1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The complaining about traffic thread

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by El-jay, May 13, 2010.

1. El-jay

El-jay TRIBE Member

Post all your rage about people cutting into turn only lanes without waiting in queue...

and keep that shizz out of the picture thread... its one of the few things I look fwd to in a day and its getting full of traffic and commuting complaints.
  2. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

Please, for the love of god, merge onto the highway AT THE SPEED OF TRAFFIC. I'm not going to slow down to 70km/h to let your timid, untrained driving ass in.

Thank you :)
  3. WestsideWax

WestsideWax TRIBE Promoter

Before you leave the house, would you please take a moment to ponder, "Do I really need to take the car today?"
  4. derek

derek TRIBE Member

this, and don't sit in the passing lane letting faster cars back up behind you. pull over to the right and let the faster cars by.
  5. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

I'm not pulling over when I'm doing 120 - I'm already "passing"

-sorry, they might call it the 'passing' lane but all that really means is a bunch of adrenalin junkies looking to 'pass' everyone else doing 140. Fuck that noise.
  6. derek

derek TRIBE Member

if your passing another vehicle sure, but if there's space in the lane over to the right why not pull over, why force the faster car to pull to the right to get around you. or do you feel it's your job to enforce a 120km cap on the cars behind you? seems far more unsafe to me to force the faster car to move around you because you feel that 120km in a 100km zone is already fast enough.

i'm not talking rush hour here, and for the record i rarely creep above 120km myself, but if i got a car coming up behind me faster, and i can move to the right, i do.
  7. agentRC4

agentRC4 TRIBE Member

I'm not pulling over if I'm doing 120+ so a faster car can get by. Even if there is room to move over. At the rate of speed I'm traveling I'll be on someone else's bumper and I'll have to slow down.

Not happening.

Oh and I like to jam on the brakes when someone is riding my tail regardless of the lane I'm in. If you like to tailgate you better be ready cause I have no problem jammin on my brakes.

Its great watching their expression. Its even better if they are on the phone or drinking a coffee.
  8. dig this

dig this TRIBE Member

yeah, pulling over for people doing +120km/hr is tricky... on one hand you're a bit of a dick for not moving over for someone that wants to pass you, on the other hand someone doing +120 is arguably putting other peoples safety at risk. Personally, I move outta the way.

also... the left hand lane should really be reserved for passing only... so after you pass a car, you should technically turn back into the next lane.... not like this ever happens though.
    Last edited: May 13, 2010
  9. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

Qft ^^
  10. Persephone

Persephone TRIBE Member

Worth repeating, IMO.
  11. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

Plus most people who are trying to pass me when I'm going 120 will zoom up and take the right lane themselves to get around me.
  12. MissBlu

MissBlu TRIBE Member

i drive the 401 an hour to and from work everyday. the left lane is typically going at 130km/hr. if you don't like it move over. if that is the speed people are going and you pull in front at 120km/hr refusing to move, you are being a dickehead.
  13. gasper

gasper TRIBE Member

I like you, Hamish, but I hate how you drive! :p

Even if you're doing 120, move over if you have room. It's not your job to enforce speeds.

For every driver like you, that feels that they're "already doing 120," there's two drivers that feel that they're "already doing 110" or "already doing 100." This causes more problems on our roads than the guy trying to do 125.
  14. Persephone

Persephone TRIBE Member

^ well said
  15. oeretS

oeretS TRIBE Member

it's fucked - I've been narrowly escaping some potentially serious accidents in the past month - weird since I'm a relatively conservative driver and haven't experienced this in my 6+ years of heavy driving. feel like some Final Destination shit

mostly people blindly sweeping into my lane on the highway - some pretty close calls
  16. KodiaK

KodiaK TRIBE Member

haha i knew this was coming.

haters gonna hate!
  17. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

you know... just playing devil's advocate here... but if everyone just drove the speed limit there wouldn't be any of those traffic jams 'due to volume', etc.
  18. ScottBentley

ScottBentley TRIBE Member

I just take my foot off the gas. :D
  19. MissBlu

MissBlu TRIBE Member

why can i get to work in an hour or less if i leave early before the traffic and it takes me 1-1/2 hrs if i leave late... too many cars.
  20. zedtech

zedtech TRIBE Member

21. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

If I'm already doing 120, I'm breaking the law. If some guy behind me wants to go 140km, he will have to break the law even more in order to get around me and if I move out of the way, I will be aiding and abetting his crime. I prefer to let people dig their own holes.
  22. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

I completely hate the idiots who drive through intersections with everyone else only to get stuck in the middle of the god damn middle of it, looking at everyone like "whoopseee!" did I do that? sorry!

repeat at next light change. see king and spadina for details.
  23. derek

derek TRIBE Member

i'm not suggesting pull to the right and tailgate the car in front of you. i agree with your postion in that you pull over safely, meaning the speed of the cars in the lane you're pulling into is maintianed. i'd hope once you pass the slower moving cars, you'd pull over. if you can't make the lane change safely, then the person you got riding your tail is the dick. although, i'd stop short of slamming the brakes, i don't see the logic in this other than some form of retribution. if you want to ride my tail (even if i think it's a stupid move), go right ahead. i will switch lanes when it's safe to do so.

and yes, when traffic isn't heavy you shouldn't ride the passing lane if you're not passing. that's pretty much only outside the gta though, imo.
  24. MissBlu

MissBlu TRIBE Member

i dunno, i think its kinda a dick head move to go 120km/hr if there are a huge line of cars behind you that are going 130km/hr just because you think that's the way it should be.

it's even more unsafe (is that a word) if you are that car slowing down the traffic.

if you want to go 120km/hr just move over when someone is coming, you can move right back in once they pass.

i don't think tailgating is cool at all, but i do believe that you should be checking your mirrors, and if you see someone coming up behind you, going faster, you should let them pass.
  25. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

Not sure what your point was there. Everyone got where they wanted to go, the only people fucking around were the ones angry at them for going the speed limit, to the point of damaging their own cars and driving on the shoulder to go around them...?