• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The anti-whining/bitching/moaning thread

skyparty

TRIBE Member
March Break Camp is over, and I had a blast~! I hadn't done camp in a good 5 years, and it went well! I was involved with a lot of program planning, and I am happy that most of my ideas went off amazingly!

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
- New job starting april 5th
- going to New York City on April 1st for the Easter long weekend
- getting a new roommate!
- have awesome friends and I can't wait for this Earth Hour pot luck that i'm going to tomorrow!

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
i'm so grateful for my highschool peeps. they make me feel so normal, so invincible, so real.

in other news, i'm going gym hunting today! i can't wait!

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
^ lol.

Auditions for the talent show were today. No, omg moments but some very good acts. A fabulous one with speed cupping though. My student leadership couldn't stop gasping at how fast she was.

Two boys who play electric guitar and sang were awesome. They're both in grade 6 and the grade 8 girls were all, "They're sooo cute!". And there was one boy who sang by himself but held the mic stand in a death grip. Once I stopped him and took the stand away, giving him the mic, he was amazing! He started to sway those hips like he was channeling Elvis. :)

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
It's stacking and unstacking plastic cups very fast. I know it sounds a little strange, but I was pretty hyped when she told me (I always love something different), and it surpassed my expectations. She did it to 'Flight of the bumblebee'.

Now I'm thinking glow-in-the dark cups. I think this would punch it up. She says there are some but they're about $40. I'll buy them. Either that, or some 60's "I am the Wolfman' (Hilarious House of Frankenstein) graphics on the screen behind her.

My computer is screwed and I haven't fixed it yet so I can't see youtube vids on this. I'll find some tomorrow and post after work.

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
ok then!!! :p

I think white cups would glow if you just put a blacklight up, no?
course it would probably cost more for a blacklight than some cups, but at least you could use the blacklight again for future school things or home rave parties.

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
Here it is, but my student's faster and does numerous stacks, and it lasts longer which is always good for a show :p

grumblegirl

TRIBE Member
Pretty much everything that CAN be packed 10 days in advance of a move, IS packed. :)

Just a few little things left which I'll take care of slowly, and the then the stuff we use every day, which will get done the evening before the move.

Yay! (I hate packing, and I am so so so happy I don't have to spend the entire 4-day weekend doing it!!)

penelope

TRIBE Member
That's awesome GG!!!!!! :)

Just reading your posts is giving me anxiety attacks about our move. Gack. I can't even begin to wrap my head around trying to pack up all of our stuff to move 3 provinces over with a 4 year old, 2 year old, and what will be a 6week old baby. And the 20+hr drive with all in tow plus 2 cats... I think I'm hyperventilating.

Woops, wrong thread!!

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member

Just reading your posts is giving me anxiety attacks about our move. Gack. I can't even begin to wrap my head around trying to pack up all of our stuff to move 3 provinces over with a 4 year old, 2 year old, and what will be a 6week old baby. And the 20+hr drive with all in tow plus 2 cats... I think I'm hyperventilating.

Woops, wrong thread!!
reading that just gave me an anxiety attack.

grumblegirl

TRIBE Member

Woops, wrong thread!!
Enlist as many people to help as possible - especially 'nanny-time' (getting the kids out of your hair so you can pack without having to repack everything they decide they absolutely NEED out of hte box RIGHT NOW) and you'll be fine.

The cross-country trip, I have no advice about. Gah. Any way to fly/take the train with the kids and have someone else drive your car out? Regardless... eep. :O

Oh, and buy boxes for the move. Lots of them. Preferably from a place that takes back whatever you don't use, so you can buy a bajillion and not run out on the day when your lovely friends happen to have taken your kids out so you could get some serious packing done. You have kids are are way too busy to go begging at the LCBO when you can just go to U-haul or wherever and buy boxes which will stack nicely, close fully, and definitely not have bugs. :)

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
^^that being said... I can probably get a shit-ton of boxes for you if you want them. Huge ones for pillows/blankets (light items) and smaller ones for... other stuff.

Let me know. I have to make an appointment to get my tires done and my (former) workplace is a block away. It'll be nothing to give the warehouse guys a call to pick up a few dozen (although, I may need trade off the kids to fit them in the car).

penelope

TRIBE Member
Thanks guys. We kept all of our boxes from the last move so I'm good. I acutally used to be a professional packer for a moving company in university so I can do it quite quickly when I have the peace to do so... it's more the going through everything and deciding what we can live without for a bit, what we can throw out, you know, all that time consuming work.
I'm sure the fear of the unknown is a factor too. As much as this is a move we really want to make and are really looking forward to, it's going to be such a huge upheaval that it's all just a little overwhelming at times.

Persephone

TRIBE Member
wahoo! invited to give a presentation in Atlanta and within my faculty, and nominated for a faculty award. 2010 could be my year!

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
penelope, where are you guys moving to?
i thought you were moving back to downtown TO! I guess a lot has changed since i saw you last year!

penelope

TRIBE Member
We did move back downtown and we'll be moving to Wolfville, NS in September, providing all works out!!!
Then we're going to start an ex-raver hippie commune...you're all invited!! :)

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
my hubby just got a letter from immigration saying that his visa is ready and waiting for him to pick it up!! he might be here next weekend! i can't believe it! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!! WE GET TO SPEND THE SUMMER TOGETHER! WE GET TO SPEND THE REST OF OUR LIVES TOGETHER! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
my hubby just got a letter from immigration saying that his visa is ready and waiting for him to pick it up!! he might be here next weekend! i can't believe it! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!! WE GET TO SPEND THE SUMMER TOGETHER! WE GET TO SPEND THE REST OF OUR LIVES TOGETHER! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!
Maria. That is fantastic news. I'm so excited for you AND for him to finally meet his little man. Can't wait to meet him.

WOO WOOO!!!

peko

TRIBE Member
:D woo!!hoo!! together at last, together forever!