• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The Dean Blundell Show Cancelled

JEMZ

TRIBE Member
So I just moved back into the area last week and have checked out the Dean Blundell show on 102.1 in the morning and I have to say it might be the worst piece of shit I have ever heard on the radio in my life. So boring and unimaginative.... am I missing something, is there some genius I am not getting that is woven between the 3rd grade intellect and constant dead air???

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
This guy is a moron and an embarassment to morning drive radio. Which is saying a lot because you pretty much have to have a brain injury to be successful in that market (see Howard Stern).

[SQUARE]

TRIBE Member
I LOVE that show. It gets me through my drive in the morning.

I think I have the sense of humour of a little boy though so maybe that is why. I think a lot of people find "gaydrian" annoying but I think he is hilarious.

Just my 2 cents...

[SQUARE]

TRIBE Member
This guy is a moron and an embarassment to morning drive radio. Which is saying a lot because you pretty much have to have a brain injury to be successful in that market (see Howard Stern).
I did fracture my skull when I was younger so maybe that explains it.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

dr. claw

My thoughts regarding the Dean Blundell show were nicely elucidated courtesy of several comments directed towards that assfuck Todd on a facebook group message board devoted to discussing his "find a fiancee" contest. Unfortunately my account was banned though, thereby eradicating my sentiments.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
3rd grade intellect is being kind. My 6 year old cousin has a better sense of humour.

The worst is when Blundell's secret right-wing views start to show (usually during or near an election).

oeretS

TRIBE Member
absolute bottom of the barrel radio. although sometimes that's what I'm in the mood for, so I'll check it on the drive maybe once every 2 weeks. always painful.

sad part is that I believe it's the top rated morning show in toronto

dr. claw

3rd grade intellect is being kind. My 6 year old cousin has a better sense of humour.

The worst is when Blundell's secret right-wing views start to show (usually during or near an election).
Ugh, the worst is when he goes so far as to berate and insult his listening base for not voting PC

I mean we all know everyone who listens to him are a bunch of Hickelback mongering, Molson Canadian drinking losers who shop at American Eagle, and wear bead necklaces, but why does he ridicule the people who are pretty much responsible for his livelihood?

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
i confess that i've listened to the show a few times while driving to work, on days that i've forgotten my iPod or can't be bothered to decide what i want to hear.

yesterday, they had kevin smith on the show for my entire drive and that was pretty damn fun. too bad kevin smith doesn't do a radio talk show. i would buy satellite radio for that.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
I wouldn't think a large chunk of his demo would skew PC, but who knows.

Also, the same music they're playing now (outside of the odd MGMT or Metric tune) is the same shit they've been playing for almost 6 years.

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
I haven't listened to the Dean Blundell Show in 10 years.. I can't believe they're still on the radio! I dont even know why I found them amusing. I used to love them. Now if I get the chance to listen to them, I have to turn it off after 5 mins bc my ears start bleeding.

Oh, let me clarify my first statement. I used to listen to them every day on the drive to work.. now, I rarely listen to them.

defazman

TRIBE Member
They are such a bad Stern rip off that I can't even listen to them. Remember when they used to play more than 1 song an hour? Go back to playing music with some toilet humor banter in between.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
I find it hilarious. Edge Files is prolly the best. What Happened is usually good. I've only started listening to radio again after a 5 year hiatus. It's college humour at best, however, it beats listening to Flow morning show, for those of us that don't believe in paying for radio.

I don't think they've been on the air for 10 years, in fact, I can remember when they replaced the Humble and Fred, which was when Kim Hughes was still with them.

I usually change it when they play music though.

craig anderson

TRIBE Member
A bit off topic, but I found this a couple of years ago. They have, or used to, various streaming archived shows from waaaaaayyyyy back in the day up til the early 90's. Cool going back and hearing some of those shows!

www.spiritofradio.ca

Thunder

TRIBE Member
what was that song they played today called something like "no sleep for the wicked" twice in a row!?

Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

BAd Luck

TRIBE Member
It is a sad but true testament to the perils of profit.
When CFNY first lauched, there was nothing like it. It embraced a developing
counter culture movement of young people unipressed with the best Q107 could
offer, in repetitive shit rock.
SUCCESS!!!
PROFIT!!!
new outside ownership whishing to capitalize...
EPIC FAIL!!!

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
some days its amusing and then most days it becomes repulsive

you kinda know how the whole show is gonna pan out
fixed.

If I'm flipping through channels, it's the last on my list. There jokes are tasteless, offensive and not the slightest bit funny. I'd rather listen to yesterdays news on CHUM than tune into that piece of garbage.

Humble & Fred back in the day were the shit.

At least Dean's stopped writing articles for Eye Magazine about how shitty his marriage is.

And for a guy that has a hate on for any chick bigger than a size zero, he might want to try eating with a knife and fork instead of shoveling handfuls of garbage into his mouth first.

Last edited: