• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The best breads for toasting

Snuffy

TRIBE Member
I think Rye bread has to be the best bread for toasting. It comes out perfectly crisp on the outside and nice and tender in the middle.

I really wish more restaurants would offer that with their breakfast instead of Wonderbread-type loafs. Is that the standard loaf worldwide or is it just in North America?

Snuffy

TRIBE Member
It's not just a cool story. It's a cool discussion on the best breads for toasting. You are most welcome to take part in this discussion.

I also like caraway bread for toasting. Do you like caraway bread too, xtcfreak?

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
Actually, authentic *Italian-style* bread is the best for toasting.

But besides that, yeah, Rye bread. A staple for me.

Fuck wonderbread and all that prefab bread. That's for kids.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

awwnaw

TRIBE Member
Caraway rye is heaven. I can't find it where am. :( I live for toasted rye. I like mine with a smear of laughing cow and a couple of slaps of avocado and some ground pepper. Daily breakfast.

Snuffy

TRIBE Member
Actually, authentic *Italian-style* bread is the best for toasting.

But besides that, yeah, Rye bread. A staple for me.

Fuck wonderbread and all that prefab bread. That's for kids.
That's interesting... I think of Italian bread as close to French bread. It's great for making crispy croutons but not soft-in-the-middle toast. But then again the only Italian bread I know is that Italinao! Canadian brand that pretends to be Italian but is probably the Swiss Chalet of breads.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories