• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

the '06 BBQ thread

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
Okay, maybe I'm pushing the season a little bit, but i'm keen!

not having an extensive porch or back yard area, I cannot have one of those nice big bed rack jobs that you wheel out of the garage every night to cook up a nice inch thick steak slathered in onions and some veggies wrapped in foil, corn and buns heated on the top rack, etc...

so I'm browsing online for a small portable hibatchi dealy: good for car-camping, apartment balconies, tailgate parties at metal shows, etc.

this year, I've decided I hate my kitchen and all my food is going to be cooked under the stars... the way god and cavemen intended!

alright, tribe opinon time: whats best? propane, coal, some sort of combo of the two, gasoline, wood? I like the idea of gases in small cylinders... they rapidly expand to make my food explode with deliciousness! it means its concentrated tastiness!!

gotta heat that meat!!

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Krzysiu said:
Okay, maybe I'm pushing the season a little bit, but i'm keen!

not having an extensive porch or back yard area, I cannot have one of those nice big bed rack jobs that you wheel out of the garage every night to cook up a nice inch thick steak slathered in onions and some veggies wrapped in foil, corn and buns heated on the top rack, etc...

so I'm browsing online for a small portable hibatchi dealy: good for car-camping, apartment balconies, tailgate parties at metal shows, etc.

this year, I've decided I hate my kitchen and all my food is going to be cooked under the stars... the way god and cavemen intended!

alright, tribe opinon time: whats best? propane, coal, some sort of combo of the two, gasoline, wood? I like the idea of gases in small cylinders... they rapidly expand to make my food explode with deliciousness! it means its concentrated tastiness!!

gotta heat that meat!!

I bbqd last night: a big striploin (a really big striploin). I am just about to eat the other half of it as nice sammiches with kosliks mustard!

Lurker

TRIBE Member
lol you have such an awesome way with words.

I've already bbq'd once this spring, and I think I might grill some burgers again tonight.

As for your grilling weapon of choice? Not sure in terms of small & portable grills.

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
my apartment is as big as the box that mr. tall's last pair of shoes came in... I need something i can just let cool off and then dump in my closet for save keeping!

I'm paitent thought, I'd cook bacon by candle if I had to!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

dicksherwood

TRIBE Member
I bbq'd on saturday at the cottage, it was cold, there was too much snow, I didn't like it.

I can wait another month or so.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Propane is the way to go for a little hibachi especially if you want your grilling to be mobile.

You can get them pretty cheap at Can Ti or equivilant

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
thats what I'm leaning for... plus I'm not too picky as there is beer and rock on the stereo.

my band of choice to grill to: supertramp... hey, it brings out the flavour!

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
Wiseman said:
Propane is the way to go for a little hibachi especially if you want your grilling to be mobile.

You can get them pretty cheap at Can Ti or equivilant
yup. I have been lucky enough to BBQ at least 5 or 6 times this year. I am also the type that will stand out there in the pooring rain with an umbrella or a -30 windchill and just dress up more.

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
Crazlegs said:
mmmmmmmmmmm ....... BBQ! I wish I still had a balcony! So which kind soul wants to invite me for a BBQ?
hay Crazlegs i met you last Friday @ TIL

butterfly baby!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kyfe

TRIBE Member
Krzysiu, consider the weber babyQ it's small and portable and of good quality, I think they run around $200 or something.

I bbq'd last weekend and the burgers tasted so good, I bought some smoking chips and it really adds to the flavour id suggest giving them a try. The great thing about having a patio door is you slide it open and place everything on and then go back inside no need to worry about the temperature.

Nice.

bArHo

TRIBE Member
dicksherwood said:
I bbq'd on saturday at the cottage, it was cold, there was too much snow, I didn't like it.

I can wait another month or so.

eeek! me neither. 5 weeks and its muskoka all the time!

tick tock tick tock.

agentRC4

TRIBE Member

by far the best small/portable grill on the market.

It cooks real good.
it's 100% genuine Weber. The first hybrid gas grill that can act as both a full functioning
backyard grill and a portable gas grill. However you decide to use it, steaks will sizzle, salmon will sing, and neighbors everywhere will be green
with envy.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders