• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The Egg Nog Appreciation Thread

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
Nut Nog (Egg-less eggnog)

1/2 Cup soaked cashews
2 Cups of almond milk
1 tsp vanilla bean seeds
2 large frozen banana
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp all spice
dash of salt

*If you are using a high power blender (such as a VitaMix) , just use the whole vanilla bean.

Throw ingredients into blender and blend on high.

Tried this the other day - soooo good!

Jay

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
last night I thought I was a genius when I mixed half a glass of nog with half a glass of chocolate milk. it wasnt bad, in fact was a tasty change on a classic seasonal beverage.
I thought I was a revolutionary when I did this but then came in here to find out PC has apparently come out with a premixed version of this.

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
[- FuNKtiOn -];4410764 said:
last night I thought I was a genius when I mixed half a glass of nog with half a glass of chocolate milk. it wasnt bad, in fact was a tasty change on a classic seasonal beverage.
I thought I was a revolutionary when I did this but then came in here to find out PC has apparently come out with a premixed version of this.

I've already commented on that disaster.

Psyrel

TRIBE Member
^^ Wow, sounds drool-worthy!

I'm finally having some nog. Heavy on the rum of course! Sealtest brand cause that's all the nearby Rabba had.

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
Not sure if they have the "Avalon" brand in Ontario (I am thinking Whole Foods), but their Organic (and Conventional) have the best tasting egg nog IMO. So think and egg noggy. :)

Jay

Ho||yw0oD

TRIBE Member
I must admit something... I've never tried egg nog. :(

It seems gross to me, and yet I love eggs, autumn/winter spices (nutmeg, cinnamon) and I loveeeeeee rum.

There is just something keeping me back from trying it. Is it an acquired taste or easy to enjoy?

erika

TRIBE Member
I must admit something... I've never tried egg nog. :(

It seems gross to me, and yet I love eggs, autumn/winter spices (nutmeg, cinnamon) and I loveeeeeee rum.

There is just something keeping me back from trying it. Is it an acquired taste or easy to enjoy?

Try making it yourself; so much better than the commercial crap.

jocelyn dee

TRIBE Promoter
Double tall egg nogg latte... yum

It's weird - I like egg nog, but really don't lke the egg nog latte...

I love the pumpkin spice latte though...

Although I don't eat eggs, so I actually make an egg-free version. This is the recipe I used last year and it was pretty tasty:

~300 mL. unsweetened original almond milk
200 mL. unsweetened lite organic coconut milk (or regular for non-low fat version)
~1/4 t. cinnamon
nutmeg
1 t. organic (gluten free) vanilla (not imitation vanilla or other vanilla with corn syrup)
1 heaping T. organic unsulfured blackstrap molasses (~1 T. +1 t.)
2 packets Stevia
1 cinnamon stick, broken in half for garish

Combine all ingredients except the cinnamon sticks in a shaker cup or blender. Mix briefly and serve cold with cinnamon stick garnish. As I mentioned before, this would be great in espresso or even just warm alone. This is nonalcoholic, add spirits or rum to your liking.

Last edited:

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
Jocelyn , did you see me egg-less recipe a few posts up? I am going to make yours and see how it tastes .

Thanks!

Jay

WestsideWax

TRIBE Promoter
This stuff?

Harmony-Organic-Eggnog1.jpg

Unless you're making it yourself, it's the only way to go.