1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The Chinese are Monsters

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by deevah, Jun 15, 2007.

1. mariazmess

mariazmess TRIBE Member

wtf!!! small quantities maybe, but small quantities of BABY?!?! wtf! :O

2. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

Rhino horn too expensive. Babies cheaper.

3. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

rhino endangered. lots of babies.

4. IgStar

IgStar TRIBE Member

pretty much took the words outta my mouth

5. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Lets all laugh at the chinese for their stupid superstitious beliefs about healthcare - then go to our naturopaths for "detox" and homeopathic remedies..;)

That being said, at least sugar pills dont come from dead babies or endangered species. But seriously, remember this shit next time someone says their particular treatment course is valid because "the chinese have been doing it for centuries"

The chinese are f*cked up - and so is their medecine. How they came to be some kind of touchstone for great healthcare tips is beyond me!

6. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

What? I clearly don't understand enough of that part of history/geography.

7. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

8. TraNceAhoLic

TraNceAhoLic TRIBE Member

lol and ppl call me racist. I think it depends on the flavour of the day (this thread is ancient), or who you know on TRIBE. The chinese gov are "monsters", not the chinese people as a whole. Half nature/nurtue. They are a product of their gov. I think all people can be "monsters" Americans are "monsters" ....Germans are "monsters" Israeli's are "monsters"....Italians are "monsters"...Slavs are "monsters"....

Ps. So are somolians....fuck...are they ever

9. TraNceAhoLic

PSS. Imagine what they think of us after Luka Magnotta (not his real name)

10. TraNceAhoLic

PSSS. Imagine what they think of us after that TRIBER murdered that girl @ YORK...

11. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

I love how racist this thread is. Keep it going!

12. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

I don't know if I really give a shit about the baby capsules. If the babies are already dead, who cares. If they're being harvested for this then yeah, not great.

13. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

It's all about the stem cells

14. Polymorph

Polymorph TRIBE Member

well, theoretically, the Chinese are only allowed to have one baby, so perhaps it's a question of what to do with all the extra babies

15. Snuffy

Snuffy TRIBE Member

Q: What's the difference between a chinese dead baby and shitty cocaine?

A: Hard to tell, they both seem to have the same effect.

16. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

Well, if they're dead already then whatever. No one wants them. But it's a slippery slope.

And plenty of people have more than 1 baby. They just hide them unsuccessfully because officials bribe your neighbours to spy on each other or you get heavily fined or in some cases jailed I think.

There are also many many many cases of forced (and commonly botched) abortions when someone finds out you're pregnant. YAY CHINA.

I'm going there in October and some neat locals to take me around and give me the lowdown so hopefully I'll get to finally have some sense of what's happening over there. Maybe we ARE MONSTERS. lol

17. Snuffy

Snuffy TRIBE Member

Q: How do you know when to throw away a Chinese dead baby?

A: The expiry date on the packaging.

18. TraNceAhoLic

lol if u cant tell the quality of blow by its texture and smell..u derseve dead babies

19. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

20. Snuffy

Snuffy TRIBE Member

Q: There's two Chinese dead babies. One is skinny and one is fat. How do you tell them apart?

A: The fat one is labeled "Extra Strength".

21. g0nz0

g0nz0 TRIBE Member

Asian Seafood Raised on Pig Feces Approved for U.S. Consumers

At Ngoc Sinh Seafoods Trading & Processing Export Enterprise, a seafood exporter on Vietnam’s southern coast, workers stand on a dirty floor sorting shrimp one hot September day. There’s trash on the floor, and flies crawl over baskets of processed shrimp stacked in an unchilled room in Ca Mau.

Elsewhere in Ca Mau, Nguyen Van Hoang packs shrimp headed for the U.S. in dirty plastic tubs. He covers them in ice made with tap water that the Vietnamese Health Ministry says should be boiled before drinking because of the risk of contamination with bacteria. Vietnam ships 100 million pounds of shrimp a year to the U.S. That’s almost 8 percent of the shrimp Americans eat.

Using ice made from tap water in Vietnam is dangerous because it can spread bacteria to the shrimp, microbiologist Mansour Samadpour says, Bloomberg Markets magazine reports in its November issue.

“Those conditions -- ice made from dirty water, animals near the farms, pigs -- are unacceptable,” says Samadpour, whose company, IEH Laboratories & Consulting Group, specializes in testing water for shellfish farming.

Ngoc Sinh has been certified as safe by Geneva-based food auditor SGS SA, says Nguyen Trung Thanh, the company’s general director.
    No Record

“We are trying to meet international standards,” Thanh says.
    SGS spokeswoman Jennifer Buckley says her company has no record of auditing Ngoc Sinh.

At Chen Qiang’s tilapia farm in Yangjiang city in China’s Guangdong province, which borders Hong Kong, Chen feeds fish partly with feces from hundreds of pigs and geese. That practice is dangerous for American consumers, says Michael Doyle, director of the University of Georgia’s Center for Food Safety.

“The manure the Chinese use to feed fish is frequently contaminated with microbes like salmonella,” says Doyle, who has studied foodborne diseases in China.
    On a sweltering, overcast day in August, the smell of excrement is overpowering. After seeing dead fish on the surface, Chen, 45, wades barefoot into his murky pond to open a pipe that adds fresh water from a nearby canal. Exporters buy his fish to sell to U.S. companies.

Yang Shuiquan, chairman of a government-sponsored tilapia aquaculture association in Lianjiang, 200 kilometers from Yangjiang, says he discourages using feces as food because it contaminates water and makes fish more susceptible to diseases. He says a growing number of Guangdong farmers adopt that practice anyway because of fierce competition.
    “Many farmers have switched to feces and have stopped using commercial feed,” he says.

Frequently Contaminated
    About 27 percent of the seafood Americans eat comes from China -- and the shipments that the FDA checks are frequently contaminated, the FDA has found. The agency inspects only about 2.7 percent of imported food. Of that, FDA inspectors have rejected 1,380 loads of seafood from Vietnam since 2007 for filth and salmonella, including 81 from Ngoc Sinh, agency records show. The FDA has rejected 820 Chinese seafood shipments since 2007, including 187 that contained tilapia.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-...-on-pig-feces-approved-for-u-s-consumers.html

22. Blue Meanies

Blue Meanies TRIBE Member

Ummmm... maybe cause they live for a really long time and it's a result of these healthcare tips?

The 90 year old people here look like they're 50 or 60... they must be doing something right :)

23. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

probably the bear bladders - i figure the more endangered the species the more health-ful it is to eat their sex organs right?

Or maybe its all the smoking that keeps them so thin! mmm cigarettes

24. Jeffsus

Jeffsus TRIBE Member

I've worked with a significant amount of first generation ex-pat Chinese. As in, born in China and somehow got out and even got relatively respectful jobs elsewhere.

Oh, in Japan, they don't dare raise an eyebrow. They know that's the fastest ticket home to whatever shit they were trying to escape.

But in Canada, I regularly have to listen to ridicule from these individuals. Complaints against Canadian culture, or perceived lack-there-of, to how allegedly shitty everything here is.. Now, I can't volley any complaints back, because that would be racist and get me fired, but the particular individuals I have in mind are lazy ass slacking whiners, who are basically a mistake on some DFAIT personnel's "approved" stamp.

Were I allowed to volley back, I'd ask "Then why the fuck did you come here? I'd be perfectly happy without you." or perhaps "You know, I'm not so comfortable doing trade with a communist country with horrible human rights standards." or perhaps "I don't see why we should be inviting foreign investment from a country where all business is at least 51% state run?"

From a strictly international trade perspective, we're getting suckered. As is the USA and, decreasingly so, the European Union. The EU only decreasingly so because they are being overwhelmed from the middle east, and they don't want it.

As Merkel said, "Multikulti", while, so far, working in Canada, is either a failure or non-existent elsewhere. Maybe we shouldn't put all our eggs in that basket; or at least, should find a better way to safeguard them.

At the end of the day, you don't see millions of Westerners swarming towards Saudi or China or Cuba -- in fact they seem mostly happy to stay right where they are, whilst increasingly rubbing elbows with people who'll give up everything and anything to leave their place of birth. Perhaps we should ask why.

-jM
    A&D

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  25. mudbunny

mudbunny TRIBE Member