move, to the point I even felt bad for Lansberg. That is really saying something, since Lansberg is quite a formidable douche is his own right.

Here's hoping that Silva knocks him out and the ref lets a couple extra shots go for good measure.

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
What kind of boggles my mind re: Silva/Sonnen I is that Sonnen showed everyone what kind of game plan to use against Anderson. You don't just wait around and let him figure out your timing, you get right in his face, and as soon as he makes some space you get right back in it.

The most mind-boggling was the Yushin Okami fight since Okami had reportedly been training with Sonnen. Instead of just charging in and getting in Anderson's face, he stood back, let Silva figure him out for 5 minutes and then got KO'd.

Rage

TRIBE Member
I've been away for a bit...had to run down to Turks & Caicos for a few weeks to get MARRIED ;) but HOLY SHIT...what a fucking fight to come home to...OMG!!!

I can honestly agree 100% with Dana that this is, if not the best fight ever in MMA, in the top three...I mean WOW.

Hendo/Shogun was better than Griffin/Bonner simply because it went 5rds, end of discussion, but it's just the significance of the Griffin/Bonner fight that may put it slightly above. If you want, you can contrast that to two of the greatest MMA fighters of all time giving the performances of a lifetime and weigh that against the impact of Griffin/Bonner but WHATEVER to my babbling.

I haven't said it here at all but to my buds I have been saying for a while that Hendo is the greatest fighter ever. If he grabs another belt in the UFC (185/205) there will be no question of this.

The whole card was just spectacular!! Imo, this is card of the year! More later

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders