• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

the big box 'o' rave flyers

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
moving all my shit out of the rents house and i came across all the flyers i saved over the years way back when... hard to believe that many are a decade old already.

i still remember getting each one of them... and can still tell you exactly which parties i went to and probably where there were as well.

I think I'm going to keep them a little while longer... so many memories! :)

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
I have my box as well. I love to look through them. I will keep'em til I die. And yes hard to believe it was a decade ago. *sigh*

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
I just went through mine a few weeks ago, and kept at least one copy of every single flyer I had. I couldn't get rid of them!

Crazy going through the old WEMF flyers, the old Morpheus and Daybreaks parties from London, it was hard to believe that some of this stuff is 10 years old already.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

catilyst

TRIBE Member
3 boxes worth over here. Tried pulling out the ones I went to but that turned into an ordeal. Time flies.

At the time it was almost easy to miss a massive jam, because another would happen a week later.

Now I get nostalgic just seeing certain ares of TO on a map, or being in certain neighborhoods.

Kids today are missing out, and I'm old.

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
I couldn't tell you 3 clubs I've been to this year that tweak my memory in any meaningful way but I can almost name dates from a decade ago.

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
I threw them all... as much as they bring many memories, I felt it was time to move on. That and I have absolutely no storage place for those.

The only thing I kept was the Industry infiltrator card. (I guess that's not really big-rave related)

SmoothOperator

TRIBE Member
Hell I've kept mine, and will continue to do so for eva! Ravah fo Life! lol

Too many memories attached to them...simply cannot let them go.

mcbee

TRIBE Member
we just moved, and my box of rave stuff came with me. i love it. its a collection i'm proud to have kept.

there was a period when these flyers covered my bedroom walls, but now they reside in a box.

:)sarah

d.code

TRIBE Member
i kind of wish I kept my flyers. so many memories that I put into the recycling bin with out thinking one day.

Lurker

TRIBE Member
I just have the chemories, but those are all still clear as the day each party happenned.

I can remember the tale of just getting to and from my first one! Long story short, on the bloor offramp from DVP North, my 83 Rabbit GTi dumped oil a ton of oil, most of it hitting the clutch. My friend behind me though I had blown the motor,

Get to the party, and there's almost a riot to get in through the ONE door they had open. Had no idea who played, just had a blast. (Daybreaks, circa fall or 99, east end of Queen? just on the west side of the DVP. I still know the building and always look at it when I drive by)

Get top the cars, and my friends' was broken into. Wallet, cd's and stereo all gone. Mine would barely make 80 km/h on the 401 back to Waterloo because of the oil-soaked clutch.

Get back to my buddy's place (The Cube, for those who know in Waterloo ;)) and people are burning endless bowls and playing records all day.

Awesome.

djglobalkiller

TRIBE Promoter
i'll sell all my old rave flyers, to anyone, plus i have alot of the back tribe issues if anyone is looking for a specific number!!

unique2100

TRIBE Promoter
I'm keeping mine so many memories. I was just saying I havent been in the mood to party lately, but after 12 years I think I can take a couple weekends off.

Preroller

TRIBE Member
Lurker said:
I just have the chemories, but those are all still clear as the day each party happenned.

I can remember the tale of just getting to and from my first one! Long story short, on the bloor offramp from DVP North, my 83 Rabbit GTi dumped oil a ton of oil, most of it hitting the clutch. My friend behind me though I had blown the motor,

Get to the party, and there's almost a riot to get in through the ONE door they had open. Had no idea who played, just had a blast. (Daybreaks, circa fall or 99, east end of Queen? just on the west side of the DVP. I still know the building and always look at it when I drive by)

Get top the cars, and my friends' was broken into. Wallet, cd's and stereo all gone. Mine would barely make 80 km/h on the 401 back to Waterloo because of the oil-soaked clutch.

Get back to my buddy's place (The Cube, for those who know in Waterloo ;)) and people are burning endless bowls and playing records all day.

Awesome.

Haha! That is awesome.
I have a small box kicking around, mostly of favorite parties.
The first one I went to was Syrous 8 year, I think it was...at like the convention centre? Daft Punk, Josh Wink, Ann Savage, hmmm can't think of any other ATM...It was one of the greatest night out ever in my life, for sure.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Preroller said:
Haha! That is awesome.
I have a small box kicking around, mostly of favorite parties.
The first one I went to was Syrous 8 year, I think it was...at like the convention centre? Daft Punk, Josh Wink, Ann Savage, hmmm can't think of any other ATM...It was one of the greatest night out ever in my life, for sure.
toronto conference centre...hwy 27 and dixon road.
sadly i dont remember much about that night.
i was a mess.

joey

TRIBE Member
i have a box of rave flyers and then i have an album of flyers of parties that ive been too...

its always fun to look back...

"oh ya..............."

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
I never really kept any of mine. Most of the parties I went to I never even had a flyer for. I don't even have ones for the parties I worked on / threw..

Jonesy

TRIBE Member
i just got my box 'o flyers back from my parents, too.

funny thing, they all seem to have Tim Patrick's name on them.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
found a flyer for a party with steve lawler in toronto in 98.. i dind't even remember him being here before the time he played at a short lived weekly at atlantis in either the summer of 99 or 2000.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
Ditto Much said:
I don't even have ones for the parties I worked on / threw..

I try and keep a few flyers for all the activate events.. although i am missing a bunch. I was thinking about buying a book/photo album type of dealio to put them in.