• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

the 100 : in a post-apocalyptic world, the acting sucks

alexd

Administrator
Staff member

I have just watched a few episodes of the 100 and I can't believe shows like this still get budget to get made. The plot is sort of interesting - kind of Lord of The Flies set in 2114. The cast is Abercrombie Lite , and even the few actors I recognize on this show from other SciFi shows can't even deliver lines without looking like it is being read off a teleprompter.

There is a giant water snake, so that is something at least, but I don't understand how these Abercrombies can get hired for shit like this... California is full of hot looking chicks with perfect teeth, and I am sure some of them can act even better than this lot.. Are they related to the producer or something to get jobs like this?

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Also, this guy doesn't even have to say a thing and you know he is the evil creepy guy on every sci fi series:

Brandon

TRIBE Member
I'm way more interested in what's going on on board the dying space station than I am with what's happening on the ground.

mute79

TRIBE Member
I've been waiting for a good post-apocalyptic show for a long time. The Road quenched my thirst for a while, but come on, I need a steady fix!

A show based on the game Fallout would be incredible.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Lil'Timmy

TRIBE Promoter
I've been following the whole season so far on Netflix (they actually show in on the CW on wed or thurs then immediatly put the episode on netflix, which is cool imo) Bad acting, great premise. IT got really dark though midway through the season, like, holy shit this is the CW not HBO dark. So it kept me interested. The 2 lead actresses are good looking, and the kid from Being Erica is humorous. Something to watch when I
tire of binge watching The West Wing..again.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
If they would stop having these Millennial Moments (stopping all the action, the plot, everything for the kissing close up shot), and had more maiming, raiding and pillaging it would be better.

Also, there are some interesting ideas going on in this show that are just being glossed over with all the kissing closeups:

- how humanity starts building bombs again in a veritable paradise
- how the white folk newcomers are again wanting to wipe out the aboriginals
- OMG!!!! how hot is Raven???!!!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
It's getting better and I like it better now. However the constant love triangles and high school behaviour is getting on my nerves.