• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The best Slow cooker recipes

alexd

Administrator
Staff member

I just bought my first slow cooker. I am really new at slow cooking and I am looking for the best slow cooker recipes, so please let me have your favorites.

Snuffy

TRIBE Member
Sear a roast and place it on top of a bed of chopped onions, garlic, potatoes, and carrots. The food should not touch the lid. Add some water to about 1/4 the height of the roast. Splash some liquid Bovril on top. Turn the slow cooker on low for eight hours, or on high for six hours.

After the entire thing is cooked, drain the liquid into a pot, and set aside the roast and vegetables. Cover the roast and veggies under foil while you make gravy.

Scrape the slowcooker ceramic insert with a teflon-friendly spatula and add the leftover bits to the gravy for flavour. Add more water and liquid Bovril. For texture, sprinkle some "Robin Hood Blending Flower" in the liquid. Be sure to sprinkle and stir, repeat, until the desired consistency is reached. Don't just add one big scoop of flour or it will clump. If you use another type of flower, mix the flower in a cup of cold water before blending it in with the hot liquid to avoid lumping. Heat to the desired temperature.

Now cut the roast, plate it with veggies, and douse everything with delicious gravy!

PS: I've tried slow cooking roasts in beer & wine instead of "bovril water". While booze makes for a more interesting roast, the gravy always turns out too syrupy or sweet. The Bovril-only roast is still my favourite.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I made beef stew according to a recipe on Canadian Living and the meat was dry so I cooked it a couple of hours more and the meat just came apart. I think maybe the cut my butcher gave me was too lean for slow cooking (thus the dryness), I have to practice with this thing to get perfect at it I reckon. It was tasty though.