• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The D.T. saga - pt. II

sohaness

TRIBE Member
fine...im boycotting this thread.

and to add insult to injury, im gonna bomb it with the F5 key, so it has tons of views and no replies!! :p

steve.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Harmonika

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~EasyC~
I'll second that notion.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah...go smoke a bowl or ten.

i.

Special K

TRIBE Member
LMAO Danny has turned into SUCH a KNOB!!!

"WHY?

Because, as I was not even aware of this, I have been informed that many of my personal post are copied and pasted to various other MESSage boards and I am not comfortable with this.

When I write here, I feel like I am writing to people I know, or as if it was to the crowd on the dance floor as well as many friends from other cities like Frank Sinatra (Alex) or Goat (Shaun)..... etc....

However, I am not into my post becoming TABLOID product, especially to people who have NO CLUE as to what WE are all about. I hope you all agree? -

There are way too many envious and malicious people out there, and I am tired of having regular magazine publications say harsh things (although most have been GREAT), and every once in a while you get an ASSH*LE journalist who is probably some frustrated bedroom DJ from some Canary Island and writes insulting things about me or "us" collectively....

The truth is: I am SO secure that "I can take it" and 99% of the time get a big LOL at some of the "phrases" used about me.
Although, I have not seen any negative press on me in a Mag in a while, I always thought some Mags were extremely rude like calling me: (ready) "TRUCK DRIVER LOOK ALIKE TENAGLIA" LOL ........ THEN they continue to write a GREAT review about my latest CD! Or Mention that WE won the DanceStar award for Best Party in the US at the WMC 2003..... How could I get angry? LOL
If you can't laugh at yourself you'll never BE happy!

There are many more...... What about the time when I was the DJ at the Tunnel back in 1997, and they did a huge piece on me in a UK Mag, it was mostly all good, BUT... they had the NERVE to call me: "The new King of K House"????? Can you believe that? As if I would know what "K" feels like??????
I know they were being shady to the audience, but it could have appeared to many of their readers as if "I" was a drug user and I was extremely offended (at the time) but quickly got over it and laughed. The article was great about my entire career, so I had to zip my lip or they would have loved to quickly turn it into "sensationalism" and use my anger to sell the next issue.....
OOOF! If you all only knew.....

The fact is "WE," and I do mean US, "WE" won the award for Best Club Night in the US in 2003 ....... and so what, maybe I could easily pass for a truck driver! - (HORNBLAST)
PS: This was written before I leased my Silver Hummer H2!
So...... You know they were throwing shade, but WE get the last laugh. So, let's all LOL together at these UGLY journalist and these message "bored" people who instead of not saying a lot of good things, they rather find the time to insult me and other happy people out there......
WE KNOW WHAT WE GOT RIGHT HERE IN NYC!

It may not BE perfect! Nothing and no one is, but at least WE got it every single Friday and then some, and I vow to give you all my best forever & ever.

AND: How many times have I had to see the sensationalism phrase in various & mostly UK Mags: "the famous feud between Tenaglia & Vasquez"? Until this day, many journalist STILL try to ask about this silly incident from April 1996! But, there never was a "feud," EVER!
As time passed by, both he and I shook it off. It was absurd. Yes, there was ONE single uncomfortable issue when he was at Tunnel and I was at Twilo, and he asked security to politely ask me to leave, as he was not comfortable with me being there at that time, security were respectable, they knew me personally, and I just said no problem and my friends and I left! I was surprised & disappointed at the time, but I got over it. It was not as severe as everyone tried to make it appear! AND, no words were ever exchanged between Jr. & I, (except via some Mags at the time) and when we did see each other not too long after that situation at The Arena, we laughed it off...... JV respects my career & I respect his. We always have, and that's no doubt! We have known each other since about 1981 when Shep Pettibone introduced us at NY nightclub - "The Better Days" on 49th. Street (long gone) ........
Anyhow...... F*** the Press if they are negative. They should focus on good talent and give reviews to good music, Not waste good paper writing about CD's or 12"s that "in their opinion" is not good at all. They are just trying to sell nonsense. Like a Disco version of the Enquirer....... DOUBLE YUK!

I have some thingies up my sleeve for 2004 as well too..... ;0

How could I not? The last 3 songs I did were Depeche Mode, KOT & Yoko Ono - (blush)....... Gotta get my Coolie back in the studio. My desire is burning at this point. I plan on knocking out a lot of tracks for next year, hopefully as many as Chus, Ceballos, Tony Thomas, Superchumbo & Robbie Rivera!
LOL Just kidding....... Who the hell can keep up with these guys? I told them all to slow down and come up for some air and to stop hogging up all my peak hour sets with their music! hehe THAT WAS A HUGE COMPLIMENT, in case it went over anyone's head!

So... F*** all the negative journalist & people out there.

ME? Well, I'm as happy as a Fly on SH*T! -

...dt...

PS: Today makes one week since I am a new uncle again and now I have WONDERFUL & HYSTERICAL photo that I will be posting soon of my niece Gianna Marie...... I am having our Arc flier GOD Martine do a "Caption" thingy (like a postcard) as I want to keep it humorous, and like I said before, with this Internet nonsense, I wanted to be 100% sure my bro & his wife gave me their blessings as it would be disrespectful to post a photo of their child without their permission. So, I now got the perfect photo to make you all say awwwwww AND to laugh your butt's off!

PEACE to all my friends here ......

EVEN "MORE PEACE" TO THE MEATHEADS READING THIS!

:confused:

Suedehead

TRIBE Member
I don't think there was anything wrong with what DT wrote.

None of us are in his position, how are we to know what it feels like?

I didn't find the piece to be cocky or ego driven in any way.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Stan

TRIBE Member
The only thing I see wrong with that little diatribe is that he seems to overuse "LOL" like an AOL newbie.

Suedehead

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by sohaness
i guess you guys havent read any of his other 'rants'...

steve.

Actually, I have. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, whether it be mine concerning DT or DT writing of other things.

I won't always agree with his statements and ideas but at the core of them there are some valid points.

Be Yourself for example. Well, not everyone will like that philosophy of DT's, some might find it hypocritical of him. I don't think that makes him holier than thou in anyway.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Re: LMAO Danny has turned into SUCH a KNOB!!!

Originally posted by Special K
LMAO hahaha oh my I cant stop laughing, I dunno sometimes this guy cracks me up. LIKE. WHO. THE. FUNK. DOES. HE. THINK. HE. IS.

I don't think there's anything wrong with what he wrote either.

Whomever he thinks he is is obviously validated by the close community of fans he's gathered and been a part of in NYC.

luvslife

TRIBE Member
I have absolutly no problem with what he wrote either. When all of you that are laughing at him are hugly famous DJs who have been playing in the industry for over 25 years and have had to deal with the ups and downs, rumours and critisisms and shallow followers that he does, then maybe I'll respect your opinions as much as I respect Danny's.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Special K

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by sohaness
i guess you guys havent read any of his other 'rants'...

steve.
exactly...!!!

this guy sounds far too up his own ass for his own good...!!!

no glowsticks allowed @ arc, no cameras allowed @ arc, no cellphones allowed @ arc...!!! he wants to turn arc into a private members only club...

give me a break...!!!

Nesta

TRIBE Member
Re: LMAO Danny has turned into SUCH a KNOB!!!

LMAO hahaha oh my I cant stop laughing, I dunno sometimes this guy cracks me up. LIKE. WHO. THE. FUNK. DOES. HE. THINK. HE. IS.

he is one of, if not, the most in demand dj in the world.

i fucking love his attitude, straight up!

Nesta

TRIBE Member
exactly...!!!

this guy sounds far too up his own ass for his own good...!!!

no glowsticks allowed @ arc, no cameras allowed @ arc, no cellphones allowed @ arc...!!! he wants to turn arc into a private members only club...

give me a break...!!!
dude, imagine the guv was members only. no more glowsticks, no more wackos who think mark oliver is a british actor, no more bathrooms filled with 2 inches of water... you would love it!

fuck, so would i. :D

Special K

TRIBE Member
People go out to HAVE FUN! To get away from rules and regulations, they dont go out with the intentions of encountering more at the door of the club. I just dont get why this dude has been complaining SO MUCH lately. He gets paid X amount of dollars to do what?! PLAY RECORDS!!!

Poor guy. I really feel sorry for him. He must have a TOUGH LIFE.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I hope a light from a cellphone doesnt blind his eyes next time he plays @ Arc. Thats assuming he does...

So, don't BE surprised if I have a week or two over the next 2 months where I just simply will not show up there because I am absolutely getting extremely fed up and just feel like I need a break. I do not want to hear of any more nonsense that is going to put me in a mood where I might not even want to play music here for much longer -
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Tech_Head_Rob

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Nesta
dude, imagine the guv was members only. no more glowsticks, no more wackos who think mark oliver is a british actor, no more bathrooms filled with 2 inches of water... you would love it!

fuck, so would i. :D
dude, imagine how empty it'd be.
;)

sohaness

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by bucky
cell phones aren't allowed at Arc?!??? huh?
apparently the lights from the cell phones distract him or something or other...and its a diss to his lighting guy....

:rolleyes:

im still driving to mtrl to see him though...never heard him live...plus its at stereo!

steve.