• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The Bravery - Oct.11

zoo

TRIBE Member
have you guys read the pitchfork review of their cd?

The Bravery will tell you they don't know of any nu-rock revival. They just happen to like wearing leather jackets and having their gaunt faces photographed in elevators. Their idea to combine new wave, garage rock, and dance music just popped into their head, because, hey, what if rock bands started doing that? The Bravery aren't fooling anybody: They fit the post-new wave blueprint so immaculately, they're one power chord away from securing a gig at the 2005 VMA's between their rivals the Killers and Razorlight. So here come the Bravery-- hi-hats, synthesizers, mop-tops, ennui, and all.

love it! exactly what i thought when watching the video for "an honest mistake" :)

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Dr. Grinch
I posted a thread when they where playing the Opera House back in June. Number of replies = 0

Kinda like my Doves thread, but in reverse.

I keep meaning to listen to the album, but the feud they have with the Killers sounds so trendily stupid.

emiwee

TRIBE Member
oooooh... i would totally love to go to this show!

is anywhere other than ticketmaster selling tickets? (it pains me that $18.75 tickets end up costing $30 by the time all of their service charges are added)

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
i saw them opening for ash in march, and would love to see them again, cos i thought they were great live...also would like to see the (international) noise conspiracy. however, my wallet will not let me :(

AND in unrelated news, i just found out bauhaus is coming!

wakipaki

TRIBE Member
saw them at HOmelands last may and they sucked ass, like really sucked, the tent they were playing in cleared out, but Groove Armada, Jazzy Jeff, the Scratch Perverts and Andy C were all playing during their set

billy

TRIBE Member
they'll be opening for depeche mode on a bunch of the north american dates starting in november. not the toronto show but they will be in montreal.

Adam Duke

TRIBE Member
I'm going to pass on Depeche in Toronto, in favour of a road trip to the Montreal show.

I've heard nothing but great things on The Bravery live from people who've seen them the last two times in Toronto...can't wait for tomorrow!

I'm game for drinks beforehand, assuming i can get my work wrapped up in time..