1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The Animatrix

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by atomic, Aug 27, 2003.

1. atomic

atomic TRIBE Member

bought it awhile ago. watched it tonight while drinking white wine.

blown away - the subtexts to the matrix trilogy shed so much more light. the stories alone stand strong. the visual style is amazing.

I wasn't prepared for the final chapter in the animatrix story "matriculated".

never before have I seen such visual ambition since blade runner, maybe even surpassing it in some ways. I am left speechless, amazed, and dumbfounded.

Now I'm going to walk down the street and get the matrix and watch it again with new focus and vigor. the remaining bottle of red will help with that too.

cheers,
    a

2. atomic

atomic TRIBE Member

aw, no replies.

well I'm watching the matrix again and I'm enjoying it like it's the first time again.

cheers,
    a

3. ian

ian TRIBE Member

I need to watch this.

4. Static EQ

Static EQ TRIBE Member

I was never a Matrix fan until I saw the Animatrix..

Awesome

5. atomic

atomic TRIBE Member

It really does let me see the matrix (which came out in 99) in a whole new way. the ways it works with it is seamless.

I remember being somewhat dissapointed with the matrix 2... I'll be curoius to see when it comes out on dvd if I can find new interest with it.

cheers,
    a

6. The Peej

The Peej TRIBE Member

TOTALLY makes watching the movies much more intersting... I'd love to see some other movies have the same sort of spin off other storyline animation type "further explain the univers: eices done for them.

Peej