• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The Dark Side of DJs Who Tour

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
LOL some of the comments below the article are pretty good:

jonbeat 5h ago
Who on earth are flosstradamus?

DrROFLMAO jonbeat 4h ago
You know, that group of dental hygienists who make predictions about the future. They also have a side project making phat toons

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
One of the loneliest jobs out there.

I grew up in a house where my father was a long time pit Orchestra player for many of the major Theatre musicals (everything from Jesus Christ Superstar to Cats to Phantom to Showboat to Lion King to, well you get the picture). The stories of what happens when ppl would become disconnected from the world and Crack are scary and sad. Imagine doing precisely the exact same thing in a box for 3+ hours 6-8 times a week? Lots of ppl lose it and end up with a wicked kink that manifests itself in excess & control issues. The parallels to the DJ sector are not dissimilar.

One moment you're doing your job, next you're drunk driving up Duncan and go straight across Queen through the front of the Scotiabank...

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
One of the loneliest jobs out there.

I grew up in a house where my father was a long time pit Orchestra player for many of the major Theatre musicals (everything from Jesus Christ Superstar to Cats to Phantom to Showboat to Lion King to, well you get the picture). The stories of what happens when ppl would become disconnected from the world and Crack are scary and sad. Imagine doing precisely the exact same thing in a box for 3+ hours 6-8 times a week? Lots of ppl lose it and end up with a wicked kink that manifests itself in excess & control issues. The parallels to the DJ sector are not dissimilar.

One moment you're doing your job, next you're drunk driving up Duncan and go straight across Queen through the front of the Scotiabank...

I did some sub work in orchestra pits when I was a teenager (Flute in Phantom and Miss Saigon). Not a good gig. Saigon wasn`t bad but Phantom was so depressing.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
This is something I will never understand unless I experience it.

Why do these djs have insane travel schedules? Ask the promoter to book them on a later flight. Take melatonin. Sounds like a bunch of whiny babies.

He can't take no to some gigs? Look at idiotic his schedule is.
Ferry Corsten | Tour