• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The eternal MMA thread

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
I've never seen so many squash matches on a single card before, it's like an old episode of Maple Leaf Wrestling.

Todd Moore gets to play Barry Horowitz against Shinya Aoki.

DeepSix

TRIBE Promoter
Subsonic Chronic said:
I've never seen so many squash matches on a single card before, it's like an old episode of Maple Leaf Wrestling.

Todd Moore gets to play Barry Horowitz against Shinya Aoki.
LOL, you're right. But it's still more competitive than the Affliction card. (Only slightly)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

defazman

TRIBE Member
Subsonic Chronic said:
Especially when someone is fighting a guy named Funaki.

DeepSix

TRIBE Promoter
LOL Funaki was a prowrestler prior to founding Pancrase.

Ishida's armbar was slick. Watch the Jacare vs. Galesic fight as well to see more elite level ground skills.

p.s. Jimmy Ambriz has no neck.

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
For those of you in Toronto who want to meet Matt Serra (or alternately, boo him): (from wrestling observer)

--Matt Serra appears on Friday at the Hotel Boutique Lounge in Downtown Toronto. You have to be 19 to get in. for more info call 647-268-CLUB

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
^^^^^^^^

He's also appearing at the Paradice Warriors workshop at Kombat Arts in Mississauga with Antonio Nogueira and Bas "kick to the groin" Rutten among others. cosmiK Jen is the RMT there!

defazman

TRIBE Member
yep, looks like a Canadian version of that Van Damme/ Bill Goldberg movie.
But hey, he probably got paid more than he does for fighting, and I'll bet gets to make out with Tiffany Amber whatever, so good for Rich.

Muad'ib

Well-Known TRIBEr
jason macdonald signed for another four fights, he thinks they are going to give him bisping next which would be a great match.

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
WAR TUF KILLER!!!

really looking forward to Edgar vs. Wyman this could be an epic battle!!!!

Edgar just gets better and better, I'm really interested to see if he can put Wyman away early

defazman

TRIBE Member
I'm really pumped for Sherk v Griffin. Both those guys are crazy tough wrestlers with good hands. And even though they both have the same strengths, I doubt they'll just circle around the whole match "respecting the others ability"

MrMarcus

TRIBE Member
DeepSix said:
depends on the quality you're looking for.

MMA specific, I find MMA Scraps is quick and www.kimjudas.blogspot.com is good for those foreign events. But both are netvideo quality (read: low).
Is it just me or do the videos on the kimjudas blog seem to freeze at around the 12 minute mark or so? I tried watching 3 different fights at different times and the same thing happens. wtf?:confused: