• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The All-Encompassing Suit Thread about Suits

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Aerius Zension said:
If you mean the dark haired european woman, I think I can agree. Hi I'm God had a pretty bad experience with her.
No, it's the African-Canadian woman. Every time I go suit shopping with someone, they always say "oh, let's go in there." I roll my eyes and follow. And the woman just comes over and takes over the consultation. And I just want to be like "bitch, I know what I'm doing. Stop giving him jackets that are one size too big!"

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
I need a dry cleaner recommendation. Haven't had to dry clean any of my suits before and want one I can trust not to fuck it up. Anyone?

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
Got 4 suits I need hemmed up and all that. Are cuffs in or straight leg? Most of my suits it not all of them I wear have cuffs.

2/2?

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Got my Maxwell delivery today.

It's definitely a $500 suit. Not incredible quality or stylish but it is worth $500. The tailoring is good but a little too boxy. It's not amazingly sharp but can be with the right corrections. The pants fit perfectly but probably because I suggested that they pattern it after the pants I had on that day.

The shirts are PERFECT in every way: quality, cut, details... I just wish we could choose our own monogram colours.

The issue I have with it is that I'll have to get this cinched in but then again, I am only paying $535 for this and three shirts. I told them to make the jacket skinnier but I think they aired on the side of caution. Not enough time to send it back for reconfigurations.

Anyone recommend a tailor for "skinny-ing" up this suit? The one I go to doesn't have a good turnaround time.

Oh and $126 for the COD! That's crazy!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
MoFo said:
Oh and $126 for the COD! That's crazy!

To be fair, they listed the duty charge on the receipt.

I hope I have a package waiting for me when I get home, can't wait to see what mine looks like.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I thought it was like $90?
Ah well.

Now I need a tailor though to cinch it before Thursday evening! Eek!

MoFo

TRIBE Member
E-mailed Maxwell's head office and made a complaint.

They were very quick and responsive.

They recommended 6 tailors in the city that I can get complimentary work done to my satisfaction.

FANTASTIC CUSTOMER SERVICE. I will for sure patron Maxwell's again but cautiously and maybe be even more diligent about the measurements. Well, now I have an example I can give them (my old suit is great but I like this one's cut more as a two-button).

If anyone is looking for a great tailor, I went to Raffa initially but was put off by his prices. When I found out I can get it for free, I got the suit back and took it to Paul's Tailor's on Bathurst. They did some Jays, some Leafs and Tommy Hilifiger's (the actual designer) stuff when he was in town. And they're open till 8.

Great service, ghetto shop, two master tailors, quick and he pinned it exactly how I wanted it. They know a stylish suit.

Can't wait to get it back! WHOOT!

HC_P

TRIBE Member
MoFo said:
When I found out I can get it for free, I got the suit back and took it to Paul's Tailor's on Bathurst
Where abouts on Bathurst are they located? Major intersection...

Ciao,
AL

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Don't you people know how to use google????? :p

It's just south of Bathurst and Wilson (401), on the east side. 2 minute walk from Wilson.

http://www.paulstailors.com/

When I get my suit back next Wednesday, I will report back.

But Raffa was also alright. Expensive. Master tailor. Custom shirt = $250!
He's at Keewatin and Yonge. You can tell him Sunny sent you cuz I said I'd refer some people. I talked him down too for prices but maybe that's not such a good idea unless you bought something affiliated with his shop (which I have in the past).

C-NiCE

TRIBE Promoter
Anyone own a Tiger of Sweden suit? I like the modern cut of their suits, just curious about the quality.

jebac

TRIBE Member
buy a ticket to china and get a few suits made there... way cheaper than buying a suit here

-jebac

coleridge

TRIBE Member
C-NiCE said:
Anyone own a Tiger of Sweden suit? I like the modern cut of their suits, just curious about the quality.
I have a Tiger suit. I bought it at Boomer on Queen Street a year ago.

I love it.

No issues with quality so far on it. I don't wear the full suit much but I do wear just the pants often.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

squidly

TRIBE Member
just bought a new suit at harry rosen
they were (and might still be) having a sale, lot's of boss suits 50% off

just throwin that out there.

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
i miss my suits. They are still somewhere in Toronto. I have to favs a Kiton and Oxxford both custom.

Custom is only option now of days.
Would like a D&G for less formal though.

I will say this in Europe at least guys are not scared of getting stuff that fits instead of the terrible fittings I see over in North America.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Deus

TRIBE Member
Any suggestions for skinny a black suit under 500 dollars? I tried on a Boss and a Zegna suite at Harry's which fit me real nice, but I am don't think I want to spend that much on this suit because I need it for a wedding. Normaly I wouldn't wear a black one because I don't think they look too good on me, but being part of the wedding party I've been told to wear a black suit. I still want to look good and don't want to get a "dad suit". Any ideas?

djglobalkiller

TRIBE Promoter
Any suggestions for skinny a black suit under 500 dollars? I tried on a Boss and a Zegna suite at Harry's which fit me real nice, but I am don't think I want to spend that much on this suit because I need it for a wedding. Normaly I wouldn't wear a black one because I don't think they look too good on me, but being part of the wedding party I've been told to wear a black suit. I still want to look good and don't want to get a "dad suit". Any ideas?
are you getting married???????????????????????????????

or for your bros wedding??

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Deus, the only place you're going to find a slim, fashionable suit for around that price without tailoring is probably Banana Republic, Zara and H&M.
Go to the Queen West Zara. I find they have the best selection of suits because no one buys suits on Queen Street. So they always have sizes.

If you'd like, you could also buy a suit for around $500 and then spend some money on tailoring it to your liking but that could cost $200 on top of that.

If it's just for a bridal party, you could get away with a Zara or H&M suit and wear it to a few parties/job interviews/conferences until it falls apart.

Tom's place can do a one-off for around $400 if I am not mistaken.

When is the wedding?

Deus

TRIBE Member
Your info is much appreciated! The wedding is not until the end of July so I have time to shop around. Unfortunately I live in Edmonton and I can't make it to the Toronto stores. The wedding is in TO but there will not be enough time between the wedding and when I arrive there to buy a suit, especially if I need alterations. I think those store have locations here also and I will check them out. Thanks again.

GK: it's for my broski's wedding and then I may wear it to yours also ;)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders