• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

The BMW X3 Commercial

Smiley Jo

TRIBE Member
They used Amon Tobin's "Sorid"....

That fucking kicks ass.
What a BAD ASS track!

I *heart* BMW even more than ever now.

SJ
 

Smiley Jo

TRIBE Member
Hey Shane!
How about a nice tall glass of shut the fuck up! :p
I was commenting on the choice of track for the commercial.. the X3 is *blech*!

SJ
 
Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

kuba

TRIBE Member
people who hate the zfour need a REWIND back to the basics. Its simple, elegant, and most of all, WAY edgier than the Porsche Boxter and other roadsters in its class. The X3 isnt going to land BMW in hot water, hell, it'll grow its revenue by enough of a margin to be called a success. It suits the buyer who otherwise wouldve gotten themselves a Touareg. The 5series bimmer is sick sick sick. And dont forget what the M5 will look like (and with a rumoured 500HP motor, it'll be even more sick)
 
Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Tesseract
The Z4 has a stupid trunk. Makes the car fugly.
I think the ass is the best. One of the main reasons I got it. Very Ferrariesque looking.



FYI, all car manufacturers are going with controversial designs these days. They have found that generic styling is non-inspirational. They figure that they would rather do something different, even if it results in the love-it/hate-it split.

Cheers ... Ian :)
 

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Soundstream

FYI, all car manufacturers are going with controversial designs these days. They have found that generic styling is non-inspirational. They figure that they would rather do something different, even if it results in the love-it/hate-it split.

Cheers ... Ian :)
Looking at the 5-series competition, the E-class and S6...well, BMW designers must be on Mercedes and Audi payrolls. I'm sure the engineering underneath is rock solid as I'd expect from Munich but...yuck.
 

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by qtip
And dont forget what the M5 will look like (and with a rumoured 500HP motor, it'll be even more sick)
It'll look like total ass, but at least the 500/500 V10 will make up for some of it. Maybe I'll overlook the looks...after all the E28 M5 is still one of my favourites.
 
Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

Smiley Jo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Soundstream
I think the ass is the best. One of the main reasons I got it.

FYI, all car manufacturers are going with controversial designs these days. They have found that generic styling is non-inspirational. They figure that they would rather do something different, even if it results in the love-it/hate-it split.

Hey, I need a ride to..... um.... somewhere....

*bats eyelashes*

BTW, totally agree on the second point.

SJ
 

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Smiley Jo
^^^ Come out from behind your laptop and say that to me why don't you!!!


YEAH!
I THOUGHT SO! :p

SJ
Actually, I think I will...I'll stop by your work today and drop off the book. HA!
 
Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
The other thing you guys need to keep in mind is that the product lifecycle for a BMW mofedl is about 7-8 years. Which means that they have to be designed to look somewhat modern even in about 7 or 8 years from now. So it usually looks way out there during the first few years of existence, but then wil lappear more "normal" once other caar manufacturers start doing restyling that is along the same lines.

Cheers ... Ian :)
 

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Soundstream
Which means that they have to be designed to look somewhat modern even in about 7 or 8 years from now. So it usually looks way out there during the first few years of existence, but then wil lappear more "normal" once other caar manufacturers start doing restyling that is along the same lines.

Cheers ... Ian :)
I thought the E34 and E39 looked great when they were first released. So did the E42 and E46.
 

kuba

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Smiley Jo
Hello - no mention of the Z4?

Z4 = insta-drool.

SJ
read my post

and FUCK the M5? ARE YOU NUTS?

most subtle but powerful car on the planet. 90% of people dont know the dilly.

The 6 series looks exactly like the 911 on the back, without the little hump.
 

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Balzz
I thought the E34 and E39 looked great when they were first released. So did the E42 and E46.
When they changed from the E36 to the E46, I was disappointed. Then after about a year or two, it grew on me so much that I got one. Maybe to some the styling is great right off the bat, but they know that some people need a few years to have the changed styling cues sink in.

Same happened with the Z4. I hated it in pictures. But when I went to the BMW launch of the product and got to see it in person, that totally changed my opinion of it. It really is a car that is not that photogenic.

Cheers ... Ian :)
 
Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain
Top