• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The eternal MMA thread

voytek

TRIBE Member
ok, now you done made daddy come out to tell you fucking kids to chill the fuck out. neutral corners now bitches, n keep it clean when you come out!

war carwin btw...

joey

TRIBE Member
Carwin
Leben
Lytle
Bonnar
Sotiropoulos
Schaub
Petruzelli
Grove
Harris
Roberts
Vemola

Lesner v Carwin is going to be a quick fight and someone is getting ktfo!
I hate when the headliner is huge like this then the rest of the card is weaksauce

DeepSix

TRIBE Promoter
I dunno, I'm liking the following match-ups:

Grove vs. Reljic
Sotiropoulos vs. Pellegrino (could easily be FotN, if you're a ground war fan - should definitely have SotN)
Lytle vs. Brown
Soszynski vs. Bonnar

I also want to see Schaub just demolish Tuchscherer. I don't know why, but I don't like that dude at all!

It'll be interesting to see Seth back in the UFC now that Kimbo's been cut. I wonder if they'll bring Kimbo back to have a rematch vs. Petruzelli after both regain some limelight.

Leben's fighting pretty soon after his last match. I wonder if that'll factor into the fight against Akiyama. He's gotta keep it standing against Akiyama or it'll be hard going.

Yeah, there are a lot of unknowns / lesser knowns on the card. To me, that's somewhat better than known wash-outs, however. Also, I'm usually most impressed by fights where there is little-to-no hype. Very few fights live up to the hype.

-Mercury-

TRIBE Member
ok, now you done made daddy come out to tell you fucking kids to chill the fuck out. neutral corners now bitches, n keep it clean when you come out!

war carwin btw...
Word!

also, i'm excited to see Reljic back in action.
he looked very, very good before his accident.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

-Mercury-

TRIBE Member
that's my point... i'm hoping that was mostly due to ring rust.

it was a pretty serious back injury that kept him out for a long time, if i remember correctly...

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
Sotiropoulos vs. Pellegrino (could easily be FotN, if you're a ground war fan - should definitely have SotN)
Really stoked for this one too. I've been a big fan of 'Batman' for a long time now (probably since I saw his hilarious dancing several fights ago, the dude is pure jokes), but Sotiropoulos has looked strong lately too. Hoping for some sweet ground action between these two.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
I agree! Poor Shane, so close man. Looking forward to the rematch after Brock destroys Cain Velasquez.

Gotta say, not normally a fan of Leben but that was a great fight with Akiyama.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
glad to hear Brock wasn't nearly the douche he was last time, post fight.
wasn't that Leben's 2nd fight in 2 weeks ?

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

KiX

TRIBE Member
Leben wasn't supposed to be on the card but he replaced Wanderlei Silva last minute. anyway, sorry for the rest of you but i for one think it's hilarious and f'n awesome Lesnar won and got submission of the night out of it. lol. love him.

Soszynski vs. Bonnar had shades of Bonnar vs. Griffin for sure. unbelievable. Sotiropolous vs. Batman - very exciting, more stand up than i would have hoped for but impressive none the less. I'm big fans of both but am especially excited Sotiropolous has really been proving he can hold his own. jiu jitsu ftw. great card! 10/10

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
that was probably the best night of UFC fights since 100.

brock is a beast. The questions have been answered, props to the ref for not stopping the fight. I thought he was going to do it too... looked real close to stopping the fight.

brocks escape from the ground to standing at the end of round 1 was badass, and then the 2nd round... carwin was so damn gassed he couldnt do shit to defend that arm triangle especially since brock had that locked in from half guard. Impressive!

imagine brock slapping on an anaconda and rolling your ass around like a bitch? scary.

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
i think leben has to go through a couple guys first... mardquart and maia.
then he could get a shot at anderson again.

i liked leben's idea of calling out wanderli too. Shit, make it happen!

defazman

TRIBE Member
that would be a good fight for leben, plus with silva's busted ribs, leben could get more than 2 weeks off before his next fight.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

dj_soo

TRIBE Member
lesnar impressed me with his heart, but shit - his standup was absolutely terrible. i loved his "run away and then drop into fetal position" defense he showed there...

that was totally carwin's fight to lose and man did he do it spectacularly...

tripleup

TRIBE Member
After such a spectacular 1st round, that 2nd was as sad and anticlimactic as Patrick Kane's cup winner.

Carwin basically fell to the ground and laid there..an infant could have finished him.

The only impressive thing Lesnar did was survive the 1st round.

Dr. Grinch

TRIBE Member
After such a spectacular 1st round, that 2nd was as sad and anticlimactic as Patrick Kane's cup winner.

Carwin basically fell to the ground and laid there..an infant could have finished him.

The only impressive thing Lesnar did was survive the 1st round.
For reals.
He said in an interview post fight that his body seized up, whatever that means.
At no point before he got taken down in the second did he do a damn thing to keep the pressure on Lesnar.
As much as I don't really respect Lesnar's abilities beyond wrestling, you can't injure an animal that size and then expect it not to come at you. The first round was like poking a bear with a stick. You better sure as fuck have something to finish it with in the second round.
Sadly now, Lesnar will wade through a swamp of meaningless heavyweights who can't threaten him and rack up a big record.
Props to him for surviving a relatively serious test in Carwin.

voytek

TRIBE Member
nah, adrenaline dump more likely - in a body that big it could cause the nervous system to nearly shut down. dana said in the post press conference they sent carwin to a hospital as he was hyperventilating - sign of extreme fatigue...

to avoid punching yourself out, you have to step back every few shots, depending on your cardio, and let your batteries recharge - like in a video game - you go down to 60-70% and you'll be able to go back up to 80-90% momentarily, but you go down to 30-40, and you ain't ever climbing back to anywhere near 80-90%. in order to get your second wind, which for me, comes after about 6-10 min depending on the type of fight, you can never let yourself go down to below 50%, more or less...

how do you know how much you got left? well, you really don't; it's a matter of experience wherein you almost subconsciously learn to monitor your body's responses, but even with tonnes of experience it's not fool-proof and you an find yourself in deep shit without seeing it coming.

lactic acid takes a few hours, btw.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

voytek

TRIBE Member
oh yeah, and i'm not making excuses for carwin - i was yelling at the screen for him to take the back or one of the flailing arms, cause i knew that if he didn't put lesnar away already, he wasn't gonna, with that weak-ass g'n'p. maybe he can do it in a rematch... you can't be going in the cage without plan B, and a good plan B would have been a submission.

still love carwin though. he's a cool dude.

Dr. Grinch

TRIBE Member
lactic acid buildup maybe?
Heard an interview with him a few days after the fight, and it was lactic acid.
If you don't breathe enough while under extreme physical stress you will flood your muscles with lactic acids. It doesn't take hours if your output is high enough, hence why Speed Skaters experience it during even short circuit races.
So yeah, lack of breathing control cost him the fight pretty much.
His conditioning didn't look suspect, he just got so excited about the whole thing he forgot how to regulate his breathing....

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders