• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

*The Canadian International Auto Show Thread*

Stan

TRIBE Member
So, who's going to the Auto Show, or who's already gone? I went down today, with a buddy from work, and, while I was kinda disappointed that there were a few cars absent this year, like the Bugatti Veyron, or the Ferrari Enzo, overall, it was definitely worth the money. I stood behind Christian Slater in the lineup to get the tickets. :D I didn't talk to him, as he was trying to be all incognito, but I think he was in town doing a movie or something. Anyway, the highlight of the show has to be the Chrysler Sixteen - V16 1000 horsepower beast of an engine and 0 to 60 in 2.6 seconds, $6 million. :eek: It was worth the $18 admission just to see this car.

P1010034.jpg


Also, the Mercedes Mclaren SLR:

P1010037.jpg

P1010041.jpg


Here's the second picture in 1024x768 with the background photochopped out.

Mercedes%20Mclaren%20SLR.jpg



More pictures coming soon.
 
Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
@ the Bentley exhibit
Random idiot (to my brother)- "Hey dude! How do you get to look at the cars that closely?"
My brother (next to the Bentley) - "You have to own one already"


Car shows are really all about the regular crap. Not the high end stuff.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Stan

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Tesseract
Car shows are really all about the regular crap. Not the high end stuff.

Car shows are about whatever you want them to be. I like to go and look at the cars that I'd never be able to see anywhere else. Sure I'd never be able to afford one, but that can't stop me from looking, can it?
 

Balzz

TRIBE Member
The McLaren SLR and the Ford GT are my only reasons for possibly checking it out this year. Yum.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

xopus

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Stan
Anyway, the highlight of the show has to be the Chrysler Sixteen - V16 1000 horsepower beast of an engine and 0 to 60 in 2.6 seconds, $6 million...

Its a Cadillac, not Chrysler. The coolest thing about this car is the displacement on demand system that GM has created. It only uses all 16 cylinders when its being driven hard. under city cruising conditions it only runs on 4 cyl.

Check out its details on Supercars.net

Top Gear did a segment on it a couple months ago. I highly suggest checking it out.


I cant wait to hit up the auto show.

max
 

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Stan
Car shows are about whatever you want them to be. I like to go and look at the cars that I'd never be able to see anywhere else. Sure I'd never be able to afford one, but that can't stop me from looking, can it?

True... but really... the average car owner can only drool over the bentley's and ferrari's.





Xopus - yeah, but VW already had the Displacement on Demand system in their Audi supercar, as did Mercedes with their... SL 500? i forget the model, but it has a V12, but it only uses 6 cylinders under normal city driving. It opens up the other 6 when doing highway.

Chrysler is using the technology in their new 300 and Magnum LX-body cars
 

Stan

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Tesseract
True... but really... the average car owner can only drool over the bentley's and ferrari's.

Yeah, well, I'm not gonna waste my time taking pictures of Nissan Altimas and Mazda 3's. I can see those cars on the road any day of the week. :) And besides, I don't think anyone would want to see a thread filled with pictures of every day cars.
 

HybridTheory

TRIBE Member
it would take some serious balls to open up full throttle on the dodge tomahawk

P1010001.jpg



pretty much just a viper engine on a bike platform :eek:
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Dr. Grinch

TRIBE Member
I went today. Long day, took lots of pictures.
I couldn't believe the price of some of these vehicles though.
Volkswagen have been smoking the glass dick.
$96,690 for a V10 Diesel Touraeg.
 

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Dr. Grinch
I went today. Long day, took lots of pictures.
I couldn't believe the price of some of these vehicles though.
Volkswagen have been smoking the glass dick.
$96,690 for a V10 Diesel Touraeg.

yeah.... the Diesels are way expensive.
They say you save on the mileage and price of diesel, but in reality, you don't. The markup breaks that even.
LOL
 

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Dr. Grinch

$96,690 for a V10 Diesel Touraeg.
Are you sure about that price? A fully loaded V8 is $80,000. I can't see someone wanting to pay a $17,000 premium to get a diesel engine.

Cheer s... Ian :)
 

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Stan

P1010095.jpg

Wow, I can smell the sweet ambrosia of testosterone just by looking at this pic.

I want my dad to get his fucking car already so I can get the old Volvo Turbo. Love driving that thing.

My parents went yesterday and talked to a Jaguar dealer.
 

Dr. Grinch

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Soundstream
Are you sure about that price? A fully loaded V8 is $80,000. I can't see someone wanting to pay a $17,000 premium to get a diesel engine.

Cheer s... Ian :)

Oh I'm positive to the fucking last cent man. They had the sticker on the window for $96,690. My buddy who drives a VW nearly fainted from laughing when he saw it. Volkswagen seem to think that their cars have some sort of prestige or some shit. Meanwhile, every motherfucker on the block drives a Passat it seems. Plus their service is god awful.
If you're at the show, check it out, but I'm 100% positive of the price.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top