• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The Egg Nog Appreciation Thread

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

praktik

TRIBE Member
YEs!

Saw it for the first time, and that was even in the Parkdale LCBO which I'm sure is not the most diverse when it comes to stock...

RumRogerz

TRIBE Member
El Dorado is awesome rum indeed. I also like throwing in Morgan's Spiced in eggnog from time to time. Gives it a nice kick.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

nikki.classics

TRIBE Member
anyone know where i can find some soy nog? last season i got some by the "vitasoy" brand and i think it was called "holly nog" but this year i can't find it :( damn you loblows and iga!
if you can tell me where i can find it you will be rewarded handsomely*

*handsomely=you will receive my eternal gratitude, and possibly some nog.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Fuck the Cap't Morgans spiced rum...can't stand that shit...as an "all of the time" rum drinker! Doesn't take alot to add your own spice!

I had a taste of that about 2 weeks ago for the first time.

I was astounded at how bad it was, it almost tasted like Disaranno...

blech...

high-end rum or bust!

[SQUARE]

TRIBE Member
I admit I do kinda like the taste of eggnog but at the same time it kinda weirds me out to be drinking eggs. I'm not big on milk in the first place as the idea of drinking from a cow's udder is strange so add something from a chicken's butt and you have a messy idea for a drink.

I'll probably just stick with the xmas chocolates to be festive.

praktik

TRIBE Member
well ya, except if I wanted that I'd drink that. If I'm buying a rum drink I want it to taste like rum!

sk8

TRIBE Member
anyone know where i can find some soy nog? last season i got some by the "vitasoy" brand and i think it was called "holly nog" but this year i can't find it :( damn you loblows and iga!
if you can tell me where i can find it you will be rewarded handsomely*

*handsomely=you will receive my eternal gratitude, and possibly some nog.

I've usually found it at most major grocery stores previously, but I haven't really been looking for it this year. I know for sure I've found it at the Jane-Dundas Loblaws before as well as the Supercentre at Weston/401

WestsideWax

TRIBE Promoter
If yer gonna do eet, do eet right.

eggnog_bottle_1l.jpg

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
disaronno on the rocks, disaronno with lemon...yep that's about it.

Great now i've got those commercials in my head.. disarooonnoo.. ;)

Got 2 litres sitting in my fridge from a Christmas bash. I am not a fan. Maybe I can pawn them off at somebody else's party.

nikki.classics

TRIBE Member
Great now i've got those commercials in my head.. disarooonnoo.. ;)

Got 2 litres sitting in my fridge from a Christmas bash. I am not a fan. Maybe I can pawn them off at somebody else's party.

haha yes! was totally referencing the commercial. more like disaroNO.
you can use the stuff for cooking, but i feel like you would have to cook A LOT to use up 2 litres' worth. or give it to me ;)

fuck, i can't find the so goood holiday nog either. why do the grocery stores near me suck so much.

craig anderson

TRIBE Member
I miss the old Becker's nog that was in a goldeny kind of carton!!! Was the best!

Bought some Neilson's the other day...only one they have around the corner.

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
I've usually found it at most major grocery stores previously, but I haven't really been looking for it this year. I know for sure I've found it at the Jane-Dundas Loblaws before as well as the Supercentre at Weston/401

Wholefoods has Soy Nog.

Jay