• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The Crocodile Hunter is a Baby Dangler !

graham

Well-Known TRIBEr



'Crocodile Hunter' takes baby to feed crocs
Friday, January 2, 2004

BRISBANE, Australia (AP) -- Crocodile hunter Steve Irwin took his month-old son to his first croc feeding on Friday, offering the reptile a chicken with one hand and holding the baby in the other.

With a capacity crowd looking on, Irwin dangled a dead chicken before the 13-foot crocodile named Murray, which snapped up the offering. Irwin's tiny son Bob looked on from his other arm.

"He's one-month-old, so it's about time Bob got out there and did his first croc demo," the Australian celebrity told the crowd at his Australian Zoo.

Irwin's wife Terri, who gave birth to her second child on December 1, also attended the show, billed as Bob's "croc feeding debut."
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
There's absolutely no danger to the baby. Remember this guy knows crocodile behaviour through and through (there's really not that much to know-- a pea-sized brain doesn't allow for much).

No more dangerous than feeding a seagull a french fry while holding your baby.
 

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
you've obviously never tried to do the seagull thing at ontario place as a kid......

SCARIEST 5 MINS. OF MY LIFE!!!....

the birds... the birds are still after me...*cries*
 

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mr tall
"He's one-month-old, so it's about time Bob got out there and did his first croc demo,"
PAGING CHEEKA AND RED LION

Isn't Braedyn just about due for his first croc demo?

:D
 

Pyrovitae

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd
There's absolutely no danger to the baby. Remember this guy knows crocodile behaviour through and through (there's really not that much to know-- a pea-sized brain doesn't allow for much).

No more dangerous than feeding a seagull a french fry while holding your baby.
exactly.

like four week old babies understand the meaning of fear anyway.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by Pyrovitae
exactly.

like four week old babies understand the meaning of fear anyway.
It would be rather amusing to let the baby crawl over to the cute little croc ;)

It'd have to be a bit older though-- at four weeks, I think everything looks like a teat.
 

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Pyrovitae
exactly.

like four week old babies understand the meaning of fear anyway.
yeah its more of the argument that you don't intentionally put your child at risk. Unlike when I was a kid and my parents never owned a single car seat (I'm the fifth child and they neer owned a car seat!!) its now considered taboo to risk your childs life for pubic affection.
 

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by Ditto Much
yeah its more of the argument that you don't intentionally put your child at risk.
Thing is, there is no risk. A croc is as predictable in its behaviour as an armchair.
 
tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Pyrovitae
exactly.

like four week old babies understand the meaning of fear anyway.
Uhhh actually they do.
Fear is an inherent response in all creatures, regardless of species.

Why else would babies cry when they're mothers aren't present?
 

tayo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd
Thing is, there is no risk. A croc is as predictable in its behaviour as an armchair.
You sound like Roy Horn pre-having his neck ripped off
 

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Tesseract
Uhhh actually they do.
Fear is an inherent response in all creatures, regardless of species.

Why else would babies cry when they're mothers aren't present?
1. Their not they're

2. The neurons needed to allow for fearful reactions are inherently present in humans. However, without learning to fear a particular object/situation, a baby will never have a fearful response to a given stimulus. Therefore fear cannot be inherent in any species. Association must be made before fear is manifest.

A 4 week old baby would have no idea to respond with fear to a crocodile. It has the neurons necessary but not the learned association needed to actually respond with fear.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top