• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The Dean Blundell Show Cancelled

rod_g

TRIBE Member
I find alot of people I know like to shit on the show, but they listen to it almost every day. I love it and subscribe to the podcast. Sometimes I wish I had a longer commute so I could hear the whole thing instead of the highlights

Adrian + Megan Fox 4ever

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
I was a CFNY fan since high school and for some reason, stuck with it despite all the changes in staff and musical direction. I used to like Humble and Fred and there was a time when the sexism, homophobia and general crudeness of Dean, Jason and Todd would never have fit in on that station. Every morning I couldn't believe I was still subjecting myself to it. Finally at the beginning of this year I turned it off all together. My mornings are much more pleasant now.

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
I won a car from those guys. So of course I think they're great. Um. Their off air personalities are quite different.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

MoFo

TRIBE Member

Benjy can be irritating sometimes.
Rob, what is the screeching? Where is Benjy doing that? I forgit.

I love Ross Matthews. So gay but I still love him.

kirstenmeows

TRIBE Member
I can't stand Howard Stern to begin with, and Blundell is a Stern wannabe. In the morning, I am grumpy as f*ck and don't want to hear useless prattle. Tell me the news headlines, what the weather is supposed to do and play music. Not shit music either. I can go back to the beginnings of CFNY, where indie was king as was anything different (I still have a 'spirit of radio' beachball kicking around somewhere). The morning show (Pete and Geets) was a riot. Over the years, it went downhill, especially after the demise of the Humble and Fred show. The new owners destroyed pretty much everything that was worth listening to. I no longer listen to morning radio, play what I want to play, and get my info online (screw you BT as well).

kirstenmeows

TRIBE Member
How on earth could you say such a nasty thing??

To be frank, Stern bores me as do all talk radio folks. I am not interested in the on air humiliation of those that don't know better (although I have read Private Parts and that was entertaining). In the morning, as said earlier, I am grumpy beyond grumpy. I want loud aggressive music that will get me moving with little to no interruptions. I don't want to hear anything else.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

MoFo

TRIBE Member
How on earth could you say such a nasty thing??
Sorry, I am a Howard superfan and am obsessed. It's my life.
I'm on Team Howard.

But I'm the same. I like Howard in the morning because I want to hear a fight or a lot of swearing. It's super aggressive sometimes. Uncensored radio is where it's at. I just like people busting each other's balls in a real way. Not this contrived morning zoo shit. It drives me nuts.

kirstenmeows

TRIBE Member
Then you can do my ceiling and walls, both living room and dining room (and maybe hallway). I have already taped and filled holes so it's not such a nasty endeavor, but I hate painting to begin with, especially the clean-up. At the end of this weekend, my place will look much more like I had envisioned it when I signed the papers, and thank goodness for boys who give good massages!!!

Getting back to topic, I can assure you that Dean Blundell will not be played during this paintathon.

Big Cheese

TRIBE Member
after Eduardo stopped calling i totally gave up on that show. it was shite anyways but that bit was pretty funny.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

kat

TRIBE Member
i cant believe its still on.

i used to use that show as my alarm clock..because i would get so irritated at how lame it was..the rage would wake me up.

back when they used to play hey ya, that hot hot heat song, that jet song and some fucking song by hoobastank as their only playlist.

Last edited:

Incrimin8

TRIBE Member
For those David Marsden fans you can listen live online thursday and friday nights, or 94.9FM out of oshawa. I've been enjoying his show for years. There really is no one like the Mars Bar...a true creative radio personality. I only wish I could have experienced the CFNY of old.
http://www.therock.fm/

check out his website and fav picks too
http://www.marsdenglobal.com/

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Rob, what is the screeching? Where is Benjy doing that? I forgit.
If I recall correctly it was a howard TV bit where he dressed up in a pink dress or bunny outfit (I forget) and frolicked around the streets going into building lobbies etc. When security would try to kick him out he'd think of the most irritating noise he could make and do it at the top of his lungs.

SJN

TRIBE Member
It's funny if you're 12 or you have an IQ under 70. Otherwise, it's a steaming pile of crap.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Humble and Fred were actually not that bad...Then again I was younger when they were on CFNY, and usually high enough to laugh at the stupidest shit.

Thunder

TRIBE Member
but seriously doesn't anyone know the band that sings that song with the chorus "well there ain't no sleep for the wicked"?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories