1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The adeventures of swilly: turn 4 the worst re dsyentry!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by swilly, Aug 29, 2003.

1. swilly

swilly TRIBE Member

right so everything here had been going on well untill monday night. for some stupid reason i decided to really push my stomach to its limits that day.
    i went out for wild boar stew which was really nice and then had some nasty salami later on in the evening. What did it though and i will forever kick my self for this one was taking a bite of out an omlette that had been sitting on the kitchen counter of my hostel since the morning.

To be fair i thought it was pizza and thus only had a little a half bite my mate lorri had the other half. so we kept on drinking and carrying on untill about 5:30 or so then passed out.

about 8:30 i was like holy fuck i have never felt pain like this before in my life. I was totally fucked insane diareehaa, fever, cold sweats massive headache and the WORST WORST stomach pains the world has ever know.
    took me a good 2 days to get the strength to find a hospital only to find out that all the can recommend is sleep and water and dont eat anything.

think basically my trip is over i cant see anyways i can get better in time to get to romania :(

2. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

shitty deal dude, sorry to hear about that.

did you get me those $2 pills?

3. luvslife

luvslife TRIBE Member

Awww, sorry swillster. That sucks. Nothing fun about bad bum!

4. swilly

swilly TRIBE Member

point being to this thread any information you guys can find on the net about symptoms of
    1. seminilaa poisning
    2. food poisioning
    3. bowl infections
    4. stomach infections

and all the associated treatment would be greatly appreciated.
    I would do it my self but i used up all my strength walking down here to the internet cafe

the doctor i saw said he was pretty sure i had a bowl infection dont they treat that with anti biotics

also do canadain embassies have doctors on site

anyhelp here guys i am fucking dying here :(

swilly

5. luvslife

luvslife TRIBE Member

:D

6. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

just make sure you use hot water when you wash it

7. luvslife

luvslife TRIBE Member

8. xtollo

xtollo TRIBE Member

good use of wah - errr, innit?

9. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

it would seem swilly's 15 minutes of tribe fame are long gone

10. Boss Hog

Boss Hog TRIBE Member

ohhh swilly.

11. Jeremy Jive

Jeremy Jive TRIBE Member

This is one adventure I do not require a map, diagram or pie chart.

jeremy -pissing out your ass- jive

12. beaker

beaker TRIBE Member

the bright side

at least you don't have rickets too.

the bow-leggedness and craporama combined would make things much worse.

13. Boss Hog

Boss Hog TRIBE Member

I can't wait for the thread where swilly gets scabies.

14. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

[​IMG]
    IT"S A CARP!

15. Funzo

Funzo TRIBE Member

Maybe if you're lucky, when your body is fighting off the virus/infection it will mistake your beta cells as the virus and attack them too. Then you'll have the diabetes!

Good luck

16. swilly

swilly TRIBE Member

ahhh Budapest where you can go from being on top of the world to having the wieght of the world on your shoulders in only 6 hours.
    whatever i still got a picture with a statue of lenin that in itself was wort it. that and the money i save from not going out these past 4 days and more than likley next 2 weeks will be able to get me this statue of lenin i saw as well as these diesal sunglasses.

cherish your health for everything its worth
    Next time something horrible happens to you, remember that no matter what happens at least you didint have to spend the day in a former communist hospital trying to explain insane diareeha with sign language like your mate william did
    swilly

17. fleaflo

fleaflo TRIBE Member

You should definitely call the Canadian embassy to see what they can recommend. You can really get sick if you don't deal with whatever you have. Do you have any Immodium tablets with you? They will help you to control the squirts. Then you need to go out and buy a bunch of bottles of water and you need to start rehydrating yourself. Dehydration is what is making you so weak and it is harder for your body to fight your bowl problem.

Lots of bottled water, it'll help clean you out and strengthen your body so it can fight off the sickness.

18. squirrely

squirrely TRIBE Member

this sounds like an absolute nightmare.

i feel so bad for you.....

i will go do some internet research.

:(

19. Chris

Chris Well-Known TRIBEr

Shitty deal Swilly,

:(

20. squirrely

squirrely TRIBE Member

Symptoms of salmonella can vary greatly from person to person, may occur 12-72 hours after ingestion of contaminated food or water and may last 4-7 days. Most individuals experience two or more of the following symptoms: onset of severe headaches, abdominal cramps, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, low grade fever and muscle aches.

Severe forms of Salmonella infection may require hospitalization and isolation from other people. Patients with less severe infection and those who are recovering may be treated at home.

Get plenty of rest until fever, diarrhea and any other symptoms have been gone for three days.

Eat five or six small meals daily. Follow a progressive diet (clear liquids to full liquids to soft foods) as recommended by your provider.

Use self-care measures such as comfortable room temperature and fresh air. You may wish to try a hot water bottle for stomach cramps.

Symptomatic treatment with acetaminophen (Tylenol or similar product) for pain and fever is usually all that is required.

Antibiotics generally are not recommended unless the infection has spread from the intestines, because such medication can prolong rather than reduce the period of bacterial shedding in the intestine.

Individuals usually feel better within 5-7 days.

People who have Salmonellosis should not prepare food or pour water for others until they have been shown to no longer be carrying the Salmonella bacterium. Individuals working with food or in a health care facility, or day care center must have two negative stool cultures at least 72 hours apart before being allowed to return to work.

*hugs*

21. squirrely

squirrely TRIBE Member

speaking of internet research...

i also researched the majestic polar bear.

[​IMG]

so majestic.

In Canada, Hudson Bay's ice melts about three weeks earlier each spring than it did just 25 years ago, which has greatly shortened the time that the bears can hunt for food. (Polar bears need a platform of ice from which to hunt seals.) Canadian scientists have observed that today's polar bears are smaller in stature, weigh less, and have fewer cubs. The bears in certain areas of Canada have excessive levels of PCBs and other contaminants. In Canada, native hunting is allowed under the provision of the International Agreement. Each community is given a quota, and natives are permitted to sell their right to hunt a bear to non-natives. Roughly 500 bears are harvested each year.

22. todiefor

todiefor TRIBE Promoter

where, praytell, is swilly?

23. squirrely

squirrely TRIBE Member

24. lucky1

lucky1 TRIBE Member

Dude that totally sucks. I hope you have been smart enough to pack some imodiium pills with you when you travel. They work quite well. Remember to wash your hands offen, and well. I think it would be a good I dea to call the embassy. Also you should have travel insurance no? Everytime I've had it there is a little card that you punch out and put in your wallet that has international toll free numbers to call if you need help.