• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The Audio Nerd thread

The Kid

TRIBE Member
Looking to try and find a gently used pair of Totem Rokk speakers for what I call my "front room".

Main system is in the basement but as the weather gets nicer, I find myself spending more time in my front room and basking in the sun in the afternoon.

Nothing fancy up front but a simple amp that I can run my laptop through and decent, quality speakers.
I recently noticed Planet of Sound has some decent deals in their used listings...

Used – Planet of Sound

may be worth a poke around...

deep

TRIBE Member
I haven't felt too compelled to use headphones at home as I prefer the sound / spatial presentation of my home theater setup. Kind of gave up on high end headphones at home a long time ago, but still have good ones for different use cases.

That said I got some Sony 7506's on a lark given their prestige amongst recording studios and boy are these a homerun for product design. Great balanced presentation, comfortable, great value. As a product geek it's amazing these things hit the right design points decades ago and have just been keeping it real since.