• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The Bruce Peninsula

ChROmE

TRIBE Member
Thinking of heading up to the Bruce Peninsula this weekend. Going to check out Sauble Beach and Flower Pot Island. Does anyoen have any suggestions for camping and activities?

justin surdit

TRIBE Member
I'll be heading up for a kayak trek out to flowerpot island at the end of July - interested to hear feedback after you get back.

btw - how will you be getting out to flowerpot??

cabbagetowngirl

TRIBE Member
ChROmE said:
Thinking of heading up to the Bruce Peninsula this weekend. Going to check out Sauble Beach and Flower Pot Island. Does anyoen have any suggestions for camping and activities?
Sauble Beach is GOLD! You'll have sooo much fun there... Check out Whitesands campground....or if you want to party, go to The Hideaway.

:)

Tyler

TRIBE Member
ChROmE said:

Yo Ivan

Try to get a camping spot on the Flower Pot Islands. They have limited camping spots available there. If nothing is available there, then the Bruce Penninsula National Park is a good place for camping. They have very nice hiking trails that follow the coast line.

When are you heading there ?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
I have spent so many weekends growing up in the Bruce...

If you are looking to relax, Southampton and Port Elgin are great towns, with beautiful beaches and sunsets...

Or head up to Tobermory and camp at Cyprus Lake, an excellent campground with awesome hiking trails... The Singing Sands is great to hear and see. I think its easier to get to Flower Pot Island there too...

I love it up that way, was up at the cottage this past weekend with the incredible weather, have fun!

You should also check out this website for info and links

http://www.out-there.com/bruce.htm

ChROmE

TRIBE Member
After further investigation last night I think we settled on camping at Cyprus Lake. There is a ferry from the National Park to Flower Pot island so I think we will go that route.

Thanks everyone!

Adam

TRIBE Member
ChROmE said:
There is a ferry from the National Park to Flower Pot island so I think we will go that route.
There isn't just a ferry, there's the ferry; the motherfucking HS Chi-Cheemaun:

http://www.chicheemaun.com/

My family has cottaged in the Bruce peninsula for almost 50 years, and the name of the Chi-cheemaun has entertained me since I was a kid.

I second the recommendation of a day trip to Sauble beach

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories