1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The Chinese are Monsters

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by deevah, Jun 15, 2007.

1. mrfinesse

mrfinesse TRIBE Member

2. the_fornicator

the_fornicator TRIBE Member

That looks about right.

3. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

I'll have to say, I'm LOVING China right now. I might never come back.

4. newstyle666

newstyle666 TRIBE Member

I love the rawness of China. The immense scale, size, "anything is possible" attitude of business and political culture. In terms of natural resources, demographics etc. it truly is awe inspiring.

When I arrive back to home in Japan - I love it on a whole other scale. But in terms of Japan`s future... this country is a far scarier prospect than China.

5. Bacchus

Bacchus TRIBE Promoter

6. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

well that's ironic, his dad probably builds Tonka trucks, this lucky kid gets to drive the real fucking thing!

My childhood sucked.

Fuck you China!

* also: see how easy it is to run one of those things? Fuck you teamsters and your $500/day front end loader fees

7. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Video just goes to show how backwards we are here in The West, where the age-old right of children to work has been consigned to the dustbin of history...

Won't someone think of the children clamouring for decent work??

8. mrfinesse

mrfinesse TRIBE Member

9. mrfinesse

mrfinesse TRIBE Member

Guy tries to get off subway but is forced back in from the crowd. It is dude with a yellow collar

[YOUTUBE]uuUC-JAbrxg[/YOUTUBE]

10. mrfinesse

mrfinesse TRIBE Member

How the chinese do school assaults. knife attack on school children

[YOUTUBE]QdeqmxLDq_8[/YOUTUBE]

11. Boss Hog

Boss Hog TRIBE Member

Not to make light of the situation, but ZERO dead.

As opposed to what happens in the US.

12. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

This must be a decade ago because it doesn't look like this anymore. Good luck finding a station or a train this packed and disorderly. Is this even in Beijing?

13. Phat Buddha

Phat Buddha TRIBE Member

14. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

I'd like to start a blog of trying to go one year without buying anything made in china. I doubt I could last one week mind you.

15. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

ha. that looks less scary for me, and much more for the people in my way. just sayin'.

16. Snuffy

Snuffy TRIBE Member

This can easily be downtown Toronto in five or ten years. During rush hour, there's already line ups and people who can't get on.

17. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

18. Dialog

Dialog TRIBE Member

A friend is teaching in Beijing for a year, he posted this to FB

[​IMG]

"Beyond Index" is what flashes onscreen in a disaster movie when shit starts unraveling

19. mrfinesse

mrfinesse TRIBE Member

not willing to relocate, no problem.

[YOUTUBE]AbLxjma0aVU[/YOUTUBE]

20. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

Shudder. I went to a few aquariums in China recently cuz I love that kinda thing but am still afraid of water so there's an element of fear for me when I enter one which in turn makes it kinda exciting. I thought about the cheapness of the glass when I was there but still trusted it. THIS IS MY NIGHTMARE.

21. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

friend of mine has been living and teaching there for about 3-4 years now, just married a girl there. i have asked him how the air quality is and he said its pretty brutal, i dont know if he wears masks or not and how often i can ask him for you.

22. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

I was there recently and we noticed after 4 days, we were getting congested. Then we had a flood of friends coming into China and each time someone arrived, by the 3rd or 4th day they would complain about feeling ill. Then I'd just go "don't worry. Give it 2 more days. You're not sick. It's the pollution." Then they adapted and got used to it.

We were all congested, coughing and noticed sometimes it was hard to breathe after walking for a few hours but not to the point where you feel incapacitated. You get really used to it until someone points it out or when you wake up coughing in your sleep. It got to the point where I think we stopped noticing. I can't even imagine what it would be like to live there long-term.

Sometimes you couldn't see the buildings a few blocks away from the smog. And what sucks is that a lot of the smog travels to the more nature-y areas so even though you're on an island with sunshine surrounded by beautiful hills and water, the air quality is some of the worst as it's in the path of the shit blowing from all the factories in the outskirts CREATING SHIT THAT WE'RE ALL WEARING AND USING (shoes, phones, underwear, laptop, my keyring, you name it).

Basically if you've ever been to China, there's a feeling of "THIS IS SO FUCKED UP" every hour of every day you're there. Haha.

Also, the index was 755 recently. So much higher than 732.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  23. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

[YOUTUBE]T55tz4qwFMo[/YOUTUBE]

Fake Eggs made from Chemicals in CHina!

:eek::eek::eek:

24. Littlest Hobo

Littlest Hobo TRIBE Member

25. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

im so fucking disgusted by humans that lack compassion and respect for other liveing things. its fucking deplorable. people that do this should have to suffer the same fucking demise or worse.

that image is heart wrenching.