• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The BEST keyboard + mouse

~atp~

TRIBE Member
I'm not looking for a keyboard that has ten trillion buttons on it. I want one that freakin WORKS WELL, has a nice response when pressed (soft, but clicky) and it also needs to wireless (well, I'd like it to be...)

The mouse should also be wireless, optical and have a wheel, plus a thumb-button would be nice.

I can't stand all these mouse/keyboard combos that have been coming out lately with all the excessive baggage of buttons: if you don't know how to start your mp3 player quickly and easily with the tools already at your disposal, maybe you shouldn't be using a computer at all! :p

Suggestions are welcome. :)

P.S. I own a logitech cordless duo, and the keyboard is crappy, IMO. Also, the damned thing eats batteries like there's no tomorrow.

I want quality! :D

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Astroboy

TRIBE Member
from reports I've read this week, the microsoft wireless duo is rated the best.

but I like my logitech natural wireless keyboard and my microsoft wireless intellimouse explorer..

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
I bought a keyboard for 8 bucks at Fututreshop. Its not wireless. It is geat!

The next models up were those internet hot key button filled ones, which are completely useless to me.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ChROmE

TRIBE Member
A bit biased here but check out the Wireless Optical Desktop Pro from Microsoft.

It includes the Natural Multimedia Keyboard (split) and a Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer. The mouse has the thumb buttons, new smoother scrolling wheel and the new tilt wheel for scrolling side to side.

I am using this combo right now and have no complaints. A independent study just revealed its findings and Microsoft Optical technology runs 3 times faster then Logitechs.

Check out www.microsoft.com/hardware

peace&CLICKsteady
chromeSOFT

~atp~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by pr0nstar
I'm loving my Logitech Wireless MX Combo.

Aren't the keyboards in the mx combo and the elite combo the same? (I have the elite combo).

I don't like the keyboard. It seems to be killing batteries quickly (4 AAs!) and the feeling of the keys is meh.

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
My biggest concern with Keyboard is that the keys must be in the standard place.. i can't stand the cross they make with the up/down/left/right keys on the newer keyboards.. and the insert/home row must be 3x2 not 2x3.

That being said, I like the logitech with the scroll and thumb button.. the new buttons on the MX seem pretty useless to me..

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by stir-fry
That being said, I like the logitech with the scroll and thumb button.. the new buttons on the MX seem pretty useless to me..

The MX was useful, because it gave you a free wireless setup :p

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
I prefer Logitech for Mice anyday.

The M$ ones seem to big and clunky for me.

Keyboards, I really dont' care.... I use the arrow keys the most anyways when playing my games ;)

pr0nstar

deep

TRIBE Member
do you need a wireless keyboard?

cause I think an ibm model M would suit your sensibilities.

~atp~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Astroboy
why would you avoid it?

it's the best that I've used, and I have tried most brands!

Oh it was just a quip at my annoyance with M$ in general, not about the quality of their keyboards/mice.

...I'm tempted to go for their optical pro combo, but I hate the over-sized keyboards with all those functions. The logitech scrollwheel is nice, but I don't need a "shopping" button for example. lol.

It does look nice though...
WODDP_l.jpg

deep

TRIBE Member
yes, old school, can be picked up inexpensively at any computer surplus store or via ebay...has that clicky switch mechanism for the keys, none of the extraneous crap that's found on modern keyboards...

ChROmE

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~atp~
Oh it was just a quip at my annoyance with M$ in general, not about the quality of their keyboards/mice.

...I'm tempted to go for their optical pro combo, but I hate the over-sized keyboards with all those functions. The logitech scrollwheel is nice, but I don't need a "shopping" button for example. lol.

It does look nice though...
WODDP_l.jpg

Thats actually the old PRO model. The new one includes the new IntelliMouse Explorer

10033274.jpg

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ChROmE
Thats actually the old PRO model. The new one includes the new IntelliMouse Explorer

10033274.jpg

perfect example of microsoft enginerring.. the keys on the right hand side are all messed up.. i could never get used to one of these keyboards

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
I'm not wireless with the keyboard, but i AM loving my MX700 logitech mouse.

Especially because i got it for $60 in october when it retails $100 everywhere else still.
:)

bitchass

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~atp~
Aren't the keyboards in the mx combo and the elite combo the same? (I have the elite combo).

I don't like the keyboard. It seems to be killing batteries quickly (4 AAs!) and the feeling of the keys is meh.

The keyboard in the MX combo looks the same but definately works better than the old elite combo that i had - and also now only takes 2 AA batteries. And having the rechargeable batteries in the mouse is great! It goes about a week or so between charges.

~atp~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by bitchass
The keyboard in the MX combo looks the same but definately works better than the old elite combo that i had - and also now only takes 2 AA batteries. And having the rechargeable batteries in the mouse is great! It goes about a week or so between charges.

You definitely notice a difference? I may be inclined to consider it more seriously if the keyboard has improved. I find the elite keys to have gotten very "pop"-ish (no, it's very clean, I checked, I'm meticulous around my computer)....

In other news, the IBM model M is hardcore! Damn, it's got quite a following, I might buy those for my other computers in the house (servers, playground-PCs, etc).

:)

deep

TRIBE Member
I have a model M myself, but am right now using a Viewsonic slim keyboard (has key mechanism similar to laptops...very fast and comfortable typing)