• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The best Tobogganing Hills in Toronto!

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
My favorite hill in Toronto is Riverdale Park East. It even has moguls on the southern end.

Across the DVP there is Riverdale Park West in Cabbagetown, and there is that killer steep hill by the baseball field but I wonder if the City removes that chain-link fence thing behind the diamond by the farm so people can get a longer ride?

kirstenmeows

TRIBE Member
My crazy carpet is itching to go!! It will definitely be used when we head to the south Bruce in January. Christie Pits and Riverdale are both good, but nothing beats Mount Trashmore (aka Centennial Hill) in Etobichoke. Many many moons ago, luge run + magic carpet were the bestest. :D

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

silver1

TRIBE Member
My my yearly PSA for the start of tobogganing season:

Slediquette:

sled-i-ket n. the standard code of conduct which governs the manners of sledding in the snow.

Rule #1 - It is not proper slediquette to walk back up the hill in the center of the sledding path
Rule #2 - It is not proper slediquette if you start sledding before the path is clear. Although this one would be diminished if more people followed Rule #1

WAY more people need to re-review these basic and simple principles of sledding/tobogganing.

cosmosuave

TRIBE Member
My my yearly PSA for the start of tobogganing season:

Slediquette:

sled-i-ket n. the standard code of conduct which governs the manners of sledding in the snow.

Rule #1 - It is not proper slediquette to walk back up the hill in the center of the sledding path
Rule #2 - It is not proper slediquette if you start sledding before the path is clear. Although this one would be diminished if more people followed Rule #1

WAY more people need to re-review these basic and simple principles of sledding/tobogganing.

I kept telling my boy this on Sunday at Riverdale east... Last year we nailed a kid and his dad due to rule #1... Learn by experience I guess... If you have kids make em wear a helmet...

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Etobicoke

Esther Lorrie Park has a pretty serious steep hill. Just don't know if they put up those orange fences or not.

Hill visible from 401 between Weston rd / Islington behind Pine Point Arena.

Centennial Hill .

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

stryker

TRIBE Member
Centenial Park Hill, Hands down.

Nothing else even compares in height.

Twyn Rivers in Scaroborugh where Shepherd turns into Port Union. This is easily the biggest hill in the GTA. The city ended up destroying the bridge over the Rouge River to stop kids from accessing it. Every year there's some story about a kid breaking their neck from an inner-tube accident.

I love the hill but holy crap is it super dangerous.

stew

silver1

TRIBE Member
I kept telling my boy this on Sunday at Riverdale east... Last year we nailed a kid and his dad due to rule #1... Learn by experience I guess... If you have kids make em wear a helmet...

See, that's the thing. Kids I'll give a slight pass to on Rule #1 because they likely haven't been taught/haven't been run over yet. I'll still curse under my breath but it's at least understandable.

But the fact that the dad was with the kid, he should have known better.