• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The anti-whining/bitching/moaning thread

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Yes, we do actually have times where we are proud or happy and not bitching, whining or moaning!

Share what's making you feel good today girls...

For me, today, it's the fact that it's thursday and I have new music to play with tonight. and I have the apartment to myself for the next 2 hours! I might go shopping. :eek:

kmac

TRIBE Member
I am kicking ass and busting heads at my new job. Things are good! So I ordered Swiss Chalet and ate so much I feel like I'm going to be sick. It was awesome.

ps: I much prefer this thread! People tend to focus on and talk about the bad, and ignore the things that make them happy or proud or whatever.

Last edited:

Persephone

TRIBE Member
1. I have joined a running group at the Y and went for my first run yesterday. I actually managed to stay in the middle of the pack which is great considering there were some very experienced runners in there. I ran 5K and managed to come away shin splint-free (I"m not a pronater, but I have other foot problems)!! This is a significant achievement for me, since I hate running and have resisted it for years.

2. Today I had chicken and ribs for lunch at the chicken'n'ribs fest. yuuuum..

the gatekeeper

TRIBE Member
After a terrible day at work and being in a bitchy mood all day, I'm happy now! :)

I just got home from a High Park doggy date with my friends and their dog. Both our pups had a blast. She's now chilling at my feet, I've got ice cream and the sunset tonight was gorgeous. I'm contemplating smoking a bowl but I fear that might mean eating too much of said ice cream.

angelsole

TRIBE Member
i am super super excited that i only have four more days to work before my summer vacation. yahooooo summer!!!

also i am happy that i went to the gym and got a killer workout :)

the gatekeeper

TRIBE Member
So i went ahead and ate too much ice cream and then I smoked the bowl. But then I flossed and brushed so I wouldn't be tempted for more.

the gatekeeper

TRIBE Member
How long is your vacation for angelsole? I'm taking the 1st week of july off, but it's for a course so it's not a really relaxing week off.

JESuX

TRIBE Member
woohooo!!!!

i did my hair myself and didn't totally fuck it up!

it went *just* the colour i wanted it to, and is sooo close to my natural colour - i'm a happy camper!

the best part - my hair actually feels like *HAIR* again!

:D

ila

TRIBE Member
my new pad rocks

I like my body where it's at now

it's my best friend's birthday tomorrow

I love everyone I work with

I have 99 problems but a bitch ain't one

IgStar

TRIBE Member
I finally went to the canuck meeting here and met a boatload of new people!

AND they'll totally help with my resume and anything else I need assistance with.

Go Team Helping Fellow Canadians!

and next week I am enrolling again in german school.

:)
keep my eyes on the prize.

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
What keeps me sane is that there are 31 days left until my trip to Romania. The closer I get, the more my dreams are vivid and they are all about being back home.

m0ff

TRIBE Member
I'm going home to Kingston tomorrow! and I have a friend coming down from London tonight whom I haven't seen in almost a year! :D

kmac

TRIBE Member
IgStar said:

AND they'll totally help with my resume and anything else I need assistance with.

:D :D :D

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
IgStar said:

Do they serve poutine and maple syrup at these meetings?

Skipper

TRIBE Member
I had a small coffee and I'm really really wired! It seems my tolerance to caffeine is back to a normal level.

Also, it's friday and it's pride!

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Hey sugar, I saw you this morning, you were going down the stairs at the Queen subway station. I was running late for work, otherwise I would have said "hello". :)

IgStar

TRIBE Member
kmac said:

totally babe.
and I am not even kick myself in the ass for not going sooner.

I went and I will continue going! and now, I research what a swiss CV looks like and get it out there.
(there was like 30 cdns. that showed up!)

I feel like a weight has been lifted. :D

mayab

TRIBE Member
I'm going to go to David Morales tonight. I love dancing outside in the open air, it has been six months since I've done that so I'm really excited!

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
i saw Mark Oliver last night and he makes me giddy with glee!
weeeeee!

I'M GETTING TURNTABLES! if all goes well, Tuesday!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sooooooooo excited (but pretty terrified!!)
eye on the prize (which is to have a blast!!)

AND IT'S PRIDE! happy pride to all the ladies (and boys) in da house!

Gfunkdiva

TRIBE Member
I'm finally making headway on a HUGE project I've been given at work. I sat my boss down this morning and made him turn off his blackberry and listen to me. Now he thinks that I'm spectacular and amazing and he wants to send me on a cross-country road show promoting and educating 3000 employees on our visual identity and marketing standards.

And it's pride and I have Monday off! AND everybody at work even knows about how hard I'm going to party this weekend and they're all jealous that they're straight!!!