• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

the best eggs benny in town?

TheLiquidFairy

TRIBE Member
mmm eggs benny. I'll keep the places mentioned in mind when I visit the Tdot next.

Zen Cafe in Kitsilano is devine... Vancouver [blah blah blah vancouver blah blah] it's true though!

MG

coleridge

TRIBE Member
agentRC4 said:
The Jason George on Front is the best!
Wow! I have to disagree. They have the worst Benny I've ever had. Hollandaise sauce was vile. Two stale muffins and rubbery peameal, it was a disaster.

You need to go around the corner to Petite Dejeuner on King to experience.

Snuffy

TRIBE Member
KillaLadY said:
Cora's sucks, ALWAYS busy, service is beyond shit and the food is nowhere near as good as the hype.

NOT WORTH IT.

Having said that, Joy Bistro is absolute yummers.
I usually go around eight or nine in the morning and it's quiet. The eggs benny with asperagus and swiss cheese is my favorite. I also love how they serve fruit, and they don't over load the potatoes.

The Pear Tree in Cabbagetown is good too... during the summer they have a great patio in the back.

aki

TRIBE Promoter
acheron said:
Le Petit Dejeuner - King St.
it's strange. everytime i go there i order the benny and think, "too much lemon", and it throws me off. but i keep going back and ordering the same thing, so it must be good. that, or i find the blondie totally hot.

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
The best egg benny is at my place on any sunday morning around 3pm.

PS: YOu're all invited. You don't have to have sex with me the night before, but you -do- have to sleep with me, only because the apartment is just that big.

-jM
A&D

alcid

TRIBE Member
alexd said:
Joy Bistro!They have one whole menu of different kinds of eggs benny. Try the Eggs Teddy - it is like eggs benny for giants!
Yes! Joy Bistro is awesome. Try Pop as well (just down the street from Joy Bistro). They serve it on a huge soft croissant, and the hollandaise sauce is some of the best I've ever tasted.

emigre

TRIBE Member
Jeffsus said:
The best egg benny is at my place on any sunday morning around 3pm.

PS: YOu're all invited. You don't have to have sex with me the night before, but you -do- have to sleep with me, only because the apartment is just that big.

-jM
A&D
I'll be in Nagoya next Sunday ;)

peko

TRIBE Member
Sunset Grill (Bloor West) was ok - super busy, huge line-up, fresh waffles and the waitress refilled coffee without even asking. But, haven't tried the one in Roncesville yet.

Firewood Grill (Roncesville)
is waaay better. Awesome service, very clean and super comfortable, great menu. (#1 pick in this house)

Lunch Box
(Bloor W at Keele) - organic/freetrade coffee, fresh, homemade foods (healthier menu choice), use REAL BELGIAN chocolate in Hot Chocolate, sell organic drinks. Lots of regulars seem to go there for breakfast/lunch. You order at the counter, feels like an old school diner kinda place. (Closed on Holidays - independently owned)

Easy (Queen West) was pretty good - super fresh juice, use baguettes instead of toast, and great service for a super busy place.

Last edited:

gasper

TRIBE Member
Another vote for Le Petit Dejeuner.
That lemony twist in the Hollandaise is brilliant, and the pickle and apple salad is a delicious way to finish brunch.
10/10

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
we just came back from sunset grill today. no eggs benny, but the food was pretty standard and unexciting.

I don't eat benny of course, but I love runny yolks and hollandaise, so any veg version I love. well, i'll east smoked salmon sometime. at rustic cosmo they also offer it with portobello mushrooms or grilled peppers. so good. and necessary now that you can't get florentine anywhere, with the spinach thing.

i had the tostada at easy when we went. it was really good.

starr

TRIBE Member
TaCk OnE? said:
very good spot.

I also like Saving grace, Insomnia, and Fire on the east side.
That crab cakes and eggs benny thing at fire on the east side sounds amazing. That is definitely my next brunch target. Then saving grace and finally Le Petit Dejeuner.

I just wanted to share that I just went to Swan and had eggs benedict and can't remember anywhere that I've had it that's better. It's just the right amount of hollandaise sauce, while still tasting healthy.

Delicious.

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
mm, we went to rustic yesterday and spinach is available again! the other thing I love there is that in one order you can switch up what the two pieces are - i had florentine and the smoked salmon, yummilicious!

Metal Morphosis

TRIBE Member
TheLiquidFairy said:
mmm eggs benny. I'll keep the places mentioned in mind when I visit the Tdot next.

Zen Cafe in Kitsilano is devine... Vancouver [blah blah blah vancouver blah blah] it's true though!

MG
DUDE! i LOVEEEEEED Zen Cafe.
Many hungover breakfasts were had there. One of the few thigns i miss about vancouver... that and the sushi.

Jennika

TRIBE Member
SWAN on queen west does an amazing eggs benny... but you generally have to wait for about 10 minutes on weekends to get a table