• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

The Cooler

Dr. Grinch

TRIBE Member
Saw this tonight, in it's "Wide" release (one fucking theater, whoopdee doo). It's showing at the Paramount for anyone who wants to check it out.

Quick review:
Acting - Pretty freaking good. Best performance is Alec Baldwin, who really outdoes himself. William H Macy is pretty solid too as a down on his luck loser who makes other people unlucky. Worst acting is definitely the guy from Office Space (too lazy to look up his name), who tries to play a quasi-intelligent business type, but just looks like a retard.

Plot - Pretty liveable. Not groundbreaking, but certainly keeps you interested. I never found myself staring at the ceiling or floor, except when WHM's ass was on the screen as he's pumping his love interest. There's obviously a certain amount of incredibility to the movie, but it's suggested in the premise, so it's best just to bare with it. Some of the subplots seem a little half baked. The appearance and then dissapearance of WHM's son takes a backseat later on in the film. Kinda like the clown in King Lear, he's never heard from again.

Feel - The movie feels like a dingy strip club. It's supposed to in some ways, but the shots of Vegas still have a dank sorta feel to them. I don't know if it was a low budget thing, or intentional (some parts clearly are intentional), but the film never elevated itself above that.

Overall it's about a 7/10, maybe an 8. For sure worth checking out if you get the chance.
Lost in Translation is still playing there too for those of you living under a rock. :p

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Dr. Grinch
Worst acting is definitely the guy from Office Space (too lazy to look up his name), who tries to play a quasi-intelligent business type, but just looks like a retard.
Ron Livingston

Loved his character in Sex & the City - for once they acknowledged that a man might actually find Carrie and her friends uber fucking annoying and pretentious

Dr. Grinch

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mr tall
great now we all need mind-erasing kits
Huh?
I didn't give anything away this time, aside from the son thing, which is really a side plot, and doesn't seem to have any real bearing on the overall film.

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain