1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The best beer in the world...

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by unique2100, Apr 3, 2010.

1. unique2100

unique2100 TRIBE Promoter

Innis & Gunn cast in oak barrels for 30 days. *Swoon*
  2. Booty Bits

Booty Bits TRIBE Member

it's delicious, but i can't drink more than 1 in an evening.
  3. unique2100

I love 'em. Beats the fuck out of their 3.4-4% beers here. I can't believe they fancy themselves drinkers here (Edinburgh). I see people laid out on the ground at 8 pm; I can't even drink their normal beer, I just get bloaty and a headache.

That's right all UK drinkers are pussies, 4% for shame on you.

This being said the Innis rings in it 6.4% and the rum cast ones at 7.2% but neither of them taste boozy.

The one pictured here has an amazing oak,vanilla taste. Kind of what a cream ale would be in Canada. Except it's not bloaty or artificially created. The flavor comes from the whiskey barrels.
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  4. Bernnie Federko

Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

i loathe the vanilla. it's the mark of a drink maker who's pandering to the masses. it's true in wine vintners, as well as beer brewers. overrated. not a bad beer, but not great.
  5. Inv si le

Inv si le TRIBE Promoter

6. unique2100

I hear you. Except that taste isn't derived from the ingredients in the beer (or an marketing attempt at a certain flavor of beer), but a bi-product of the whiskey barrels. Hence the no bloaty, but hate on.
  7. Psyrel

Psyrel TRIBE Member

I adore the rum cask ones.... yummy.
  8. TaCk OnE?

TaCk OnE? TRIBE Member

not into it.

and I LOVE beer.
  9. enjiro

enjiro TRIBE Member

Are you out of your mind? Nothing can beat a Belgian Trappist beer.
  10. Sleepy Giant

Sleepy Giant TRIBE Member

Not in my top 10...
  11. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

12. Pyrovitae

Pyrovitae TRIBE Member

in one sentence you say that 4% deserves shame but the innis runs at 6.4%? fail. uk beer runs the gamut of abv, even tennents makes a 4% and a 9% super.

my anecdote beats your anecdote: i'm in scotland too at the moment and yesterday we went here: The Scottish Real Ale Shop Buy beer online Real Ales Scotland Beer Festival Callander Loch Lomond Trossachs Buy beer online, Scottish Beers & Ales, Orkney Skullsplitter, Dark Island, Red McGregor, Shiehallion, Northern Light, Bitter and Twisted, Inni over 100 scottish beers, some of them up to 10% abv, and all the ones we bought were delicious. i particularly liked the colonsay lager.

anyway, everyone knows the best beer in the world is belgian.
  13. unique2100

I in fact was speaking in great generality about the beers available in most pubs and clubs here. I'm not usually in to high percentage beers 5-7% is a good range. My comment on percentage was more of a comment on the beers we have readily available at home (which in fact are the same ones readily available here) having less alcohol then at home.

Did you really use fail in a sentence? It's 2010 calm down. No need to get upset lots of places have lots of great beers. I was just trying to make a light hearted thread about one which I love. You sound like one of those angry drunk dudes laid out in the streets at 8 p.m.,that I mentioned earlier.
  14. Pyrovitae

Pyrovitae TRIBE Member

lol, that's totes me.

or maybe i just have a hate on for people who go someplace and slag off the local population, their food, drink or customs. i'm glad you think you're morally superior to the 'pussies' you're surrounded by because of your apparently higher alcohol tolerance. sounds like i'd need several pints to be able to stand your company too.

anyway, as you suggested, it's time for me to drink a bottle of whisky and pass out on the street - it's almost three o'clock and i'm not wasted yet!!111!

15. unique2100

LOL Wow someone's sarcasm meter is broken.
  16. Pyrovitae

Pyrovitae TRIBE Member

because that's not sarcasm?

sarcasm is when apparent praise conceals another, more scornful meaning. it's supposed to be the literal opposite of what is actually said.

it's also supposed to be witty.
  17. unique2100

# S: (n) sarcasm, irony, satire, caustic remark (witty language used to convey insults or scorn) "he used sarcasm to upset his opponent"; "irony is wasted on the stupid"; "Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own"

   /ˈtæmpɒn/ Show Spelled[tam-pon] Show IPA
    a plug of cotton or the like for insertion into an orifice, wound, etc., chiefly for absorbing blood or stopping hemorrhages.
    such a plug used for absorbing menstrual flow, esp. one that is manufactured commercially.
  18. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

we can get that stuff here to dude. It's good for a specialty beer. It's no Bellevue Kriek, but it's worth drinking.
  19. unique2100

Sorry I was referring to Canadian produced not availability.

Was just trying to start a fun thread. Anyways before someone else chimes in I realize that "best" is a relative term. In fact there is no single best beer in the world. Nor is this my favorite beer of all time. I've just been enjoyin' me some Innis & Gunn lately.

Enjoy your day and enjoy your beers ladies. (Yes a realize some of you may in fact be men.);)
  20. Pyrovitae

Pyrovitae TRIBE Member

*sigh*. fine, if you're resorting to copying and pasting definitions:

sarcasm: Hostile, critical comments expressed in an ironic way such as saying "don't work too hard" to a lazy worker. The use of irony introduces an element of humour which may make the criticism seem more polite and less aggressive.

it's closely related to irony, which is defined as:

a.The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
    b.An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.

so if by pussies you meant 'not pussies' and if by passing out at 8 pm you meant 'they can drink until the wee hours of the morning', then yes, you would be applying sarcasm. but that wasn't really your intention, was it?

this is making me want a beer. enjoy your holiday, i'm going to go and enjoy mine.
  21. unique2100

Holy fuck *golf clap* You figured it out. I have lots of Scottish friends and yes we do enjoy drinkin' to the wee hours of the morning. Hence the SARCASM.

Now go have an Innis & Gunn and chill out.
  22. Pyrovitae

Pyrovitae TRIBE Member

oh i'm pretty chilled out.

but you seem to need the innis and gunn more than i do as you sound like a worked up douche.
  23. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

I like that they sell it in big bottles, so I can make believe I'm not an alcoholic because I only had 2-3 beers.
  24. catilyst

catilyst TRIBE Member

It's funny cause you've got one guy pointing out that using 'fail' is lame then he goes and does a 'golf clap'. AND there's actual definitions being tossed around too.

Prolly be a 'face palm' by the time I post this.
  25. PF9K

PF9K TRIBE Member