• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The Beat Freakers - Ghetto Cardio [House/Breaks/The Business]

Iatemyslipmat

TRIBE Member

(many thanks to Nexus for the great cover art)

It's been a while since we've done one of these, but Adam was recently down in Chicago pulling some production work with me, and we couldn't resist doing another mix. I hope you all enjoy it.

The Beat Freakers - Ghetto Cardio

1. Mobilegazer - My House (General Midi Mix) [Kilowatt]
2. Atomic Hooligan - Seven 10 Split (Extended Atomic Hooligan Mix) [Botchit + Scarper]
3. Lee Coombs + Andy Gardner - Obsessional Rhythm (Atomic Hooligan Mix) [Fingerlickin]
4. Phonik - Don't Stop The Funk (In Da Club Mix) [Sound Division]
5. Disco Darlings - Freaks (Vox Mix) [Audio Friction]
6. Ian Carey - Prince Uptown [So True Recordings]
7. DJ DLG - The Drums (Original Mix) [Fine Tune]
8. Da Fresh - Back 4 Ya (Da Fresh Remix) [Weaked]
9. Kid Massive feat. Tigerlily - Bring It On [Blow Media]
10. Supa Channel - Highlight [Chateau Funk]
11. Dab Hands - Supergood (Original Mix) [Ten Records]
12. 16th Avenue - Down Inside [White]
13. DJ Dan - Green Whore [White]
14. Novy vs. Eniac - Pumpin' (Original mix) [Positiva]
15. Aaron Smith feat. Luvli - Dancin (Fuzzy Hair Vocal Mix) [Boss]
16. Body Rockers - I Like The Way (Junior Jack Dub Mix) [Mercury]
17. Kraft Punk - DP Is Bootlegged At My House [White]
18. Rennie Pilgrem - Gladiator (High Eight Mix) [TCR]
19. Move-Ya + Steve Lavers - Rock Me (Steve Lavers Remix) [Audio Bug]

le bricoleur

TRIBE Member
I've only started listening to it, but it looks like these guys have done it again. The Lee Coombs track is disgusting!!

More review to come later.

~b

JuNiOrR

TRIBE Member
your mixes always destroy... can't wait to hear this... have to wait until I'm home with my own computer though :(

HouseHeathen

TRIBE Member
I hope everyone enjoys this as much as 'Booyakasha,' 'Underground Burlesque,' and 'A Cut Above.' We had a great time putting it together, and I think that is reflected in the overall mood of the mix.

assassaint

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by HouseHeathen
I hope everyone enjoys this as much as 'Booyakasha,' 'Underground Burlesque,' and 'A Cut Above.' We had a great time putting it together, and I think that is reflected in the overall mood of the mix.
dudes i dont know how do you do this, but keep on doing it.

after really really enjoying first 3 mixes i was eagerly waiting for download to finish and BOOM, you did it again.

great work, really awesome mix. now i wanna hear you live ????

Kid Massive feat. Tigerlily - Bring It On [Blow Media] <-- GODDAMN, this tune makes me wanna bust A move ("A" being very important part of that sentence)

le bricoleur

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by assassaint

great work, really awesome mix. now i wanna hear you live.
its all about seeing these guys live. there mixes are energetic but pale in comparison to their stage presence.

Highlight tracks:

Disco Darlings - Freak

Kid Massive - Bring it On

Supa Channel - Highlight (the french still manage to prove their superiority over us despite Thomas Bangalter's poor showing as of late)

solid, solid, solid programming. tight mixing too. i'm enjoying the fact that your letting your tracks run a little bit longer too. the energy is still right up there with your other quick-mixed sets.

~b

digiram79

TRIBE Member
OMG, I nearly shat my pants when I heard the remix of that jack track that I think was originally produced by Les Rhythems Digitals. Or did you guys just sample that and remixed live??? I don't know, and I don't care that was just rockin....OMG...Wait I'm hearing a sample from Comsos Take me with you as well on that track....This shit is sick and fun as hell....Listening and typing at the same time...lol

digiram79

TRIBE Member
Actually, nice remix by dj Dan. Now I know why it's a white label ;). Great work Dan and thanks Beat Freakers for bringing us this very very nice mix. :D

digiram79

TRIBE Member
Wrong again. It's the other white label before the dJ dan track that I was praising, but dan's track is off the hook as well.

HouseHeathen

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by digiram79
Actually, nice remix by dj Dan. Now I know why it's a white label ;). Great work Dan and thanks Beat Freakers for bringing us this very very nice mix. :D
'Green Whore' is one ridiculous party track. The first time I heard it, I just thought 'what the fuck?' Then I listened to it a few more times, and I realized this is the type of track that isnt really put out enough: the type of track that is all about having a good time in spite of any musical pretensions. I mean for fuck's sake, there is a huge burp right as the track hits its first breakdown, and then it goes into the full-on Green Day sample which I think is brilliantly produced.

Iatemyslipmat

TRIBE Member
great work, really awesome mix. now i wanna hear you live ????
many thanks :)

I would imagine we'll have something in Toronto in the next few months. I don't think we've ever gone more than 3-4 without a gig up there.

HouseHeathen

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by le bricoleur

Highlight tracks:

Supa Channel - Highlight (the french still manage to prove their superiority over us despite Thomas Bangalter's poor showing as of late)

~b
The Supa Channel record is incredible. Chateau Funk has turned into one of the best kept secrets in funky house. I have never heard of any of their artists doing work for any other label, and I have never even seen their stuff in any record stores in North America - aside from places online.

JuNiOrR

TRIBE Member
fawk... still have yet to hear this in it's entirity...

can't wait to hear this and see you throw down soon!

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
This is a wicked mix.

You've outdone yourselves boys, this really transitions well from breaks to four to the floor. I really dig track four, that's what big room funky house is all about.

Then there's the monster that is Dan's Green Whore, the belch actually scared me, I can imagine this blowing up a venue like the BLC at a Dose party, in fact this whole set sort of remined me of that sound. BPT after BPT.

Where did you snag Green Whore? I haven't seen it for sale....

Top notch work, gents.

Spencer D

HouseHeathen

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Spinsah
dancerecords.com?
They have had several of the big funky house jocks do exclusive - or near exclusive - boots for them. BBB, Smooth & Flores, Charles Feelgood, and Bryan Cox have all done stuff that I have seen only on their site - aside from record from the three Chicagoians which I saw in Gramaphone there. As far as boots go, they are some of the better produced and better sounding boots out there. I mean if enormous belches don't equal a good record, I don't know what does.

Oh and Brendan, we didn't have time for food stamps. :)