• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The Apprentice

SuperKennyK

TRIBE Member
Who watched The Apprentice and what did you think about it?

I thought it was a great show, especially at the end where the dudes got grilled by Trump and his Viceroys.

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
yeah good show - I will for sure be tuneing in - a guy at my work just bitched everyone out for watching reality tv hahah he said that canadians put The Simple Life on the map - we were the ones that watched it the most - hahha it is kinda sad...

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by junglegirl
yeah good show - I will for sure be tuneing in - a guy at my work just bitched everyone out for watching reality tv hahah he said that canadians put The Simple Life on the map - we were the ones that watched it the most - hahha it is kinda sad...
If we watch this garbage we're just encoruaging them to make more!! I want Quality TV shows like 24 & Gilmore Girls!

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
I got into it too, though the contest was totally one sided. In the absence of a real product the girls got to sell their kisses. There is no way the guys could have thought up a way to outsell the girls when their lemonade sold for 5 to 20 dollars a glass!

I think the point of the first test was to pump up the girl's confidence and shake the boy's confidence.

They turfed the right guy. He was a drip and a marshmellow. Someone who gets their MD and MDA and then becomes a consultant has no balls or asperations in my mind.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
interesting concept but it's a frustrating show because the contestants suck. are those really the best business minds they could find for the show? howbout finding some people with a little genuine creativity?

trump's apartment looks like a nice museum but why the fuck would anyone want to live in a place like that?

his fiance is gorgeous. a definite step up from his ivana/marla days.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

thom100

TRIBE Member
I saw it , it and it is a good show.

it will be interesting to see how it all plays out , and if they keep the teams the way they are for the entire show.

The guy that got fired should have, what a noob the way he was chasing the bike rider.

It is just one big adverstisment for Donald though.

and you would think with ALL his money something, I mean anything could be done about his hair?

fishbulb

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Klubmasta Will
interesting concept but it's a frustrating show because the contestants suck. are those really the best business minds they could find for the show? howbout finding some people with a little genuine creativity?
do you think the real, smart business minds would leave their probable secure, high paying jobs for a 1 in whatever chance at 15 minutes of fame on a goofy tv show?

SuperKennyK

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Klubmasta Will

trump's apartment looks like a nice museum but why the fuck would anyone want to live in a place like that?

his fiance is gorgeous. a definite step up from his ivana/marla days.

I agree, these people did not seem like Harvard Business minds. Especially some of the guys. They did not appear to be very bright.

SuperKennyK

TRIBE Member
I usually say that I hate reality shows and I rarely watch them. But with this show, I was hooked right away. It probably helped that the women were pretty hot too.

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
That 23 year old real estate agent was one hot mama! That body rocks boy.

I loved Donald's house! It was so beyond the beyond. Why not, right? When you're a billionaire why not turn one of your several homes into an opulent museum piece.

I love Donald's trophy girl too. When that one girl told her "you are very lucky" (to be living in a palace) she said "Well Donald's lucky too" (meaning he gets to fuck her.)

It was a good laugh. Suck his dick again, lady. You've been bought and soon you'll probably be sold.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by fishbulb
do you think the real, smart business minds would leave their probable secure, high paying jobs for a 1 in whatever chance at 15 minutes of fame on a goofy tv show?
sure they would.

people who compete at that level could either get a leave of absence or find a new job relatively easily.

most people want to be celebrities, even if it's only for a day.

i think the producers purposely pick people who are not all that. it allows viewers to feel smarter and better about themselves. it also encourages people to yell at their tv screens.

Originally posted by Evil Dynovac
That 23 year old real estate agent was one hot mama! That body rocks boy.
the only girl on that show that was pretty was the one who got lost. very cute but she needs an eyebrow pluck.

Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Psyklone

TRIBE Promoter
I saw the show. It was funny.

Trump annoys the hell out of me though. I feel that his attitude is a bit forced for the cameras, same for his left-hand man (that old dude).

Not the most flattering picture, but damn...

Psyklone

Liquidity

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Evil Dynovac
I got into it too, though the contest was totally one sided. In the absence of a real product the girls got to sell their kisses. There is no way the guys could have thought up a way to outsell the girls when their lemonade sold for 5 to 20 dollars a glass!
granted. what bugged me, though, was the mens' reaction at the end where they were all turfing out each other. geez... what kind of leadership does it show when they're not willing to take responsibility? further, nobody came right out and said that they did alright considering they lacked the tits for this assignment...

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by fishbulb
I think there are a lot of people out there, running their own business or making ends meet creatively that could qualify for this show, intellectually speaking.
T'is not the MBA and the job at Morgan Stanley that makes a good business person

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

bitchass

TRIBE Member
I doubt the guys really realised to what extent the girls whored themselves out - they probably didn't get to watch a tape of the other teams day; if they did they wouldn't have been so upset about the loss.

i think the whole thing was done knowing in advance that the girls would win and they just wanted to get a feel for each contestant. except for their location, the guys had a pretty good plan and got free cups, ice and the cart thing while the girls went out and spent their money on frozen lemonade and just mixed everything in buckets on the sidewalk?!

if sam had convinced that guy to pay $1000 he would have been the hero of the entire series and the other guys know that which is why, i think, they wanted to get rid of him.

noodle

TRIBE Member
I think if the girls showed their hooters they would have sold EVEN MORE lemonade.

Considering they're americans, I'm actually surprised they didn't.

I dig the show though...very interesting and relavent subject matter ineed. It's the ultimate "chasing after the american dream" reality show. And who better to represent sleazy, rich, uber successful american business man than Donald Trump?

I'm sure we're going to see some major back stabing and good old fashion NASTINESS going on.

Bring it on!!!!!

Liquidity

TRIBE Member
another thing that bugs me:

did you notice how thin the women were? the show implies that only attractive women are successful in america (and so further implies that women are successful by sleeping their way to the top).

Liquidity

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by bitchass
if sam had convinced that guy to pay $1000 he would have been the hero of the entire series and the other guys know that which is why, i think, they wanted to get rid of him.
i did like the way he stood up for himself at the end (even though he might have been just a tad over the top).

mr phd looked bitter in the limo. "at least i can take consolation knowing that my IQ is higher than the 15 other guys. i guess there's no correlation between selling lemonade and IQ". pffft. there's little correlation between IQ and ANY kind of success...

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Liquidity
another thing that bugs me:

did you notice how thin the women were? the show implies that only attractive women are successful in america (and so further implies that women are successful by sleeping their way to the top).
Its television - sex and beauty sells!