1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The eternal MMA thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by silver1, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Rage

Rage TRIBE Member

I hope Diego kills him, I hate Penn..

Anybody know the details of Hedno's contract? What the UFC him vs the offer that Strikeforce gave him?

Just curious.

Can't seem to find any info on the internet.

2. Chris

Chris Well-Known TRIBEr

Excellent points, and I agree.

I dont know, I used to be a fan of Penn. Crazy raw talent, flexibility, etc. But you would think he would be a little more humble?

That being said, I would love to see the "Dirty Sanchez" knock him out.

3. KodiaK

KodiaK TRIBE Member

4. Michael Drury

Michael Drury TRIBE Member

You guys/gals gotta watch the countdown show!

Best part ever - Penn says "I like Diego but, he is a little strange......."

-CUT TO-

Diego in a yard says, "this is something I like to do, its called the 'yes cartwheel'"

PURE COMEDY!!!! :D

5. Subsonic Chronic

Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

Yes cartwheel!

6. Flashy_McFlash

Flashy_McFlash Well-Known TRIBEr

Between the cartwheel and Fedor's menagerie of amazing sweaters, I'm starting to think that the entire MMA world is taking the piss out of its fans. Do they all have a Google Wave going with like Brandon Vera all 'okay Diego the cartwheel is pretty good but wait until I bust into showtunes halfway through the second round of my next fight - they're gonna wet themsleves'.

7. AshG

AshG Member

biggest douche in the fighting world for sure.

8. KiX

KiX TRIBE Member

no way guy. Matt Hughes is still easily the reigning douchebag champion, no contest.

i think that as long as Penn still has his cardio sorted out, he should win against Sanchez, but i wouldn't put money on it. i'm hoping for a double knockout.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  9. Littlest Hobo

Littlest Hobo TRIBE Member

UFC should have a TUF: The Douchebags series, starring:

War Machine
    Junie Browning
    Karo Parysian
    Matt Hughes
    BJ Penn
    Yves Gilbert
    Frank Mir
    Miguel Torres's mullet
    Chris "Krazy Horse" Bennett
    Kim Couture

10. Chris

Chris Well-Known TRIBEr

11. StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin TRIBE Member

speaking of king of douchbaggio he will be fighting Renzo in his next fight in Abu Dahbi

Lashley signed with Strikeforce will debut in Jan

12. KickIT

KickIT TRIBE Member

Saw this last night... man Diego is so out in left field.

13. tripleup

tripleup TRIBE Member

14. KickIT

KickIT TRIBE Member

15. tripleup

tripleup TRIBE Member

Some good ESPN Radio inteviews with Scott Coker

On Henderson

On Kimbo & Herschel Walker

16. tripleup

tripleup TRIBE Member

17. AshG

AshG Member

ha!
    i wondered what was gonna happen with that match.

jeebus, look at him wind up on those kicks!

18. tripleup

tripleup TRIBE Member

I'm just trying to figure out why the fuck he's wearing shoes.

19. Subsonic Chronic

wow, dude got mauled. I have to assume that this fight took place in one of the countries that doesn't test for steroids? ;)

Also, Frank Mir is FAT! Didn't he used to weight closer to 230-240? For this fight he snuck in just a half pound under the 265lb weight limit. Wonder how that's gonna affect his cardio... although I guess all he needs to do is secure a takedown and the fight's basically done.

[​IMG]

20. tripleup

tripleup TRIBE Member

He's not fat.

He purposely put on 20-30lbs of muscle, hired new strength trainers, etc in order to not get mauled by the bigger heavyweights.

21. -Mercury-

-Mercury- TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

Mir sure is bigger... but i wouldn't say he's fat.

22. DeepSix

DeepSix TRIBE Promoter

He looks much less pudgy than he does prior to many of his other fights. I've never used the words "cut" "shredded" or "ripped" to define Mir, but this is the closest he's come to it in a very long time!

If he seriously wants to content with behemoths like Lesnar, he's going to need mass and there's no way he can get down below 205. He's got the frame to carry the extra weight, so as long as he's developing the strength in the right areas and not just building up the "show" muscles, it's all good.

23. Bacchus

Bacchus TRIBE Promoter

he's definitely bigger and leaner then he's ever been.

looks great.

24. Subsonic Chronic

Ok, maybe he doesn't look as fat in that last weigh-in photo. ;)

I also like making fun of Mir because he's such a douche. I'm pretty sure he'll submit Kongo, but I'd be real happy to see Mir get KO'd.

25. Bacchus

Bacchus TRIBE Promoter

as a longtime World's Strongest Man, I'm sure he knows how manage and train himself so that he's clean for competition.

speaking of big dudes though....anybody know exactly what's wrong with Brock and what kinda surgery he needs? I heard something lats month about bacerial intestinal infection of sorts, but not sure why that would result in surgery..unless there was some kinda flesh eating bacteria or something